Dev Team Release PwnageTool 3.0 to Jailbreak iPhone OS 3.0

Comments

• Kray-Z
    Kray-Z Posts: 85
    via Wordpress

uhh check your link Egypt, for some reason it wont open for me, i get some weird txt string instead...
    thanks bro

• pinak
    pinak Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hey everybody, I just downloaded the Pwnage Tool 3.0 OS and I made the custom ipsw and put my itouch 1g into dfu mode and launched itunes and option clicked restore and chose the custom ipsw and it loads all fine and then itunes says it wasn't successful and shutdown PLEASE HELP !!!!

• xshooter726
    xshooter726 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Here is the Custom 3.0 i used.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W9N5VHHM

Remember i was on 2.2.1 and went to 3.0 with this.
    Now i am Jailbroken and unlocked.
    it will erase every thing so make sure u back ur stuff up.
    I used APTbackup.
    INSTALL INFO:
    Plug into computer (no Need for DFU)
    Open itunes
    Click on Restore while holding Down "Shift" Key
    Browes to the Custom 3.0
    And watch Your iphone go From 2.2.1 To 3.0! :)

I am running 3.0 on 2G iphone and it jailbroken,unlocked for use with T-Mobile.

PLEASE leave a Thanks if used my link!

• Egypt
    Egypt Posts: 115
    via Wordpress

ModMyI is trustworthy imho. Idk why you are getting a txt string but ill post links and see if it helps.

3g ispw- http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite.net/content.info.apple.com/iPhone/061-6578.20090617.VfgtU/iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw

2g ispw- http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite.net/content.info.apple.com/iPhone/061-6580.20090617.XsP76/iPhone1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw

NOTE: IF YOU DOWNLOAD THESE WITH SARARI THEY WILL BE COMPRESSED SO USE FIREFOX

• Egypt
    Egypt Posts: 115
    via Wordpress

Wait i dont understand did i just give links to the custom ispw's!?!?

• Thepartyguy
    Thepartyguy Posts: 57
    via Wordpress

ME TOO!!! CANT WAIT I NEED THAT MMS!!!!
    AND CHANGE THE LOOK OF THIS STOCK SCREEN...
    IM WORKING CANT WAIT TO GET HOME AND PLAY WITH IT!!!!

common dev team GET ME THAT jailbreak!!!
    YO CAN DO IT!!!! WE LOVE YA!!!

• ZedSefi
    ZedSefi Posts: 130
    via Wordpress

Is it possible to reserve the baseband again so that we can keep using the same baseband that YellowSn0w works on, or this is not implemented as one of the features that PwnageTool can do for IPSW FW 3.0 ??

• yankii
    yankii Posts: 51
    via Wordpress

update 3.0 on iphone 2g does not need ultrasn0w to unlock... iphone 3g users, like myself, do so...

• yankii
    via Wordpress

yea, or you need to jailbreak... try finding a custom 3.0 ispw in the meanwhile... or just wait. hopefully tonight will be released

• yankii
    via Wordpress

yup... you should be able to do that with no problems.

• yankii
    via Wordpress

these seem to be for 2g iphone...

notice the
    'iPhone1,2_3.0'

at the beginning?

• Games905
    Games905 Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

does the actually work on the 3G???

all i need to use is itunes 8.2 and hold shift and restore the custom ipsw???

thanks

• Bill
    Bill Posts: 153
    via Wordpress

I am dumb yes ... but how do I install this:
    Do i install 3.0 FIRST and then PwnageTool?

• Zig
    Zig Posts: 21
    via Wordpress

Just thought i would let someone know, I'v got iphone 1st Gen was running 2.2 jailbroken & unlocked.

thought i would hit [Update] in itunes see what happened, fully expecting i would have to use PwnageTool to unlock & use with my carrier (optus in AUS)

After update finished my phone worked fine running 3.0. no need to use PwnageTool at all.

I should note i am using Little Snitch, when update first started a program (not itunes) tried access some server (sorry for being so vague, can't remember details)
    i hit [deny] in little snitch prompt

that's it. iphone working fine running 3.0, not jailbroken, not unlocked

• dali
    dali Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

yes , it work great for 1st gen , unlocked & gailbreak :-) great job

• benhur
    benhur Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Hi, you have no .IPSW file in your 2G package?

What's the procedure to restore with that?

Thanks!

• benhur
    benhur Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I made a mistake, that comment was for Egypt.

• ininja
    ininja Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

IphoneHacks, i hope you guys are working on a step by step guide from updating to 3.0 to jailbreaking and unlocking. I have my iphone 3g running 2.2 basband 2.28 unlocked with yellowsn0w, i previously used your guides to unlock my phone when i got it and it was a big help thanks alot. Just like the Dev team guys, please tell me you are working on those steps, please

• mikegudz
    mikegudz Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

okay so this is kinda off topic, but when i upgraded my 3g on wednesday to 3.0 i couldnt find the batter percentage symbol on the status bar or anywhere in the settings app. also notices how when i first upgraded the app store had the "more" button and the redeem option and now it doesnt. so i thought it was just the phone, but now i got my 3gs by ups this morning and it still doesnt have the battery or new app store look. oh i forgot to mention that my 3g was jailbroken and when i upgraded to 3.0 my custom carrier name stayed on and when i restored my 3gs my custom carrier name showed up on there too. i found that strange and funny..

also, i am giving my 3g to a friend and need to unlock it he bought a turbo sim for the 3.0 software. can he use that until ultrasnow comes out or once u use that u cant take it out?

can someone help me about the battery and app store thing?

• mikegudz
    mikegudz Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

and half the apps in cydia arent working.... videorecorder3g doesnt even open and some other apps dont either... =(

• Ed
    Ed Posts: 110
    via Wordpress

if upgrading to 3.0, can you keep baseband 12.11.07 using turbosim.

• Frisy
    Frisy Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I've tried installing 3.0 to a 1st gen iphone with no luck. I get an unknown error code 1600 after pressing restore. I can put the un-hacked version of 3.0 on but obviously can't use the phone as i'm not with the right carrier. So for now its a good paper weight until i can figure it out haha

• Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 137
    via Wordpress

Quick! release QuickPWN for Windows!!! I wanna jailbreak now!!!!! hee hee...

• Kris
    Kris Posts: 21
    via Wordpress

I need help. I downloaded the qwkpwn for mac and followed the steps, and got my custom ispw. the only thing is I can't figure out how to get that on to my phone. I did try and just restore my phone from itunes after it was created but nothing changed.

• Kris
    Kris Posts: 21
    via Wordpress

how did you do it? I ran the program and restored my phone but nothing changed. I have the custom ispw but im not sure how to restore my phone with it.

• Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress

i cant wait for quickpwn and ultrasn0w to come out so i can get in on these discussions

• sel
    sel Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

pls help me i just update my phone to 3.0 and all my jailbreak staff erase pls help me how to download back vertion 2.0 so i can jailbreak my phone again w/out jailbreak not much things to do w/ my phone pls help

• chriskxl
    chriskxl Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Try rebooting - I had the same issue and rebooting worked for me.

• Arun
    Arun Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Hey wanted to make sure if the custom firmware will unlock and JB my 2G. reply ASAP. thank you.

• Lucky
    Lucky Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I have a 2G iPhone that I want Jailbroken and Unlocked but I don't have a Mac. Would someone be willing to create a custom IPSW for me with the custom boot logos if I send them the logos? If you are willing to help me send me an IM on yahoo at RichardMoreland20@yahoo.com . Thanks for everything. Dev Team kicks AS*. Thanks for all the hard work you guys put in to making something that everyone loves. I do wish you would bring back WinPwn though. It sucks not being able to make custom IPSWs on a Windows system.