PwnageTool 3.1.3 Released to Jailbreak iPhone OS 3.1; Adds Support for iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 2G

Comments

• Kingcc2
    Kingcc2 Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I have a jailbroken 3gs with 3.0 OS & I have notice whenever I go into Cydia at the top of the home page it saids: "This device has a 3.1 ECID SHSH on file." What does this mean?

• ian
    ian Posts: 48
    via Wordpress

First thing's first: Amazing job, Dev Team. So many people appreciate your work!

One thing I've never totally been clear on is this: If we originally jailbroke using Redsn0w, can we now use Pwnage tool on a friend's Mac? Would we then be able to go back to our Windows machine and sync as normal?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

• Tankueray
    Tankueray Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

I've been JB'ed since the get go. I upgraded to a 3GS. I initially did a purplera1ny day, then JB 3.0 with purplera1n. Then 3.0.1 with Redsn0w. That's where I'm at now. I can easily do Pwnage, no prob. Saurik has my ECID info recorded as 3.1, and I still have the purplera1nyday file.

What I want to know is:
    Is there any benefit to having the above stuff?
    And
    Will I get to keep tethering? I assume that Pwnage updates the carrier file to enable MMS, but what about my tethering? I cannot and will not give that up.

• FullyLocked7937
    FullyLocked7937 Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

Hey Quick Q. if i don't care about unlocking my phone just jailbreaking it those the whole baseband issue affects me in any way can't I just restore to 3.1 and then do a restore to a custom 3.1 cause right now my phone is stuck in the plug into itunes with the usb cable screen no matter how many times i reboot it.

• Kingcc2
    Kingcc2 Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I have a jailbroken 3gs with 3.0 OS & I have notice whenever I go into Cydia at the top of the home page it saids: "This device has a 3.1 ECID SHSH on file." What does this mean? Also I jailbroke mine with purplera1n.

• IslandLife
    IslandLife Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I always have to re-install Ultrasn0w through Cydia after pwng-ing ... Until that's done, and the cell signal comes back, my heart usually stops :)

• Rick
    Rick Posts: 104
    via Wordpress

THANK YOU EVERYBODY FOR HIJACKING MY THREAD....

DOES ANYBODY KNOW THE ANSWER TO MY QUESTION???
    3GS OUT OF THE BOX, PRE LOADED 3.1 ...
    WILL TURBO SIM UNLOCK PHONE FOR T-MOBIL?

• Tankueray
    via Wordpress

First Rule of Jailbreaking/MacHacking - do not upgrade anything until your jailbreak source says you can.
    1. Maybe - I don't know. You'll have to wait for Saurik to announce something regarding Pwnage and the ECIDs he's collected.
    2. No, see #3
    3. No, there is no Windows jailbreak. Even if there were, it would not be the same as before. You need a Mac or a friend with a Mac. Pwnage only runs on Mac.

I apologize for being harsh, I'm actually pretty new to all this as well, I've been stealing other people's work for years to hack my stuff. I've gotten fairly adept at fixing kexts and whatnot for hacked versions of OS X, but am by no means an expert or would pass along my code to anyone for fear it screwing up their stuff. The nature of these communities is that you have to learn enough on your own not to screw yourself. There will not likely be an easy tutorial, this is not mainstream. We do not just click "update" and expect things to magically happen.

• Tankueray
    via Wordpress

Sorry. Replying in your thread was an accident on my part.

No. You're screwed. (I apologize for not being able to use the HTML in this posting.

See the previous post: http://www.iphonehacks.com/2009/10/dev-team-to-release-pwnagetool-to-jailbreak-iphone-os-31-for-iphone-3gs-users-soon.html

Specifically, "The new version of PwnageTool will NOT work for the OOTB (out of the box) iPhone 3GS that had iPhone OS 3.1 already installed."

Read through the threads and the dev-team's page for explanations.

• Sick of assholes
    Sick of assholes Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
  • Jackiie
    Jackiie Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I have a iPhone 3gs with FW 3.1 it also accident.
    I can be able to Emergency call only.
    How should I do.

Pls reply me.

thk fr iphonehacks

• Tankueray
    via Wordpress

Actually, turns out you had a top (normal) level thread, and no one hijacked it. Other people posted as well and became top level. It just turns out no one chose to respond to your question. (I have greasemonkey running and could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm not.)

I tried to answer your question to the best of my (limited) ability. But please don't go about accusing people of things and shouting, that is not the way to act on the internet, especially if you're in a position to ask for help with technology you're not familiar with.

• doc
    doc Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

I take it there will "never" be a windows jailbreak for the 3GS that I upgraded to 3.1? I used pawnage to JB before I hit the upgrade,,grrrrrrr

• ranjanras
    ranjanras Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

i am just frusted no jailbreak fro windows and ....also i cant jailbreak because i update my 3gs to 3.1 with jailbreaking my 3.0

• hardtarget
    hardtarget Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

i have 3gs with firmware 3.0.1 and i m a windows user.is it possible to install 3.1 custom firmware downloaded from the internet for jb and unlocking?
    can anyone post the download link for the 3.1 custom firmware for 3gs please.
    thank you in advance

• Brb
    Brb Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Guess I'm going to have ro go to the apple store and use one of the macbooks on display to jailbreak.....

• ranjanras
    ranjanras Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

that will be fun i should try that tooo......

• Tony
    Tony Posts: 145
    via Wordpress

Works great and no issues, thanks!!!!

• Hanbonjovi
    Hanbonjovi Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hello all,

Just to let you know, my iPhone is the unlocked version so I don't need to worry about the baseband upgrade.

I jailbroke my iPhone 3GS with redsn0w at 3.01.

So can I still jailbreak with Pwnage tool to 3.1?

Can I update to 3.1 on iTunes first since I don't have to worry about the baseband issue and then jailbreak using Pwnage tool?

Please advice.

Thanks!!

• kingfisher
    kingfisher Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Guys,
    I was having 3.0 unlocked on my 3GS. My brother did an upgrade to 3.1 after it released with out my notice when he was copying the files from Itunes.Can I be able to use this procedure?

• ramhen
    ramhen Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Can you see the Carrier logo and signal stregth?

• Brandon
    Brandon Posts: 86
    via Wordpress

I tried that just like you said Jeremy and It didnt work. I was getting the same error as Mike.

• Brandon
    Brandon Posts: 86
    via Wordpress

I had a jailbroken Iphone 3gs with 3.0.1. My phone got updated with 3.1 (like a dumbass) Do you think they will come up any way to jailbreak from here or is there a way to jailbreak from here? Im taking that there isn't, but Just thought I would ask anyways. If anyone knows what to do, please help.

• kingfisher
    kingfisher Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

we both are in same boat

• rolisqo
    rolisqo Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

who the hell wants 3.1 on there iphone the tethering is disable on the 3.1 firmware because i got mms to work on my iphone 3gs on 3.0 firmware

• rolisqo
    rolisqo Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

if i were you guys ill stay at 3.0 or 3.01 because tethering still works and its free people

• Josh
    Josh Posts: 265
    via Wordpress

Im trying to do this now and i am getting an Error 1604 when I try and update. I will let you guys know what I come up with.

Josh

• mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress

I tried that, but now I'm getting error # 1604, when I try to install it. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or not. Please Help.

• Josh
    via Wordpress

Still can't get it to work. I still get the Error 1604 when in recovery mode and just for kicks I tried putting the phone into DFU mode to see if that worked and I get an Error 1600... Grrrr...

Just to clarify, I have a 3GS that I had currently JB on 3.0.1 then decided to update to 3.1. Am i still able to JB using this release of PwnageTool? From reading it sounds like i should be able to because I have JB before. I am on AT&T so i don't need to worry about unlocking.

• Josh
    via Wordpress

im in the same boat.

ust to clarify, I have a 3GS that I had currently JB on 3.0.1 then decided to update to 3.1. Am i still able to JB using this release of PwnageTool? From reading it sounds like i should be able to because I have JB before. I am on AT&T so i don't need to worry about unlocking.