iPhone 3.1.3 Jailbreak Progress Update

Comments

• B
    B Posts: 37
    via Wordpress

hi, i have only owned my iphone for a few weeks bought it cheep, its a 3gs 16gb 3.1.3 5.12 i jailbroke it easy and love it, but i need to change the imei and unlock it,, will the long awaited tools do this for me?
    thanks

• NayLoMo6C
    NayLoMo6C Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Okay... what was the point of this post?

• n0000bbbbbbbbie
    n0000bbbbbbbbie Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Ok I am kinda new to jailbreaking and been reading around. I have an iPhone 3Gs and didn't know the wonders of jailbreaking and updated to 3.1.3 yeah...
    I've tried downgrading with no success because I'm pretty sure apple patched it to make it where you can't...

The only thing I can think of is (backing it up) restoring it (I'm not sure is it changes the firmware, but it should or that wouldn't make any sense) jailbreak whatever version is on there. Back up the SHSH.

Then restore to the back up settings which is 3.1.3 and then do whatever it is with the SHSH you do, lol.

Any holes in this system? (Most likely, lol)

• Ryno
    Ryno Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

To convey his enjoyment of BJ's. Kind of a round about way to state the obvious.

• Joey
    Joey Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

How did u break a 3.1.3 3gs on 5.12??

• ikillaNerd
    ikillaNerd Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

The new OS 4.0 will be impossible to jailbreak. Now why would you. At least Mr. Jobs backed up all his new technology with a real news conference. Geohot and Dev Team are a bunch of woosies. Call your self's the jail breaking leaders and bullshit, but dought your ability to jailbreak any new patches that apple may updated later. A hacker doesn't think that way, he accepts his challenge, and keep breaking those patches. That's why apple doesn't take ya seriously u fools. HAHAHA. Fucking fake NERDS..... When was the last time either one of ya got laid.

• Alexander
    Alexander Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

to ikilla , man oh man i like ur **** style really , but try to think a bit clearer , seeing how you think i m 100% convinced you never donated **** to them , they dont have any obligation for anyone , they do this for themself firstly to proove their skills and for the comunity aswell , i know that even if u act like that u can't fckin wait to jailbreak and unlock that fckin 3GS 3.1.3 like us , you aint making them release it faster by "commanding" them like that , they will feel like they own jailbreaking for us which it aint true. All the respect for all the devs , even though i want that jb asap. Peace

• Alexander
    via Wordpress

and tbh in this moment i want a jb more than a bj . i have 5 locked 3gs which i cant sell.money then bitches.

• Theo
    Theo Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

what did you use to jailbreak this phone

• Miezl
    Miezl Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

I prefer jb because it gives even more functionality then 4.0
    I love SBSettings for instance.
    And don't forget all those free Apps!
    It saves me lots of money ;-)
    The only advantage of 4.0 is battery-consumption I guess....

• B
    B Posts: 37
    via Wordpress

hi,
    i used snOwbreeze, u need to down load 3.1.3 it patches it and then the phones jailbroke.
    then on cydia i tried using a tool to unlock it but it wont work with the baseband version so im waiting like everyone else. but you can jailbrake it.
    heres a link
    http://www.redmondpie.com/sn0wbreeze-3.1.3-v1.5-to-jailbreak-iphone-3.1.3/
    cheers
    b

• Craig
    Craig Posts: 178
    via Wordpress

Ok, i've just got my Jailbreak back and am so happy i want to tell the world, listen up - it may help you..

If you have a 3.1.3 3GS AND you know you have your SHSH's backed up on Cydia,you have changed your host file, downloaded an IPSW 3.1.2 but find you can't get out of recovery, and get the '1015' error -

Just download Quickpwn2.2 - run that baby while in recovery and bingo, you'll have a 3GS restored to 3.1.2, but sadly you won't have an unlock, it'll still be on 5.12, but if you have a factory unlock, or don't mind your original carrier, it's not a prob.

Special shout out to Tim, cheers mate, you've gone beyond the call of duty advising and helping me on this :)

• Steve
    Steve Posts: 326
    via Wordpress

So why is GeoHot waiting.... didn't he say...

"Normally I don't make tools for the general public, and rather wait for the dev team to do it. But guys, whats up with waiting until 3.1? That isn't how the game is played. We release, Apple fixes, we find new holes. It isn't worth waiting because you might have the "last" hole in the iPhone. What last hole...this isn't golf. I'll find a new one next week."

So George... whats up with waiting until 4.0? That isn't how the game is played. You release, Apple fixes, you find new holes. It isn't worth waiting because you might have the "last" hole in the iPhone. What last hole...this isn't golf. You'll find a new one next week.

• nagaraju
    nagaraju Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Same problem borther, i have 3g,3.1.3 and 5.12 updated any chance to release...key..

• Alexander
    via Wordpress

there is no "we" in this,there is only geohot and dev team.

• Steve
    via Wordpress

...it's a quote from George about the Dev Team.. hence HIS use of "we" - meaning the Dev Team and himself... It's not my quote... What I'm saying is he released his jailbreak before the Dev Team for the reasons he gave above...."That isn't how the game is played. We release, Apple fixes, we find new holes. It isn't worth waiting because you might have the "last" hole in the iPhone. What last hole...this isn't golf. I'll find a new one next week." - so why is he waiting now, the excuse is if apple patch it... but wouldn't that be in contradiction of his reason for release last time?

• new_guy101
    new_guy101 Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

look, im no genious but why duke it out with apple? why keep jailbreaking? why not.... research into what bond/communication/code is used to sync iphone/ipod with itunes... and use that to develop an itunes mirror like cydia.... that would completely cut itunes out of the picture and would create a program that would never require firmware jailbreaks again.... just a shot in the dark....

• Alexander
    via Wordpress

i understand now.true that if he can find an exploit in a week why wont he find after 4.0 if they patch that one exploit.

• Steve
    via Wordpress

I have an iphone 3GS in DFU mode or recovery mode that was running 3.1.2, never been updated to 3.1.3. SHSH hasn't been saved. Seems the only way to get the phone to work is to restore with official 3.1.3 which will update the baseband :(
    Is there a way to restore it to any version without the baseband update?
    I've tried getting it to boot the original firmware with no luck.

• sn0dster
    sn0dster Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

jailbreak it... run blackra1n

• new_guy101
    new_guy101 Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

steve and sn0dster....
    i had the same issue and beleive me i tried everything, nothing worked for me....gl but i tried blackra1n but it was stuck in the geo picture for like 3 hours before i tried to hardboot..... i was frustrated and made the mistake of just updating.... goodluck with yours

• leo tan
    leo tan Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

hi can i know how u jailbreak ur iphone thks

• SP
    SP Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

i agree bro..with dineroo

• unknownvillian
    unknownvillian Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Finally a Jailbreak for 3.1.3

newbie Posts: 16
    via Wordpress

Just curious, got a new 3GS with 3.1.3 and new bootrom, what's the difference between JB and Unlock, does it mean that I can jailbreak my phone without having it unlocked(no change in Telco) and install the cracked apps?

thanks

• Gaz
    Gaz Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Everyone has a choice in what products they purchase. Personally, I don't regret buying my iphone (had 3g before and sold it then bought 3gs after the release that could not be JB'd), but I am annoyed it can't currently be JB'd.

However, I cannot complain, it is MY fault, and I'm annoyed that I cant run the apps I'd like right now, but sooner or later I WILL be able to, and I can still run the most important stuff that I need, out of the box with no problems.

I had taken all of this into consideration before making the purchase, as any logical and reasonable person should.

• Newbie2
    Newbie2 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi Newbie

I'm a newbie too and I have an iphone 3GS with 3.1.3 and new bootroom and I am pretty sure Jailbreak is to get free apps and unlock means the phone can be used on any network.

I just need a Jailbreak as I want to fill my new 3GS with lots of apps.

• Craig
    Craig Posts: 178
    via Wordpress

Should have gone with o2 if you're in the UK? If you ARE with them, give them a call, if you're on contract they'll unlock for free (tho there are stipulations)
    If on pay n go, bung £20 credit on your phone and they'll unlock it by taking £15 credit off your balance.
    It's great :) I did it, and am officially unlocked and jailbroken on a 3.1.2 3Gs, and to borrow from McDonalds.. 'i'm lovin it' :)

• gruvsofantaztik
    gruvsofantaztik Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Geez im a beginner at all this...all this info has my head spinning. I have a 8g 3g on AT&T i had it JB through blackrain then i had to reset it and in the reset it forced me to upgrade to 3.1.3 5.12.01...So with that information out there...is there or is there not a jailbreak? And if i am understanding correctly...Since I am on AT&T unlocking it isnt really important correct...

If someone could please help me out id appreciate it. I miss having my phone jailbroken im sick of paying for apps lol

• Imran Gangat
    Imran Gangat Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi B...
    how did you manage to jailbreak 3gs OS 3.1.3?
    Ive failed to do it.
    please send me details on how to do it to gangat1@hotmail.com.

Thanks