New Version Of Spirit Jailbreak For iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch Released

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageNew Version Of Spirit Jailbreak For iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch Released

Comex released the long awaited Spirit jailbreak to jailbreak iPhone OS 3.1.3, iPhone OS 3.1.2 for all iPhones (including iPhone 3GS with updated Boot ROM) and iPod Touches and iPhone OS 3.2 for iPad on Sunday. Many users have been able to successfully jailbreak their iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Hutu
    Hutu Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Cool. Thanks
    How about the unlock

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Spirit jailbreak does not unlock your iPhone and Comex hasn't provided any information on when it will be available.

Updated the post accordingly.

• Edmund
    Edmund Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

May i know whether i can use pkg backup to backup my existing package?

• Steve
    Steve Posts: 326
    via Wordpress

unlock for iphone
    once you have jailbroken your phone with spirit you can then download fuzzyband to down grade your modem firmware
    from cydia once this is done you can use cydia again and search for ultrasn0w to unlock your phone

• jonny
    jonny Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

Steve: how do you do that without the 'carrier sim'? see my problem is i have a brand new iphone 3gs 32g white, locked to a carrier that I DONT HAVE...i have an iphone 3gs jb on ATT but want to use the newer nicer one, when i inster my sim i get the message "sim card not supported, please insert sim that came with iphone"..WTF do i do with that?? I cant even get past the screen with the cord and the itunes connection.
    HELP ME SOMEONE...

• chakubi@yahoo.com
    via Wordpress

yes pkg backup works. just remember to first update the installed packages then sync and back up ur phone in itunes run spirit and the after restore settings. reinstall pkg backup and restore cydia apps

• Steve
    via Wordpress

Mate can you borrow a sim of a mate or get a pre paid one so you can unbrick the phone if so once this is done you could just use wifi to download from cydia

• Johnny
    Johnny Posts: 93
    via Wordpress

I could if I lived in Japan appparently because this iphone was used with a Softbank sim card. ANY ideas would be SO appreciated:)

• Steve
    via Wordpress

oh ****
    not sure of a way around that then im sorry

• shannonmason@live.com
    via Wordpress

"Spirit" is the ****,very easy to use and so far works perfectly. Thank You!!Thank You!!Thank You!!
    Thank You!!Thank You!!Thank You!!Thank You!!

• Edmund
    Edmund Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

Awesome !
    JB works
    Pkg Backup works

Thumb Up !

• ybt
    ybt Posts: 102
    via Wordpress

Is there any point to jailbreakng the iPad yet?

Posted from my iPad

• jays-on
    jays-on Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

Just read on fuzzyband in cydia that it will only downgrade your 5.12.01 baseband if your bootloader is 05.08, which is only for 3g. fuzzyband cannot downgrade 3gs since it's bootloader is 6.04. Any suggestions as I just purchased a 3gs on 3.1.3?

• dinger
    dinger Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

will it stay locked even if it's been jb and unlocked with blackrain on 3.1.2?

• psk
    psk Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I just JB my 3Gs iphone but I dont know what to do next? I just see cydia and I dont know what kind of apps should be download for my JB iphone

Anyway thank and many thanks to Spirit and Iphone hack

• A Black Dude
    A Black Dude Posts: 167
    via Wordpress

I've ben having a problem cydia lagging for long periods of time since using the original version...i might try this version out and see if that fixes it.

• James
    James Posts: 258
    via Wordpress

I have a question. I figured this is as good as any place to ask.

I have an iphone 3G. It was jailbroken and unlocked on 3.1.2 OS. Last week I was tethering while on a road trip. After a few hours my iphone completely crashed and began flashing the white apple logo and rebooting over and over again. I suspect apple used a killswitch to erase the data on my phone or try to brick it entirely. I am not sure to be honest. After hours of messing around I finally was able to restore the phone thank god. However I lost all my data and the phone is now on 3.1.3. I was not able to restore to the backups I had been doing on itunes before my phone crashed. I assume it was because itunes recognized that my backup files were of a jailbroken phone. Therefore i was forced to update to 3.1.3. I wouldn't have been so fast to do this if it wasnt that I was traveling and in desperate need of my iphone.

after all the information I have given you so far..

is it possible for me to somehow restore my regular 3.1.3 iphone 3G back to its jailbroken/unlocked(os 3.1.2) state with all my original data by using my itunes backup file from before the crash?

i had apps, pictures, audio recordings etc that I really would love to get back.

thanks for taking the time to read this

• nahid
    nahid Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Hello everyone,
    I was using iphone 3gs 16 gb with 3.1.2 os, when it crashed on february 2010, I had no way except update it to 3.1.3 which update the bootrom to 5.12. I am waitting for a long time for the jailbreak. Though spirit comes in this week, I am not able to jailbreak or unlock it as I can't activate the phone, because, I don't have the valid sim and I don't know other alternative way to activate and jailbreak or unlock the iphone. Do you have any idea for me? How can I jailbreak or unlock my iphone?

• Maximos
    Maximos Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

less than 20 second JB, guys you are the best may god bless you, I am donating as soon as I finish this message, and by the way never had problem with the intial release, GOD BLESS YOU.

• borat
    borat Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

Hahaha, 1 touch jailbreak. It was a breeze, and it deliver the promise of easy jailbreaking.
    But yes, i lost some pictures, nothing important. I was just wondering where the hell are those nudes :). Upon restoring from the backup, all is well.
    Now I can have the swap camera roll to 'hide' my 'other' photo collections. YESSSS!!!
    Thanks for the Spirit!

• Kevin
    Kevin Posts: 154
    via Wordpress

Let me get this straight, there are ways to jailbreak iphong 3GS 3.1.3 but no way of unlocking it with any programs currently? I've managed to jailbreak my Iphone 3GS 3.1.3 using Spirit and sn0wbreeze but can't seem to unlock it. I can't even load the custom firmware due to an error 1604. So now I'm back to square one, restored it back to the factory 3.1.3 and going to jailbreak it and just wait for someone to reply with some help

Thanks guys

• WRXDubs
    WRXDubs Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Jailbreak worked kinda....I can't install any of the apps i got from a friend, who's phone is JB'd and works fine. I can download themes and such, but not apps from my iTunes. I get an error 0xE8000001. My computer is brand new running window 7. The error is NOT the same as having to run in compatibility mode

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

When you restore your iPhone, you should get an option to setup as a new iPhone or restore from backup even if you had jailbroken it. We haven't come across any scenario when it hasn't been possible to restore from a backup. If you haven't used packages such as AptBackup or Pkg Backup then the only thing you would lose is the jailbroken apps and the relevant data for those apps.

• Blue
    Blue Posts: 32
    via Wordpress

Very impressive... One click, so very quick and easy!

Both iPhone 3G (3.1.3) and Ipad success.

Thanks a ton to comex for the fine work!!

• JT
    JT Posts: 60
    via Wordpress

http://cydia.xsellize.com repository, get **** and install it. Then it will work.

• James
    James Posts: 258
    via Wordpress

When i attempted to restore from the backup i received an error message. I tried several attempts. I even thought of using the iReb software but it is for PC only. I assumed that apple was preventing me from restoring from my backup because of the error messages. Therefore, I thought my only other choice was to restore to factory settings (forced to upgrade to 3.1.3). I knew this was a bad move but I had no choice, I needed my phone while traveling. Now I am thinking that if I jailbreak the phone on 3.1.3, i can somehow downgrade it back to 3.1.2 and then use the iReb on a PC to restore to my backup (from 3.1.2) that way. Any other advice would be much appreciated. The entire process seems very risky. The phone is already acting much more weird ever since the crash

• weedo
    weedo Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

but why its not solve the connect to itunes or emergency call whhhhhhhhhy???????? coz i have these problem come on these jailbreak is really not useful beside u cant unlock... sooo come onnn

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

Easier way is use Rock. Create an account, save packages to server (auto after 1st time clicking Yes) go to settings, scroll to package list, click a st that you know works & enter your name and click 'Lock'
    A far far quicker alternative, now seeks out Cydia licences too :)
    Restored my JB & apps in under 5 mins (7800 files)

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

In UK, O2 will unlock a contract iPhone for free or £15 for payasyougo.
    Be aware that you'll lose your free web n wifi on p&go

• goku316
    goku316 Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

i have a problem to my iphone 3gs ver 3.1.3 when i jailbreak my iphone of spirit jailbreak the batery lowbat popup instead of "Low Battery 20% of batery remaining dismiss" this is a normal warning..and now when i jailbreak this is a warning "Low Battery 23456760% of batery remaining dismiss" huge number..i thinks this is not a normal..please help me...