Dev Team Release PwnageTool 3.0 to Jailbreak iPhone OS 3.0

1235»

Comments

• kandarp
    kandarp Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

Dude,there is one big problem with pwnagetool 3.0 and redsnow both.Everything will go nice till unlock (2G) but,as u turn off it and restart it will stuck at apple's logo and spinning wheel (technically 'bricked').Can anybody confirm this to me?

• kandarp
    via Wordpress

I did the same thing.Updated my 2G to 3.0 using itunes then used pwnagetool to unlock.Did well too. Then i switched off the iphone and restarted but it stucks at apple's logo and not booting back again. Then i tried redsnow but,same result. Did i missed something or is it a bug? If it's a bug can u confirm with me please?

• kandarp
    via Wordpress

Dude i unlocked two of the 2G iphones using both redsnow and pwnagetool.but when i restart them they stuck on apple's logo and spinning wheel.I am confused and juz wanna know if it's a problem with me only?

• sneakyniquie@hotmail.com
    via Wordpress

where did you start? i cant figure out which link i need to being to jailbreak my iphone 3g with 3.0

• rhubarb
    rhubarb Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Same problem in Portugal.
    My 3g iphone is unlocked - that is, bought at full price, not hacked
    Was running 2.2 plus jailbreak just fine.
    Upgraded to 3.0, immediately jailbroke, and my service signal strength went down to hoverring between 1 bar and No Service. Argh!

I didn't even check it between the 3.0 upgrade and the jailbreak so I thought it might be the upgrade (some have reported a problem with signal strength in 3.0)

I restored to 3.0 (i.e undo-jailbreak) and service signal is just great.

Obviously this is a dealbreaker for this particular firmware - please hurry with a fix devteam

• Goroshi
    Goroshi Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

in pwnage click on on expert , then general then uncheck activate phone ..that should do the trick

• JIMM
    JIMM Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Hi, using pwnagetool 3.0 on my OS 10.5.7 powerbook to jailbreak my 3G iphone, the app keeps crashing during creation of my ipsw file. I'd be happy to provide crash logs, etc, if anyone's interested.

• JIMM
    JIMM Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I was in "simple" mode, btw. I tried "expert" mode, but couldn't figure out how to proceed.

I downloaded and tried redsnow, but when asked to select the corresponding IPSW for my current firmware, I saw no choices listed, and wasn't sure where on my hard drive I should "browse" to.

• B
    B Posts: 37
    via Wordpress

And thats funny becouse most iphone users dont use a mac lol

• James Huang
    James Huang Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Wish the dev team would release guide for jailbreaking/unlocking iphone 2G using pwnage tool 3