UltraSn0w: Software method to Unlock iPhone 3G running iPhone OS 3.0 Released

Comments

• Jamez
    Jamez Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

I've unlock my 3G iphone and it worked great. The only problem is the 3.0 version now drains my battery. Does anyone have the same problem? Any way to fix that problem? Thanks

• Mohammad
    Mohammad Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

It works quite easy and fast.

• kenny
    kenny Posts: 42
    via Wordpress

Hi Bob,

Do I need to upgrade it thru iTunes (it is then saying to restore to factory settings - loss of media and other data, etc..) or is there any other way?

I want to be sure before I take another step.

Thanks, Kenny

• Orlando
    Orlando Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

And did 3G worked? My Friend Unlock and Jailbreakin a iphone 3g and when i put my tmobile(USA) sim card it only pick up E (Edge) not 3G. Did 3G worked for you?

• med
    med Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Where do I go to download this program so that I can unlock/jailbreak my phone? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

• Irha
    Irha Posts: 37
    via Wordpress

Thanks. Since it was jailbroken, I had a lot of 3rd party application data on it. Assuming I am going to reinstall at least some of them after jailbreaking 3.0, how do I backup and restore that data?

• Amin
    Amin Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

It works perfectly, i tried it with my iphone and no error. Thanks Dev Team, keep up the good work. nobody does it better

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

UK:
    O2
    T Mobile
    Orange
    Fresh
    Virgin
    Vodafone
    UK01 (kiosks-- spectrum interactive)
    Tesco (uses O2)
    Asda (voda)

all the above sim tested and working.
    UK01 capable of 7.1 mbs not publicly available.

• LaLa
    LaLa Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

sry to bother you! i updated the APN & for some reason its still not working. I was on the phone w tmobile for an hour & still no luck. I didnt tell them i was on an unlocked iphone. It stopped working before the update. Do you know if there's a certain plan i should be on or is there a certain phone i should tell them i have? thanx

• BOO HOO
    BOO HOO Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

love all the work Dev Team :)

but I'm having a bit of a problem with Apple's software.

I upgraded to iTunes 8.2, did a backup of the iPhone, and started a 'restore' to 3.0.

Got an 'unknown error 1604', have tried again and a again but can't get any further. only thing different is I am now seeing an 'unknown error 1603'!! eek!

I followed all of apples advice on their KB, anybody out there got any advice? all help greatly appreciated :)

• muthu
    muthu Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Hai,
    Thanks for this unlocking methods.I saw one sitehttp://www.mobileunlocksolutions.com/.In that site contains the unlocking codes and instructions for mobiles.Anyway this software method is very useful to me.Thank U

• Armanius
    Armanius Posts: 42
    via Wordpress

if your iphone is password protected make sure to turn it off.

• Armanius
    via Wordpress

if you want to jailbreak your iPhone(which you have to do first so you will be able to unlock it) you have to use redsn0w and after you done jailbreaking your iPhone you have to add this repo repo666.ultrasn0w.com to your Cydia and install Ultrasn0w

• Don
    Don Posts: 111
    via Wordpress

Select 'Manage' then go to 'Sources' then select 'Edit' and then select 'add' once key in select 'add source'

• cmadiam
    cmadiam Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

followed all instructions but it doesn't work for me. I have 3G and updated to 3.0 and also jail breaked it before install ultrasnow but now, when i tried to reboot my iphone, only the apple logo appears...

Can someone help me on this one?

• Petre Cristescu
    Petre Cristescu Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I followed all the instruction and all works fine now.

To be able to get good and permanent carrier coverage, I had to restore network settings after install ultrasn0w.

Thanks for all you have done.

• Erik
    Erik Posts: 47
    via Wordpress

Hi.

I have the problem with "No service" after Ultrasn0w is installed.
    Followed every guide 100% and everything goes all the way just fine.
    But after i installed Ultrasn0w and rebooted. Searching, searching and then
    No Service ! :(
    Tried everything. Started all over 10 times, same result.
    What to to ?
    Anybody know of this problem.

Thx guys.

• pepenivel
    pepenivel Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Vodafone Spain, iphone 3.0 jailbraked and unlocked following Dev Team´s instructions, working beautifully, THANKS A LOT DEV TEAM!!!! you guys are awesome!!

Note about something I was doubting: If you have your iphone 2.1 or 2.2 with yellowSn0w you have to update your phone to 3.0 first, then jaibreak it with redSn0w which will install Cydia or Icy in your iphone, then get ultraSn0w thru Cydia or Icy.

• dsfsdi
    dsfsdi Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

AT&Ts 3G doesn't work on T-Mobil it's a whole different carrier -_-

• kenny
    via Wordpress

Hi

I need to upgrade it thru iTunes (it is then saying to restore to factory settings - loss of media and other data, etc..) or is there any other way?

Thanks, Kenny

• kenny
    via Wordpress

Hi

I need to upgrade to OS 3.0 thru iTunes (it is then saying to restore to factory settings - loss of media and other data, etc..) or is there any other way?

Thanks, Kenny

• rad
    rad Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

THX It works on Iphone 3G 16GB

• iphoneboon
    iphoneboon Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

i have jailbroken and unlocked my iphone with ultrasnow, however every few mins or so i lose reception and no signal bars show. Then after a while its ok.

• Duc
    Duc Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

Why does my iphone say "different SIM detected, please connect to itunes" Anyone help please.

• Chris999
    Chris999 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

It does not work with my Iphone 3g! :( Please help! Maybe a new update for Ultrasn0w?? Please HELP ME!! :)

• muthu
    via Wordpress

Hai,
    Thanks to this software.I found one website mobileunlocker.In that site contains unlocking instructions for mobiles.This software also help to unlock.so once again Thanks.

• muthu
    via Wordpress

Hai,
    Thanks to this software.I found one website mobileunlocker.In that site contains unlocking instructions for mobiles.This software also help to unlock.so once again Thanks.

• Edgar
    Edgar Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

I have an iphone 3G running 2.2 (jailbroken and unlocked) what is the exact procedure to upgrade my iphone to OS 3.0 without losing the jailbreak and unlock?

I am using Windows platform

regards

• Marcell M.
    Marcell M. Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Does jailbreaking my iPhone 3G with 3.0 with redsn0w restore it or does it do it as an update process? I hate going through restores and restoring from backups and installing apps again.

Does redsn0w jailbreak by updating it or restoring?

• Armanius
    via Wordpress

has anyone tried with T-Mobile in US??