Step By Step Guide to Upgrade Jailbroken iPhone 3GS to iPhone OS 3.1 Using PwnageTool 3.1.3

Comments

• mbhullar
    mbhullar Posts: 43
    via Wordpress

The reason you are getting the error is because you upgraded to 3.1. The current jailbreak method ONLY works for users who are on 3.0 or 3.01 3GS and jailbroken. Even though you are looking for a jailbreak and not unlock it won't work for you for now until the Dev team finds an alternate solution.

Hope this helps.

• mbhullar
    mbhullar Posts: 43
    via Wordpress

No you cannot jailbreak now (at least with the given Pwnadge tool) you were not supposed to upgrade to 3.1. This solution only works if you are on 3.0 or 3.01 & jailbroken.

• Dhruv Patel
    Dhruv Patel Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I was on OS 3.0.1 with JB using redsn0w 0.8,I was facing problem in carrier so I used Reset Network but that did not help me so then I used Erase All Contents,after tapping that button restarted and stuck on apple logo.

I tired to restored it and lot othere options,
    1) ECHD (for that I an not sure saurik server have for mt device but I tired if any possibility !!!)
    2) used umberalla options
    3) iRecovery options
    4) Aging used redsn0w but stuck at Activing with pinapple logo.

I am confused shall I upgared to os 3.1 from Itunes or is there any other way to start my phone with out upgrading to 3.1 ?

Is pwnage 3.1 work after upgrading to 3.1 using Itunes ?

or shall I get cutome rom and directly try to restore usgin already customized firmwares (jailbroken and without baseband upgrade) as I also want carrier umlock ? will it work directly to restore my phone with out updating to 3.1 ??

please help me ??
    Thanks in advance...

• mosheking2@aol.com
    via Wordpress

my iphone was already jailbrocken i followed the instructions but it had no service

(at&t)

• Tony
    Tony Posts: 145
    via Wordpress

Dear Iphonehacks

Plz Make a custom firmware for windows user in 2 version.

1. lock iphone 3gS
    2. Unlock iphone 3gs.

so its easy windows users download the file & flash it.

We are waiting for positive reply from you. You are our trusted source.

Thanks & best regards to Devtem & IphoneHacks

• pauldta
    pauldta Posts: 22
    via Wordpress

Oh,I see.This **** is work for 3.0 and 3.0.1.Not for users had already updated to 3.1.It won't work and useless anyway.

• ahsan
    ahsan Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

I am from Singapore. This guide sure works like a charm. Everything was done within like 20 minutes.
    Thanks a lot iPhoneHacks, and the Dev Team.
    Just a reminder for everyone who wants to give this a go: backup your iPhone with iTunes first so that you can restore everything (settings, photos, contacts, etc) back swiftly after the operation. This is a wipe clean operation, you will get a pristine iPhone 3.1 after that, not a single bit of data will be left.

• Tony
    Tony Posts: 145
    via Wordpress

What are the advantages of upgrading to 3.1 I don't want to have to reinstall all my jail-broken apps only to find there is no difference.
    Thanks

• vascaino
    vascaino Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

i got the iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. With DFU and recovery mode, we got the same message right? so im thinking that who updated to 3.1 even if we had jailbroken the 3.0 and the 3.01 with the file thing in cydia, we are unable to jailbreak at this time, right?

• Mark b
    Mark b Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

hey if i do jailbreak my 3gs, will i still be able to download and install cracked apps through cydia.hackulo.us and ****?

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress

hi there, could u post the link for windows ?

thanks

• William
    William Posts: 36
    via Wordpress

So, I should follow the guide from beginning to end. With the "Activate The Phone" option UNCHECK. Then re-setup the phone from my backup. Once done, I should run the "check for updates" on iTunes to get this carrier settings update for the MMS? Thx

• mannu
    mannu Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

my itunes gets stuck in preparing iphone for restore... i already upgrade to 3.1 anyone have sucess jailbreaking it?

• Josh
    Josh Posts: 265
    via Wordpress

no-one that I know of. I have tried almost everything i know how to and even things I had never heard of and still didn't get it to work.

• none
    none Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

Boom! Now I can run Dropbox on 3.1. About time.

• Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress

i upgrade my iphone 3gs to 3.1 with itune, which upgrade the baseline to 5.11.07. Does this mean i am unable to jailbreak and unlock at this time?

• Dan c
    Dan c Posts: 27
    via Wordpress

My carrier logo is missing. anyone else noticing that?

• Will
    Will Posts: 104
    via Wordpress
  • Christopher
    Christopher Posts: 34
    via Wordpress

I did everything and it worked great. Now when I connect to itunes it says update carrier settings? Should I? Is this what enables the MMS? Thanks!

• Christopher
    Christopher Posts: 34
    via Wordpress
  • Gabby
    Gabby Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

everything works well for me (thank you very much!) but my carrier name is no longer listed on the top bar. Is that normal?

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

It appears to be a cosmetic issue, it shouldn’t impact coverage or signal. Dev Team seem to be aware of the issue. They were to fix it in this version of PwnageTool. They recently reported that they have heard similar complaints even from users who had not jailbroken/unlocked their iPhone so they are not sure if it is due to jailbreaking/unlocking.

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Updated the post to mention this known issue. Thanks for highlighting it.

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 12:49 AM, Admin@iPhoneHacks.com <admin@iphonehacks.com> wrote:

It appears to be a cosmetic issue, it shouldn’t impact coverage or signal. Dev Team seem to be aware of the issue. They were to fix it in this version of PwnageTool. They recently reported that they have heard similar complaints even from users who had not jailbroken/unlocked their iPhone so they are not sure if it is due to jailbreaking/unlocking.

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

• ian
    ian Posts: 48
    via Wordpress

No. If you upgraded to 3.1 without using pwnagetool, you cannot jailbreak it currently. Hopefully a solution will be released soon.

• gav
    gav Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

when will be available the jailbreak for the iphone os 3.1 for windows??

• Ljs
    Ljs Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

iphone hacks do we have any kind of time frame for the pwnage tool to jailbreak the 3G[S]

• Stew
    Stew Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

Used 3.1_3GS_Jailbroken_NO_BASEBAND.ipsw everything went through but now no VVM and it seems to be unlocked. I had to install Ultrasnow just to get it to connect to AT&T with no carrier logo in the status bar.

• Stew
    via Wordpress

Used 3.1_3GS_Jailbroken_NO_BASEBAND.ipsw everything went through but now no VVM and it seems to be unlocked. I had to install Ultrasnow just to get it to connect to AT&T with no carrier logo in the status bar.

• Stew
    via Wordpress

Found this and it worked for VVM
    to fix your visual voicemail after doing tthe 3.1 update. go to Settings > General > Profile > then remove the BENM.at Call your phone, leave a voicemail and it will work!!!!!!