Apple Cautions Users Against Jailbreaking iPhone OS

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Cautions Users Against Jailbreaking iPhone OS

Apple seems to have recently published a knowledge base article that strongly cautions users against jailbreaking their iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. In the knowledge base article, Apple warns users that such ‘unauthorized modification of iPhone OS has been a major source of instability, disruption of services, and other issues’....

Read the full story here

Comments

• I SAY
    I SAY Posts: 37
    via Wordpress

KICK a$$.. IM FIRST TO POST!
    jailbreaking kicks major A

• Malik
    Malik Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

thats true about the notifications i get notification on facebook for some other jailbreaker

• daive
    daive Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

In 6 month, i didn't have any troubles. I save a lot of money, something that apple don't want!

• Ray
    Ray Posts: 121
    via Wordpress

while all this maybe true, i'll rather take the chance than to use their monotonous OS.. it becomes boring after a while..jailbreaking rocks!!

• Craig
    Craig Posts: 178
    via Wordpress

If apple gave me the generally minor features I want, then there's a fair chance I wouldn't go down the jailbreak route personally. But they won't, so I feel the need to use a jailbroken iPhone for these reasons and to get the max from my phone for my use and enjoyment.
    Regardless of their warnings I might add.

• Asdf
    Asdf Posts: 37
    via Wordpress

My Phone is truly a smart phone thanks to Jailbreaking. My Phone does tons more than the Brand New 4G can do and more!!!! Yeah, I have a hiccup or two but nothing a quick Google to find the solution can't handle. Thanks GeoHot!

• kleo
    kleo Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

What jailbreak?There is no jailbreak for us who bought a 3gs on 3.1.3.

• LoneWaffle
    LoneWaffle Posts: 17
    via Wordpress

I've jailbroken both of my iPhones (2G and 3GS) many times and have now stopped because I've noticed frequent stability issues, some of which were so bad that the phone would randomly become bricked and require a restore. I'm not the only one either, several of my friends have had the same problems.

• CLOCKWORK
    CLOCKWORK Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

Jailbreak improved quality of my iphone in all regards. My brother's is not jailbroken and he has more problems with his. Plus he spends more money and his iphone is boring. Jailbreak all the way!!!!

• Craig
    via Wordpress

Well there's a jailbreak for me on my 3Gs :)
    I'm rolled back on 3.1.2 from 3.1.3 :)

• James
    James Posts: 258
    via Wordpress

jailbreak ftw

as long as you know what you are doing, your phone will run just fine. It is true that about a year ago some of the jailbroken software was a bit unstable.. but over the last year things have gotten much better and I am very glad I am jail broken, I am the official friend in my circle who jailbreaks everyones phones for them

• tjm
    tjm Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

These are phantom threats with no basis in frequent or provable reality, and yet another attempt by Apple at whining over what people choose to do with the hardware they paid good money for. Get with the program Apple and people won't need to jailbreak. 4.0 still won't be able to replicate "QuickReply" which in and of itself makes not upgrading worth it.

• tommy
    tommy Posts: 28
    via Wordpress

whith out jailbreak and unlock the i phone is trash to me

• LoneWolf
    LoneWolf Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Yeah, right, LoneWaffle. You must work for apple.

• Craig
    via Wordpress

I mean.. pop up blocker, and i-protect - two simple jb apps that apple should integrate by default, they make ppl want to jailbreak by neglecting basic needs of their users.

• AppleJailbreaker
    AppleJailbreaker Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I'm the first to post that I don't give a damn if you're the first to post.

• mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress

When they talk about updated software, do you they mean iphone os 4.o? The only problem I have noted is my battery drained a quarter faster. Even though I had a few problems I will jailbreak every iphone I ever own. Only then is the true potential of the iphone realized.

• Andre
    Andre Posts: 64
    via Wordpress

I have no problems with anything Apple has said, I get all push notifications, good reception (better then my friends where they get at least 10 missed calls a day and the iphone is right next to them).
    The battery on the 3GS drains quickly anyway as another friend has non Jailbroken iPhone 3GS and he's always complaining about the battery.

Apple are talking crap.

• Sommerchan
    Sommerchan Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

I have two words for you Steve Jobs,

**** YOU

• Hmmmm
    Hmmmm Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

hahaha.

my iphone got similar probs when it wasnt jailbroken.
    dont blame jailbreaks steve jobs, its just flaws in your flawed OS.

anyway thanks to steve jobs crummy itunesm i can always restore and fix my iphone. so thanks for that.

id put good money on steve jobs iphone being jailbroken but jailbroken by apple not geohot/devteam

• Jbahamian
    Jbahamian Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I am still waiting on the 3gs 3.1.3 jailbreak .i already JB my 3g i do everything from lockscren and bosspaper .come on guys do the 3gs 3.1.3 jailbreak please.i bought it i do what i want with it .its mine ok

• Tc
    Tc Posts: 29
    via Wordpress

B.S.!

I've had mine Jailbroken now for 1.5 years and not one problem... ohhh wait yes reduced battery life because I use the thing so freaking much!!! I know at least 10 people who have jailbroken their and not had any problems.

What sort of benefits do you get working for Apple?

• Theahbal
    Theahbal Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

Wow I can't imagine having an Un-Jailbroken Iphone because when apple and at&t slowly spoon feed these so called features they need to do their due diligence on in order to assure quality control and performance, our Jailbroken iphones are working fine and I bet if you took a poll everyone and their mother! yes their mother! would rather be jailbroken and take their chances versus an expensive motorola razor by apple! Ok maybe I was harsh with the razor but you get the drift! Ten thumbs up for Jailbreaks! it's called testing! and we all use at our own risk! just show your Lockscreen (lockinfo) to a non jailbroken Iphone user and they will feel like they are being robbed! and if you show them anything else forget it they will feel like jerks!

• Sommerchan
    Sommerchan Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

Did you JB your 3G with 3.1.3 and baseband 05.12.01?
    If so I beg of you to let me know how you did it....... Much obliged

• Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress

I read this article... and the message I understood was that Apple is afraid... very afraid... and they are trying to now make us afraid to resist them.

Major fail again Apple... it's disappointing to hear that your warnings to us on why we shouldn't jailbreak are really nothing more than fear tactics based on generalizations that really probably apply more to your hardware than anything else. You remind me of Big Government, trying to scare the people into trusting that they should trust in it, instead of their own individualism and free choice.

Booooo!

Can't wait for the jailbreak!!!

• Jason
    via Wordpress

HAHAHAH right on!!!

• Jason
    via Wordpress

HAHAHAHAHHA! No DOUBT.

• El Barto
    El Barto Posts: 31
    via Wordpress

I'm the first to post that I don't give a damn if you're the first to post that you don't give a damn if he's the first to post.

• Jet
    Jet Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

Are you related to Apple? Give me a break.

• Crazyfish
    Crazyfish Posts: 36
    via Wordpress

Nice try Apple!! I've been so happy with my jailbroken iPhone. I use backgrounder, inSpell (Spell Checking), SSH daemon, ABSOLUTELY LOVE how SBSettings can force my 3G connection on a weak signal and keeps me off Edge when I'm trying to tether through MyWi and download large files on my laptop in a pinch! Love My3G for watching Youtube videos in higher quality on 3G.

I will say my Visual Voice Mail doesn't work but that's because I was editing property lists through SSH before MMS came to iPhone trying to get MMS working. I succeeded but also screwed up my visual voice mail.

All software available on Cydia, Rock App or Icy are signed. The software for the most part is good stuff! Whatever, Apple!!