UltraSn0w: Software method to Unlock iPhone 3G running iPhone OS 3.0 Released

Comments

• Mervin
    Mervin Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

ok can we jailbreak the iphone 3GS yet????

• Darren
    Darren Posts: 43
    via Wordpress

huge thanks dev team for the speedy unlock for OS 3.0.

piece of cake, upgraded my iphone to OS 3.0 via itunes then ran PwnageTool 3 to jailbreak my phone piece of cake.
    (however itunes didn't work and would not allow me to connect the phone in recovery mode until i had it connected to the internet).
    added the ultrasn0W as described (had an error at first so manually ran it) and hey presto iphone 3G 16GB v3.0 on UK orange network on holiday in ARUBA.

took awhile due to firstly dropping my 2G iphone down the toilet, Breaking the display on my 2nd iphone 3G so had to purchase an new iphone 3GS and now dropping and breaking my new macbook pro 17". they say things come in 3 so lets hope thats it :)

THANKS!!!!!

• Pinnu
    Pinnu Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I am having iphone 3g firmware 2.1 , and i m not haivng lot experience in jailbreaking and unlocking but i have tried one time and was successful.I wanna ask that after jailbreaking my phone to 3.0 OS will my phone work fine but i will not be able to make calls and send messages? Will unlocking my phone will make phone able to make calls and will it work with all service carriers because i m using turbo sim?

• JG
    JG Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

worked brilliantly - thanks Dev team!

• BOO HOO
    BOO HOO Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Thanks, Armanius.

it was password protected (time delay of 1 hour on the lock). but i didnt turn it off. now i can't turn it off as i can't access the phone :(

• Kwopau
    Kwopau Posts: 294
    via Wordpress

I find that this is true with Vista. I also have Vista Home Premium and every time i tried, the program would close by itself and crash. I did jb my iphone 3G 3.0 using my other laptop which is XP Media Center Edition and it has worked. I suppose that some vista's doesn't work while some does?

• Kwopau
    via Wordpress

Well to be honest. Not all country allows it or has a specific code that needs to be used. I've had the same issue as you have, where I have it unlocked but it doesn't work with my service here in Korea. I do have a Korean Cell phone that has a SIM card and have the same issue. I believe it's still a hardware issue even though it is unlocked.

• Kwopau
    via Wordpress

this has happened to me a few times when I was using Vista. I was about to give up but i had a chance to use XP machine to jb my iphone 3G.

If you have Vista, it may not work properly.

• LaLa
    LaLa Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

I've jailbroken & unlocked my 3g & everything is working as normal except cydia crashes on the loading data screen. Would anyone happen to know why this happens and how I can fix it? thank you

• Kwopau
    via Wordpress

you go under Manage and i believe the button is on the top left?

• Kwopau
    via Wordpress

Just connect your iphone to itunes and it will automatically back up if you have set it to do it that way. if not right click on your iphone icon on the left and select "back up now" and it should back up.

• Kwopau
    via Wordpress

Well any cellular networks that uses GSM would do.

• Kwopau
    via Wordpress

No. you must update to 3.0 and then install ultrasn0w.

• Kwopau
    via Wordpress

i would just update your iphone to 3.0 without preserving the baseband because ultrasn0w does work with the baseband that comes with 3.0

• Kwopau
    via Wordpress

in Windows did you hit the shift key? while holding the shift key click restore.

• Kwopau
    via Wordpress

If I were you, i would just back up the iphone and do a clean install of 3.0 then jb it and install ultrasn0w.

• Kwopau
    via Wordpress

once you unlocked your iphone 3G, you don't need a turbo sim anymore, so that you can throw away or give it to someone else. or do whatever you like with the turbo sim.

when you unlock your iphone you can use anywhere that lets you use it. Some countries like South Korea have blocked people using their unlocked iphone 3G into their service.

• niloy
    niloy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

hi all
    I used ultrasn0w but after reboot it says 'waiting for activation,this may take some time' but one day already gone.
    what should i do?can anyone help me?
    thanks

• tim
    tim Posts: 173
    via Wordpress

worked just great. I wish that the 3g for t-mobile worked though

• lar
    lar Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

I have a 16g 3g iphone that i was running 2.2 on. I bought the phone in the US and i updated to 3.0 because i thought i could unlock it but i keep getting a msg to connect the iphone to itunes. When i do it asks me to insert my sim and when i do that it says the sim inserted is not supported. Any suggestions? Help? Please. Thanks

• reibu@mac.com
    reibu@mac.com Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi guys

we cannot download ultrasn0w via Cydia because the iPhone does not connect to our wireless network.
    iPhone is jailbroken with redsn0w.

Any ideas?

thank you

Joe

• fuckingyourn
    fuckingyourn Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hey fucking yourn!!! shut the **** up! if you can afford to **** with $30 a month. Get the **** out of this forum fucke!

• Luke
    Luke Posts: 51
    via Wordpress

Hey guys been reading through your posts.iv got iphone 3g runnin 3.0os.can i unlock it when it is roaming?its 02uk phone but im currently in canada.also when i return to uk will it work as normal with 02 contract.no crazy bills or "sim not recognised" kinda stuff?dont care if 3g works in canada or not just want it to recieve/make calls on pay as u go sim.
    Any help would be grate!!
    Cheers

• Pinky
    Pinky Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

unlock successful on my iPhone 3g! thanks Dev Team. more power guys!

• Jbrown
    Jbrown Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

worked fine for me and so did the jailbrakeing it even sorted out my internet for me cheers !!!

• Wanderer503@hotmail.com
    via Wordpress

F purple snow. Ultra snow is the shlttttttt!!!!!!!!! Too easy... F 3g net work 4g coming out.... Soon l. 3g will B 2 slow. Att will not hang with Comcast or clear or sprint.. From Corp monoply insider. Trust me

• spyvspyaeon
    spyvspyaeon Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Hi there, I have the Iphone 3G 8gb, Ver. 2.2.1(5H11) and modem firmware 02.28.00, the last jailbreak I've done it is messing me a lot, my Iphone gives some errors when I connect to Itunes, doesn't install my App (even telling me that it is installed) and sometimes crashes (just reboot alone). I saw the release of Ultrasn0w and can't understand how to upgrade to 3.0 while apple store release the 3.0.1 (I think this is to prevent some people to unlock). I'm not going to upgrade to 3.0.1. I don't care to get or not the last unlock, I just want to see my Iphone working good with my different SIM (that is why I unlock the mobile) thnks ur attention, hugs

• Don
    Don Posts: 111
    via Wordpress

I am trying to use T-Mobile card. Installed Cydia but Can anyone tell how do you disable 3G?

• Don
    Don Posts: 111
    via Wordpress

I have a T-Mobile. How do I disable 3 G before unlocking iPhone.

• Harry
    Harry Posts: 57
    via Wordpress

works great but batt. drains fast after jailbreak