PwnageTool 3.1.3 Released to Jailbreak iPhone OS 3.1; Adds Support for iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 2G

Comments

• donovan_thompson@yahoo.com
    via Wordpress

can anyone please upload a custom ipsw 3.1 file that can be used to maintain the old baseband therefore keeping the jb and unlock? if so thank you very much..

-CarTeL

• nooitgedacht
    nooitgedacht Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

pleace tranclate to engl ....

ik heb iphone 3gs 32gb firmware 3.1 jailbreak iphone draait goed maar ik heb het volgende gedaan.

sluitje iphone aan op je mac vervolgens ga naar itunes klikn op update nu gaat itunes de nieuwe firmware downloaden kopel nu je iphone af.wacht tot de update binnen is ga dan naar thuismap\bibliotheek\itunes\iphone software updates .
    haal nu het firmware bestand eruit en plak je op het buroblad .
    start nu PwnageTool dan selecteer expert modus selecteer je toestel klik op volgende onder rechts op pijl dan krijg je een venster daar staat browse for ipsw klik aan en selecteer je firmware die je op het buro blad hebt gezet .klik weer op volgende pijl links onder in dan kiesn build dan vraagt hij waar hij de nieuwe ispw moet opslaan doet dit in (Thuismap\bibliotheek\itunes\iphone software updates)
    dat is dus de map waar je de orginele ispw uit hebt gehaald .
    koppel nu je iphone af ps. NIET IN DFU MODE ZETTEN.
    sluit nu PwnageTool af.
    ga nu naar itunes sluit je iphone aan en klik vervolgens op herstel
    (NIET OP UPDATE} nu gaat hij de nieuwe firmware incl jailbreak installeren.ps het duurt wel even bij mij + - 15 minuten .
    als je dit allemaal hebt gedaan en het is bij jou ook goed gegaan net zoals bij mij start je telefoon gewoon weer op met jailbreak
    ga vervolgens naar cydia en instaleer ultrasnow heb je dat gedaan dan ben je klaar en is je iphone 3.1 met jailbreak.

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

If you had jailbroken your iPhone while it has iPhone OS 3.0.1 then you will be able to jailbreak it. However, since you accidentally upgraded to iPhone OS 3.1, your baseband has got updated to 05.11.07 which is bundled with iPhone OS 3.1 and it is currently not possible to unlock it.

• nooitgedacht
    nooitgedacht Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

ps mijn iphone 3gs voor de 3.1 firmware was hij 3.0 met jailbreak dus doe dit alleen als je iphone 3.0 firmware met jailbreak hebt .heb je iphone update gedaan met itunes 3.1 orgineel dan kan je je iphone niet jailbreaken op deze manier. en wat de gevolgen zijn als je het wel doet zijn mij niet bekend.

• jim
    jim Posts: 128
    via Wordpress

Have a ultraSnow JB 3.01 3Gs. Did not install 3.1 update - Waited for new JB. Tried Pwnage Tool today. Followed instructions. Created Custom ipsw file. Put phone into restore mode, connected to iTune, selected custom ipsw file, restored. My phone was wiped clean....Not cool. Restored from backup. Still none of my apps, contacts, music, etc on the phone, and would not sync 3rd party apps. Really not cool. Tried again - This time did not put phone in restore mode, just plugged into iTunes, held option key and clicked restore - Again selected the custom ipsw file, restored. Obviously, no apps or content on my phone. Tried doing a sync in iTunes. Said sync failed because disk could not be read from or written to. Trying sync again... ultraSnow was SO much easier. Not a fan of Pwnage.

• ZedSefi
    ZedSefi Posts: 130
    via Wordpress

Just to quickly say something: I am getting hammered of requests to download this IPSW file, which I do not mind sharing with you, but some users have reported an error while trying to restore/activate their iPhone.

Let me remind you again, my IPSW requires activation through iTunes. If you do not know what activation is, then maybe you should not try this IPSW at all, what you will need instead is the 'hacktivated' IPSW.

Please contact me only if you know that this IPSW should work for you. I am not responsible because of your lack of knowledge regarding this matter.

Cheers

• Schmolak
    Schmolak Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Alright, it seems pretty clear that you can't jailbreak if you have 3.1 out of the box.

EVEN IF you have no interest in unlocking your iPhone. Is there an explanation as to why this is?

Do the network features not work if you jailbreak 3.1 out of the box or something?

In the dev team's description of what the baseband does, it doesn't make it sound like it would have anything to do with the possibility of jailbreaking your phone, just the unlocking side of things.

So basically, what's stopping us from jailbreaking 3.1 out of the box?

• Anthony
    Anthony Posts: 66
    via Wordpress

What happens if I jailbroke my iPhone 3gs at firmware 3.0.1 but I used redsnow and I used apple ispw to update to 3.1 will the jailbreak still work

• Robert
    Robert Posts: 146
    via Wordpress

I did this, and the phone works but I get a "Password Incorrect" "enter voicemail password" dialog box all the time. I have a 2g (1st Gen) iPhone with 3.1 hacked using 3.1.3 PwnageTool. Any idea what's wrong? Thanks!

• Miguel
    Miguel Posts: 23
    via Wordpress

Is that text in Dutch the solution to JB the iPhone 3GS with 3.1 firmware????

• jim
    jim Posts: 128
    via Wordpress

Update: Tried the JB a second time - Seems to be jailbroken (I have Cydia and Icy icons), but I can't load any of my 3rd party apps from iTunes. Says unknown error when trying to sync the apps. This blows...

• mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress

Question.... What do you do if you never jailboke your iPhone... but now upgraded to iPhone OS 3.1, your baseband has got updated to 05.11.07 ??? Can you move back to an old version? or just wait?

• wes
    wes Posts: 53
    via Wordpress

so if I understand correctly, I have a 3G JB iphone that was jailbroken with redsnow... so Now I cant jailbreak my iphone with 3.1 firmware? I also have Windows not MAC so does this mean that I have no chance of getting my iphone jailbroken with 3.1 firmware?

• wes
    wes Posts: 53
    via Wordpress

I am also wanting to know the answer to this question...!!!!

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Dev Team will update RedSn0w for Windows users but they haven't given an ETA but the problem with RedSn0w is it won't preserve the baseband so it will be useful for users who don't care about unlocking.

• oneuptick
    oneuptick Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I have a iPhone 3GS came with OS 3.0.1 installed and I have NOT jailbroken it. Can anyone offer some steps or helpful insights on jailbreaking?

• Johan
    Johan Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

I just got an iphone 3gs last week and i have 3.1 can i use this jb???

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 134
    via Wordpress

My phone was jailbroken but i accidently upgrade it to 3.1 i try to use the new pwnagetool to rejailbreak its not working please iphone hackers or dev team please help me or give me the link to it i miss my jailbreak so much

• William
    William Posts: 36
    via Wordpress

Hi
    I am confused. ;-( I am okay with the AT&T service but wanted to upgrade my jailbroken 3GS(3.0.1) to 3.1 with MMS enabled. I cannot find any reference to the lastest AT&T update (the one after Apple's offical 3.1 release) that enable MMS in the United States. Will the new 3.1.3 jailbreak process (using the original 3.1 ispw) includes this MMS functionality?

• Zac
    Zac Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

So. If I had originally jailbroke the 3gs when it had the 3.0 . I can jailbreak It when I have 3.1 installed? I'm on AT&T. And have windows.

• Tom Gun
    Tom Gun Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I second that concern. The only thing keeping me from upgrading are all these reports of battery life issues, etc. that I keep hearing about.

Can someone report back on whether you are having these issues with the 3.1 jailbreak?

• Robby
    Robby Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Me again....

....any response to this, i have read through all posts and i don't see anything???

If there is a chance that i could brick my phone i'd rather just leave it. BUT it has had cydia on it before....

• Wyatt
    Wyatt Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Dev Team,
    Gotta give props first. You are the Jedi of hackers.
    I jb my 3gs with the 3.1 no prob. I still don't have mms. Is this normal or am I missing something?

Wyatt

• MAHENDRA
    MAHENDRA Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

plz help<<WINDOWS > WANT TO JB>IS THIS POSSIBLE?????

• MAHENDRA
    via Wordpress

plz help< WANT TO JB>IS THIS POSSIBLE?????

• MAHENDRA
    via Wordpress

plz help ...new iphone in box 3G 3.1 ,,is it poseble to jb??

• gav
    gav Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

when will be available the jailbreak for the iphone os 3.1 for windows??

• BigDogKnew
    BigDogKnew Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Don't think that's right. Apple won't sign the 3.0 firmware for the restore, so it'll fail

• Andy
    Andy Posts: 1,127
    via Wordpress

Just put in in DFU mode and restore again. it will work mine worked on first try.

• rainex
    rainex Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

i have a OTB iPhone3GS 3.1 factory unlocked. can i jailbreak with this tool?