PwnageTool 3.1.3 Released to Jailbreak iPhone OS 3.1; Adds Support for iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 2G

Comments

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

There IS A WAY TO JB A 3G (NOT 'S') via windows, will post a link when I get out of bed, too early at the moment.
    And before any self centred smug assed newbie, numb nuts or technowannabebutisn't yells it can't be done, it can & I have!!
    Try before you cry

alarm off, it's sat, post later

• Tom
    Tom Posts: 314
    via Wordpress

Yes you can jailbreak with Redsn0w then unlock with Ultrasn0w. Be sure to point Redsnow to the 3.0 firmware even though 3.0.1 is stalled on your iPhone.

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

As of now there is no solution to jailbreak your iPhone 3GS if it was not pwned earlier but it is on Dev Team's priority list.

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

It doesn't look like George Hotz (aka Geohot) plans to release Purlera1n for iPhone OS 3.1. It didn't work with iPhone OS 3.0.1 as well.

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Yes as per the Dev team it should work.

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

We'll publish one as soon as possible.

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Yes since you have already jailbroken/pwned your iPhone, you should be able to use your friends Mac to jailbreak it and able to sync with your Windows machine.

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

You can if you have jailbroken/pwned your iPhone before.

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Was it jailbroken earlier? If yes then you should be able to use PnwageTool 3.1.3.

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Yes you should be able to jailbreak.

• ZedSefi
    ZedSefi Posts: 130
    via Wordpress

Mac/3GS guys, can you please share the .ISPW file that you created with us? Everytime this story happens and Windows users start begging for a reserved baseband .IPSW but nobody give attention to us. Please if you able to host the file on Rapidshare or any other file hosting service I will be very thankful to your efforts. My email address is zed.sefi@gmail.com it sucks being a Windows user I know but currently I cannot afford buying a Mac :(

• MO
    MO Posts: 132
    via Wordpress

hi...i have 3gs originally on 3.0.1 and i jailbroke it and unlocked it with ultrasn0w then i had problems and tried to reinstall 3.0.1 fresh but couldnt so i upgrade to 3.1 ...can i still jailbreak and is it possible to unlock as this is more important to me,thanks superman

• jumbo007
    jumbo007 Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

i don't think mike can jailbreak his phone unless he has ecid shsh on saurik server. if he has that on saurik then he can downgrade to 3.0 or 3.0.1 fw then jailbreak it using resnow then he can pwn his phone. updating to 3.1fw withour ecid shsh on saurik server is like 3.1fw out of the box.

• Ray
    Ray Posts: 121
    via Wordpress

I have a question that I haven't seen asked yet. I have an iPhone 3GS with FW 3.0 on it. It has never been updated. Can i use this version of PwnageTool to JB my phone or do I need to JB with older version and then again with this newest version?

• Tcw1969
    Tcw1969 Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

Where is the firmware ipsw bundle that I need?

• ZedSefi
    ZedSefi Posts: 130
    via Wordpress

Hello guys, if there are any Windows users who are still looking for .IPSW file for their iPhone 3GS, I may help by giving you a download link for one certain file (Thanks to Tim who used his Mac to customize this IPSW for my needs). What I can offer is the following:
    - IPSW for iPhone 3GS Firmware 3.1
    - Your iPhone is originally locked to a carrier and currently you have it jailbroken (or Unlocked) on FW 3.0 or 3.0.1
    - Baseband has been reserved so you can unlock it.
    - Not activated, you must have a legit SIM card from your official iPhone carrier to activate it on iTunes.
    - Root disk space is 1000MB
    - No custom logo (default Apple logo only).
    - Cydia & Icy will both be installed.
    - zshare download link (306.50MB)

Email me if you need it, zed.sefi@gmail.com

• Zapatos
    Zapatos Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hello TechnoExperts
    I have a similar problem to Robby Donovan's:
    I have a 3G
    I was previously jailbroken, but stupidly upgraded to 3.1 when Apple released it.
    I want to JB (I don't need to unlock)

Am I out of luck if I just want to jailbreak?

• Steve
    Steve Posts: 326
    via Wordpress

Yes custom firmware works it in inclarified on comments page 2

• MO
    via Wordpress

can we unlock...when they say impossible do they mean "forever" or can we hope from the dev team that they will make it a mission to complete iphone 3gs 3.1

• nick
    nick Posts: 219
    via Wordpress

i tried twice, kept getting error 1604

• DanT
    DanT Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

if you can post that link TimW that would be great....

Been waiting patiently to upg to 3.1 while retaining JB on my 3G

• MO
    via Wordpress

tried what twice on which device on which firmware

• Tcw1969
    Tcw1969 Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

Great, tried to do this, didn't work and had to restore my iPhone. Now it is not jailbroke anymore. What fo I do now?

• steven
    steven Posts: 113
    via Wordpress

Can someone help me to down grade my iPhone 3g back to 3.0.1 from 3.1...It was jailbroken but I had to restore after a problem installing an app from cydia..Now its 3.1

• Xiao G. Wu
    Xiao G. Wu Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Can you please report back after a few days of normal use and speak to the various reports of short battery life, wifi issues, tethering disabled, with the 3.1 upgrade.

I've a 3GS at 3.0.1 JB and want to upgrade to 3.1 but don't want to if there are so many issues. 3.0.1 is working perfectly for me right now.

Thanks.

• nick
    nick Posts: 219
    via Wordpress

tried the pwnagetool 3.13 (on my recently jailbroken 3GS with 3.01), updated by accident to 3.1 and tried this tool...everything went well, created the ipsw file and restored in dfu mode...got stuck while restoring firmware and gives me error code 1604

similar to Mike's problem

• Brandon
    Brandon Posts: 86
    via Wordpress

Why do you need to have your own ECID number on the Saurik Server to downgrade to 3.0 FW? Since apple isn't signing anyones firmware since it is going through Sauriks server. Could I use someone elses 3.0 ECID shsh blob files that are on Sauriks server to downgrade? ECID is just a number right? Maybe we could share that files.

• Deejayyk
    Deejayyk Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

OK SOO..

IM SORRY FOR THE NOOBY QUESTION.. BUT I HAVE MY 3GS JB BUT WITH PURPLERAIN... HOW DO U JB 3.0 WITH PWNAGE I THOUGHT THERE WAS ONLY A PWNGE TOOL FOR THE 3G..

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME .. PLEASEEEEEE

• darren@themacman.f2s.com
    via Wordpress

tried this with my 3GS 32GB v3.0 and kept getting error 1600 when phone was in dfu, after several attempts the phone would not boot normally only in restore mode with itunes logo so after 3 hours of trying i had to do an apple restore to 3.1 so now no unlock :(:(:( done this to my 2 other 3G 16GB iphones with no problem.
    the 3gs is the only one on 02 so not too much of a problem but can this still be jailbroken (NOT UNLOCKED)

• abogdab
    abogdab Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

hello.. Question that no one asked I think. I got my new iphone 3gs and it was 3.0.1 so for a stupid reason when i was sync it with itunes that itunes found a new version for ur iphone box poped out and I clicked yes so I made a mistake and upgraded to 3.1 so i was wondering what i should do to JB thats acctuly all I want i dont want to unlock it cuz i have att. help would be awsome thanks :)