Apple Cautions Users Against Jailbreaking iPhone OS

124»

Comments

• JayeDee369
    JayeDee369 Posts: 30
    via Wordpress

So I'm sitting here, using my internet connection with My-Wi (Jailbroken App) reading warnings from Apple (on an iPhone Hacker Site) about possible problems my iPhone (Jailbroken for a year now) might be having due to jailbreaking. Really?!? I love Apple and all it's products but I must say this - "GO KICK ROCKS TIL YOUR FEET BLEED!!!" Jailbreaking my phone gave me a video camera right after a friend paid $300 for a video camera 3GS. Stopped paying for extra internet service when My-Wi came into the picture and now since you can't stop the hackers, you're appealing to the customers that you screwed?! REALLY??!!! As long as the iPhone exists, there will always be jailbreakers and I will never own a non-jailbroken iPhone...Now I can really say - There's an App for That! LOL

• Kurt
    Kurt Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

I would have to agree. I bet SJ can do a bunch of things with his iphone that the normal non-jb user can't do.

• Annoying
    Annoying Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

These posts are really annoying keep it on topic who likes to go through ten posts of little kids screaming they are first? Why does it matter post something relevant or don't at all...now to not be a hypocrite my jailbroken iPhone runs perfectly and exceeds that of a virgin iPhone!

• a
    a Posts: 76
    via Wordpress

12 ? I guess they must 6 and half or something !

• a
    a Posts: 76
    via Wordpress

Holy ****, when you write a carton, that means 200 cigarettes per day, isn't it? I guess he's in the Guinness book, right ?

• Chris Wade
    Chris Wade Posts: 50
    via Wordpress

Apple, really, come on. Jailbroken phones can be more secure than non jailbroken phones. Oh, and I can enable tethering on my AT&T connection! :-)

• Rob
    Rob Posts: 314
    via Wordpress

Yes LoneWaffle works for apple. Are you guys serious? I don't know exactly what jailbreaking does to the phone, but when you start installing some of the 3rd party apps off Cydia and digging through your phone's file directory, stuff can happen. I'll bet this happened to you.
    Gotta be careful when using SSH.

I've had my 3g the day it came out, and jailbroke it around November of that year. I've messed with everything on it, and even formatted the phone several times...just to rejailbreak it. My phone works for the most part but on occasion apps do crash. Not the phone. I also get a NO SIM INSTALLED message at times, but this is of late.

My biggest annoyance of this phone after everything it has gone through is how SLOW it is. INCREDIBLY laggy.

I believe jailbreaking is fine to do, but this article speaks more of what can happen not when jailbreaking goes wrong, but when the USER goes wrong.

• Rob
    via Wordpress

not if SSH is enabled and default password isn't changed

• Rob
    via Wordpress

hopefully this fixed the bolding of all the comments

• Rob
    via Wordpress
  • TheLip
    TheLip Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Apple is just doing FUD, boy has jobs sold out and become super borg. I think it is time someone else ran the company so it can realize its potential. Oh and for the record apple I bought the phone and will do anything I like with it.

• Mick
    Mick Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

i bought it , i own it so i do as i wish, end of.. long live more functionality, jailbreak rocks....

• Benno
    Benno Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

hey guy i am not really good with computers and im finding it hard to jailbreak my iphone 3gs 3.1.3 any tips would be great....

also i heard someone has jailbroken the os 4.0 beta and i was wondering if i should wait until that comes out so i can get the added features

• catchathief
    catchathief Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I'm trying to determine if my iphone is being tapped and/or running spyware. When logging out of sites with iphone safari I am occasionally routed to a http://mobile.vzwapp.com/?lc=1033&mlc=en-US site which appears to be a verizon app site. In addition when logging out of sites I will sometimes notice some type of vzn address display in the address bar for a split second but never long enough to read. Anyone have any idea how I can confirm if I'm being snooped on?

• a iphone user
    a iphone user Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I tried to do this and broke my iPhone :sad: I now am in the middle of restoring

• big bob
    big bob Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I've had my ipod touch jailbroken since December and I've only had two problems, which were easily fixed:

1. SLOW: install SBSettings from cydia and clear the memory whenever it goes below 20mb or so.

2. LOSS OF DISK SPACE: Rock had a glitch that was such that a single .log file ate all 16 gigs of my itouch in a few minutes. Deleting that log file solved my problem.

Now for the benefits:

1. You can customize it any way you want.
    2. You can "test" any appstore app for free
    3. You can remove annoying notification windows (low battery, location, etc)
    4. You can get gameboy and NES emulators
    5. Lots of other ****

I know this is a bit late but I thought I should mention anyway.

• Ryan
    Ryan Posts: 260
    via Wordpress
    Hey just wanna say great job just jb'd my iphone 3gs and i fucking love it
  • I have never had a issue with jailbreaking if Apple gave us the main features we Jailbreak for then we would not need to
  • king6969
    king6969 Posts: 4
    I think apple can go f#*}^^k it's self we as people own the phone so we can do whatever we like to it , I also think that iPhone are boring stock standard once jailbroken there are endless possibilities , I'll always have a jailbroken phone ....
  • Propain111
    Propain111 Posts: 11
    I have been jailbreaking my iPhone since the first time one was released! I will always jailbreak as long as there is the ability to do so! I only do it for certain modifications. I especially like tethering for free! There will always be minor issues with certain jailbreak softwares but nothing major. Personally I think absinthe is the smoothest jailbreak I have used in awhile! Very little bugs that I have noticed.