Apple Cautions Users Against Jailbreaking iPhone OS

Comments

• Hackbenjam1n
    Hackbenjam1n Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

My 3gs just died of a random hardware issue, other than that it worked great Jailbroke from day one. It was replaced under warranty and I got screwed with a new one that had bad ram and now ANOTHER new one that's on 3.1.3, without it being Jailbroke I use it about half as much and miss calls ALL the time. Without Jailbreak Iphone is a barely call making Ipod.

• yanki
    yanki Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

my iphone 3g has been jb since i bought it almost 2 years ago and ive never had any problems with it.. never had to do restore

• klutch
    klutch Posts: 54
    via Wordpress

Jailbroken 3g and 3gs and unlocked with no problems to report. Honestly AT&T was the biggest issues I had with yh iPhone.

• Tutone
    Tutone Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

It sounds like Apple just got word that the Copyright Office is going to grant the exception....

• G
    G Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

How did you roll back to 3.1.2?

• SV
    SV Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

What are you guys 12?

There are like 2 or 3 new articles a day and you are the first to post on this one.... congrats... no really... this is an accomplishment for you I'm sure. Now that you have peaked and reached the highlight of your life, all that's left is downhill. You might as well go and get a Windows Mobile phone since you have nothing left to live for.

• SV
    SV Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

Because without Steve Jobs, you'd have no iPhone. Seems kind of hypocritical.

• djman10
    djman10 Posts: 94
    via Wordpress

My grandfather smoked a carton a day and lived to be 90. This is proof that smoking cant be bad for you.

Just because your jailbreak didnt cause any problems for you doesnt mean that's the case for everyone. Wish one could jailbreak some people's brains, bec. they sure are under using them.

• iphone slayer
    iphone slayer Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

he probably would have lived for 120 yrs if he dint smoke :) just kidding man

• Jailbroken and Proud
    via Wordpress

True. Jailbreaking is not for the computer illiterate. If u know what ur doing ur phone will be fine. The jailbroken community rocks!

• SV's father
    SV's father Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Im the first to post that you need to take that **** out your ass...i know that's an accomplishment for you im sure. So stop trying to bring down the mood and go continue taking it in the ass =)

• SV's father
    SV's father Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Im the first to post that you need to take that **** out your ass...i know that's an accomplishment for you im sure. So stop trying to bring down the mood and go continue taking it in the ass =)

• p to the izzle
    p to the izzle Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

I've been jailbroken since day one through two different iPhones. Battery life has been fine. When I enabled tethering I left it on all the time. This did seem to mess with location services as used by Runkeeper. Runkeeper could never accurately track me unless I turned off tethering first.
    Jailbreaking is why I bought an iPhone. I wouldn't want to own any piece of technology without the option of using it the way I want.

• Macsimos
    Macsimos Posts: 48
    via Wordpress

The iPhone is a good device, but a jailbroken iPhone is truly the best phone in the market! I don't understand why Apple is against jailbreaking. Jailbreaking unlocks the full potential of the iDevices. They shouldn't be restricting the capabilities of their devices but releasing them to the consumer with full access. Apple should he happy that we take pride in their devices and jailbreak them. That means we are trying to find ways to make their devices better and use them more frequently. There wouldn't be a need for jailbreaks if the phone came out of the box ready-to-use with all the features of a jailbreak. If Apple wants to maximize sales and keep consumers with the iPhone in their hands, they should give up the fight against jailbreaking. When people without iPhones see what a jailbroken iPhone can do, it makes them wish they had an iPhone! Jailbreaking should be left up to the consumer and not Apple without neglect or punishment. If I couldn't have jailbroken iPhone, I probably wouldn't have an iPhone.

• Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress

That's not necessarily true. I'm sure there are plenty of alternate universes where the iphone exists without Steve Jobs... it's not THAT ingenious or original.

• Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress

Jailbreaking does nothing more than allow you to use what you paid for, the way you want to use it.

• Sommerchan
    Sommerchan Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

The Hypocrisy is when ever SJ tells you sv to jump, you say how high? And if he asks you to bend over, you'll ask, shall I bring the Vaseline with me Steive?

• Macsimos
    via Wordpress

Try this out. Visual voicemail can be fixed by going into: settings- general settings- profile, and deleting the file located there (BenM.at). It is highlighted in red so you can't miss it.

• Old Timer
    Old Timer Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

I find it quite ironic that one of the key points that apple makes is about security... How about providing a firewall and protection for the device the only messures in place to protect the phone out of the box from where I am sitting only protect apple, no-one else lol.

Personaly I have been able to find quite a few security issues with my non jailbroken Iphone ( what can I say with a lack of other things to do with it I decided a hardware and application level security audit would be intresting lol).

What I found has far superseeded intresting and personaly speaking I will be adding a firewall to my device asap wether apple supports it or not because failure to do so in this day and age of technology is plain ignorance particularly anyone with a dataplan which lets face it is well over 80% of the smartphone market....

I am overall quite a mild jailbreaker I don't use counterfit sofware, However refuse to bow to limitations put in place just so apple can avoid the more challanging aspects of phone OS design and feel good about themselfs.

Not hard to design a "stable" platform that only has to run on a few handfulls of configurations at most and when you strip away half of the functions which can cause potential issues whilst they get it right lol.

The stock Iphone is far from perfect I have had quite a few bugs and issues with my most recently aquired iphone so whats apple going to blame for that ?

and no I am not running os4 on it yet lol

• 420Dude
    420Dude Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

Dude, just use redsn0w to jailbreak but if you need to unlock you'll have to wait, no unlock for BB 05.12 yet.

• Macsimos
    via Wordpress

A bricked iPhone is better than a standard iPhone. That means you and your iPhone had a great time. A bricked iPhone doesn't stay bricked forever. You have to admit a few issues is worth all the fun from jailbreaking. I personally had more issues with my phone before the jailbreaks. If you and your friends had issues it probably wasn't the jailbreaks fault but user error.

• a1
    a1 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Without JB iphone is useless for me. If you use it just as phone there are many cheaper and better alternatives.
    But with jailbreaking I can do whatever I want with iphone (for example, skype calls on 3G with bluetooth headset!)

• The wiz
    The wiz Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

A little thing called.....mmmmmmmagic.

• Craig
    Craig Posts: 178
    via Wordpress

My Shsh's were backed up

• d brown
    d brown Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

no matter what anyone says i believe that hacking has helped sell the iphone. and has allso help inovate the apps and software

• Nimrod
    Nimrod Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Without jailbreak, I wouldn't own an iphone. I bet I'm not the only one!

• ScrewApple
    ScrewApple Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

i love jailbreak and unlock my iphone...so i can use third party apps that apple doesn't want me to use. unlocking allows me to use sims around the world?

Screw apple! I would never buy an iphone if there is no jailbreak community.

• Craig
    Craig Posts: 178
    via Wordpress

No he's just winding ppl up on 3.1.3

• Kamwi Chaka
    Kamwi Chaka Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Apple then should listen to their customers! One of the major reasons to jailbreak is to unlock the phone in order to use it on any network. As long as apple keeps this principle of locking their phones, jailbreak will always be there. NB: I also heard SJ uses a JailBroken iPhone under the pretense "I want to test the jailbreak to see what areas of the iPhone OS" are vulnerable! Bullshit! Jailbreak rules the iPhone world. And Mr Jobs knows it!