'Spirit' Jailbreak Can Jailbreak And Unlock iPhone OS 3.1.3

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
image'Spirit' Jailbreak Can Jailbreak And Unlock iPhone OS 3.1.3

It took the iPhone Dev team less than a day to jailbreak iPad. They achieved this milestone by porting the “Spirit” jailbreak to the iPad that runs iPhone OS 3.2. The question that many asked was: Will it jailbreak iPhone and iPod Touch? MuscleNerd has confirmed that this method will...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Bill
    Bill Posts: 153
    via Wordpress
  • woo yeah
    woo yeah Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

good news.

tbh would rather devs said nothing til theyve released a working jailbreak. now i have constantly check to see if its been released.

glad to see some more rivals for lazy geohot.

• ZeppelinLed
    ZeppelinLed Posts: 68
    via Wordpress

Well done Musclenerd, keep up the good work

• 3.1.3gs
    3.1.3gs Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

Agreed, also cant help thinking that all this hype is giving Apple clues as to what they need to do to foil these exploits even before they're released, silly really - the devs should keep hush and just release when THEY think the time is right, without they hype - word wil get around the world in no time, no need for pre warning Apple with hype.

• jack1083
    jack1083 Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

keep the news to yourself untill the new 4.0 update that is coming. so apple wont try to lock it down and wont be able to jailbrake it.just stay quiet

• samsung jack10835
    samsung jack10835 Posts: 26
    via Wordpress

nice we would be able to jailbrake it

• Trapp
    Trapp Posts: 109
    via Wordpress

Oh screw apple release jb die young and leave handsome corpse?

• Komradz
    Komradz Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Trapp i agree wid you

• Drdirty
    Drdirty Posts: 37
    via Wordpress

Big deal. When the jb is released and all iPhone users who want their 3gs jb'd, then we can say good job. Until then nothing is well deserved

it is all speculation until the cat is out of the bag

• Boo
    Boo Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Let's see who's the man who can get that JB and unlocking tool out first.

• luckyeyelash@gmail.com
    via Wordpress

you know, for those of you who think Apple is SO against jailbreaking... think about it a little: wouldn't it be smart for Steve Jobs to have a jailbroken phone? His company pays teams of people millions of dollars to come up with ideas, and yet there is a *free* team of people out in the world who provide him with ideas and inspiration and direction... I would be shocked if he doesn't have a jailbroken iphone himself. It's just smart business. If Apple wanted to prevent iphones from being jailbroken, I am SURE they have enough technical expertise to ensure that it couldn't be done. Look how much extra business they get from having a phone that people can jailbreak and make to their liking? They GAIN from it too.

It doesn't really make so much business sense for them to block jailbreaking. Doesn't really make much sense to me why the Dev Team is so protective of their releases. I mean, I dont' think they or Apple really see it as a battle against one another. They just challenge one another... and both end up with better products.

• L0VE 2 HACk
    L0VE 2 HACk Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

FINALLY SOME GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!
    I CANT WAIT FOR THIS JAILBREAK AND UNLOCK
    PLEASE RELEASE GUYS!!!!!!

• BMW_Stu
    BMW_Stu Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

its about quality control and being able to ensure that all apps that r releases are up to certain standards. it may be pretty restrictive but for a company that has built its name on reliability, it is good qcto not have just anyone releasing their glitchy apps to the iphone cuz at the end of the day if someone sees an iphone running crappy, that reflects on apple, not the software dev. U ever had a treo oe a windows phone? apps are so hit or miss w/ those, no one governs whats out there.

not that im against jb but i do understand why apple is making it difficult.

• System
    System Posts: 446
    via Wordpress

All of this is just stupid. I wish everyone would pull their heads out their asses. I've seen atleast two possible ways to jailbreak 3.1.3. So why can't everyone get together and release one? Who cares if the all mighty dev team wants everyone to wait for their permission. They act like they have a patent on that ****. .If apple fixes it there will always be someone who finds an exploit.

• Jones
    Jones Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

I tired of hearing about all of these great break throughs with nothing being released. Tell me about how great it is when you release it and not before. Talk is cheap.

• Bill
    Bill Posts: 153
    via Wordpress

Here's a good question! What about the older boot rom for the 3GS running 3.1.3?

• DZ
    DZ Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Are you stoopid?? Lazy Geohot??? WTF?? This guy does not owe you ****!!! He does what he does cause he can!!! And then you use what he allows you to use!!! When you come out with a JB/Unlock then by all means you have something to talk about other then that I would stop running your neck! Its people like you, I hope they never release a fix for your phone!! Asshole!

• dwight
    dwight Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

Agreed. Enough with the empty promises, let's see the product.

• WUT!
    WUT! Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
  • GayMan
    GayMan Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Yeah. Enough talk. Let's see some action!

• Trapp
    Trapp Posts: 109
    via Wordpress

*zap* *zap* It's....

S H O W T I M E !!!

GeoHot vs DevTeam

Seriously it's probably good business to release JB 1st because of thousends of awaiting souls, ready to donate the winner?

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

Comex is the real hero here, he wrote 'Spirit' MuscleNerd ported it.
    What the hell, great joint effort guys, appreciated by many :-)

Wonder what Egohot comes up with

• ZeppelinLed
    ZeppelinLed Posts: 68
    via Wordpress

What about it? Mines older bootrom, what's your question?

• TY
    TY Posts: 41
    via Wordpress

I believe you can jailbreak the older bootrom for 3GS using the latest snowbreeze.
    Heres the link:
    http://ih8sn0w.com/index.php/welcome.snow

Also you can tell if you have the old/new bootrom from your serial number. If the fourth and fifth characters in your serial are lower than 40 than you have the old bootrom and can jailbreak.

Its the new bootrom people who are having the most trouble (me included >.<).

Good luck... and cant wait for the release of this upcoming jailbreak!

• kleo
    kleo Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

I agree. I have been waiting for a jailbreak ever since I bought my unlocked 3gs. Every single day they are talking about a future release. Yes we can jailbreak but we are waiting for the new firmware 3.2 , then NO, we are waiting for the 4.0 , then we are waiting for the ipad , and then they are waiting for the new model of ipad. Peopleeeeeeeeeeeee.... after the release of the firmware (most probably tomorrow 08/04) if there is no jailbreak, then there will be no jailbreak.

• TimW
    via Wordpress

Your right in one way, but where do Apple get their ideas from?
    Jailbreak apps are GOING to get disseminated by Apple engineers to find out exactly how that software can be added to a future release.
    Take 'copy & paste' Apples last big thing, KennyTM (I think) had Clippy up & running way before it hit 3.0
    It's all part of the game though, devs release apps / packages that Apple will reject through Cydia, there's no way that Apple would ignore what's going on behind their backs, they want to find out and integrate as much as possible to make JailBreaking less attractive.
    If it wasn't for People lime Comex, MuscleNerd & Saurik etc, we'd be using stock devices too

• alix
    alix Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

yes you definately right enough of talk we want jailbreak and unlock and not the details of a future exploit

• TimW
    via Wordpress

Lazy Geohot??
    Disagree there!!
    Should be 'Lazy Twat Egohot'. :-)

Where was he when iTunes released their latest update??
    Why was it left to Comex to code the patch for Blackra1n??
    Did he actually have his pic taken with a female??
    Did he return home and Google the word Girl??
    Was he left in a dilemma over which to jerk off over??iPad or real live female??

I think of Egohot the same way I think of France, I know it's there, but I don't care

• Craig
    Craig Posts: 178
    via Wordpress

Lol, hey mate I never did recieve that email..

• A Black Dude
    A Black Dude Posts: 167
    via Wordpress

well ur thinking is wrong...will apple scrap a firmware update they have been developing to patch a hole when another will just be found....no....they wont....its not worth the money.