How to Jailbreak And Unlock Your iPhone With Blackra1n And BlackSn0w on Windows

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageHow to Jailbreak And Unlock Your iPhone With Blackra1n And BlackSn0w on Windows

We had recently written about the release of Geohot's iPhone jailbreaking tool Blackra1n. Here is a short tutorial that you might find useful in using these tools to jailbreak and unlock your iPhone 3G or iPhone 3GS on your Windows PC. Some important points to note before we start: Hacking...

Read the full story here

Comments

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress

wow slight delay in releasing this guide....

• nsfw
    nsfw Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

Dude, is clicking an icon and connecting your phone via usb hard enough that it requires a howto guide?
    More useful guide would be, now i'm jailbroken, what do i do?
    -How to use cydia
    - how to add repos?
    - how do i ssh/scp to my phone?
    - 5 best unix commands to know.
    - whats apt? how do i use dpkg?

• Victor
    Victor Posts: 54
    via Wordpress

lmao true but then again there are a bunch of newbs that don't even know where to connect the usb cord

• Egypt
    Egypt Posts: 115
    via Wordpress

And some noobs dont even know what usb cord is (you'd be suprised)

• BA Norwood
    BA Norwood Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

Ok, so how do I un-jailbreak my 3.1.2 3GS?

• Ng
    Ng Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

All this Geohot **** don't work.

• jae
    jae Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

lol. find a fresh 3.1.2 firmware and dont restore from a backup

or

delete cydia and everything else via blackrain app

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

what is a bsu cord and where does it go??? lol hehe

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

ok but what with the "BlackRa1n only supports a tethered jailbreak. This means that once jailbroken you should not let your battery die. If it does die you will need to reconnect it to the computer and use BlackRa1n to boot it." will there be a work around for this

• BA Norwood
    BA Norwood Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

So in other words, lose all my apps and music and have to manually download later or will I be able to just sync again?

• CAMP
    CAMP Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Yes how can I do that? I need Cydia and all that you said. Please help!

• Don
    Don Posts: 111
    via Wordpress

Does blackrain works on Iphone 2G with 3.12 firmware?

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

There's so many 'noobs' arriving in the uk with their iPhone on Orange (poor saps) and like Egypt says, they don't even know what a USB cable is for.
    I know one lad who burst into tears as he couldn't work out where the sim card went.
    I've only been in this 'community' for a year and I've helped about 80 people jailbreak & unlock.
    I've been offered a job in O2 but told I had to leave my iPhone at home and was NOT allowed to mention jailbreaking to anyone, I'm still unemployed!!!
    My arguement is that O2 don't suffer from jailbreaking (unlocking fair enough)
    all in all, guides like this are a neccessary requirement for 'noobs' You were one once!!!!!

• marc
    marc Posts: 103
    via Wordpress

How can I make my iphone break out of jail? please inform me. i have my bsu cord and my laptop. do I need to get the get out of jail free card from Monopoly? I have it somewhere. please help me....

• Josh
    Josh Posts: 265
    via Wordpress

Great program! Its very easy to jailbreak now as compared to before, guys the "USB" cable is the wire that came attached with your chargers just remove the switch and attach the smaller end to your PC's USB slot then ofcourse the other to your iphone... next steps pls follow the ones mentioned above. Hope this helps cheers to Geohot and to the makers of this site.

• Playafied
    Playafied Posts: 55
    via Wordpress

I think there should be a description of what to do after the blackra1n "app" is installed on the iphone for all the ppl that are jailbreaking their phone for the first time. I mean, if this was my first go-around for jailbreaking(which it ain't lol), I would wanna know what to do after i get the app on my iphone...

But hey, that's just me lol...

• Justin
    Justin Posts: 142
    via Wordpress

Does anyone know how to get internet access without having the Iphone package through AT&t.

• Scott T.
    Scott T. Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

This is my second JB both of which were made by Geohot and both worked flawlessly. I have the 16gb 3GS and just updated from 3.0 to 3.1.2, so far everything works fine as far as JB apps. Go Geo Go!!!

• dxs101
    dxs101 Posts: 52
    via Wordpress

are you like 6...
    it DOES work **** even on the new iphones theres a 1 percent chance that you have a special iphone that don't let you bud.

• Lyas Spiehler
    Lyas Spiehler Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Is Geohot's tool capable of jailbreaking the new phones with the updated iboot? For instance, if I went to an AT&T store tomorrow morning (November 17, 2009) would I be able to jailbreak any 3gs in the store? Thank you for replies!

• dennis
    dennis Posts: 89
    via Wordpress

Geohot is a very talented hacker but I won't use this on my new 3GS due to "BlackRa1n only supports a tethered jailbreak. If it does die you will need to reconnect it to the computer and use BlackRa1n to boot it."
    Might put it on old 2G though.

• Patrick
    Patrick Posts: 124
    via Wordpress

Quick Question
    I Jailbroke My Iphone 3gs It Works Fine And Everything
    But My Problem Is I Want To Do Things Like Play SNES
    So I Downloaded iphone Browser And Idisk
    they let me look at the media stuff but not the ROOT
    when i try to look at the ROOT it says My Phones not Jailbroken
    So Is There Way To Do It
    Or Does It Have To Do With SSH?
    Cause As Far as I No I Havent Turned IT on

• Pierre
    Pierre Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

Hello
    I jailbreaked my iphone but it's taking a lot of time to unlock after I pressed Install snOw. How much time does it take normally?

• Patrick
    Patrick Posts: 124
    via Wordpress

All I can say is that I was at 3.01 and
    everything was perfect. I updated to
    3.1.2 and followed steps to jailbreak
    the phone. I did not use Blacksnow to
    unlock because I'm already with ATT.

Now, the phone randomly gets
    "No service".
    I followed steps to reset settings.
    It still happens...every single day!

• Dave Dischord
    Dave Dischord Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

OK. So if I have an iPhone with the new boot rom (how can i tell?) I can still use blackra1n, however, if I let it die I have to rerun blackra1n with my iPhone tethered, correct? Is rebooting and turning off/on safe, or will i need to tether to get it back up as well?

• Matty
    Matty Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

WiFi.........

Oh... Does anyone know where the USB cord goes? Still cant figure that out. lol

• Playafied
    Playafied Posts: 55
    via Wordpress

In order to use iphone browser or other prograams like it with the blackra1n jailbreak, ya gotta download afc2add off of cydia...

It'll let ya see the phone as jailbreaked once this package is installed from cydia.

• Micah
    Micah Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

I JB and Unlocked my 3G with this program with 3.1.2 but all my Iphone store apps dont work. When i click on one it opens then closes after a split second. My email and map and safari work but no apps. Is there any way i can make the Apple apps work with a JB phone?

• KSA-HACK
    KSA-HACK Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I gain 50 s.r for jailbreak nd unlock iphones here in ksa, people here re dump..thats funny

• aie
    aie Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

my phone has a spyware blockers that stop the apps to continue working.