New Version Of Spirit Jailbreak For iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch Released

Comments

• GTR
    GTR Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

I just screwed up my iPhone. I have a 3Gs unlocked and jailbroken 3Gs (unthethered) and by mistake I jailbroke it again with this program. It rebooted and now it's stuck on the apple logo (no spinning wheel). Any idea as what to do? I wanted to jail break my Friend's iPhone and I didn't realize that my phone was plugged in. Shitttttt. Plz help

• Dan
    Dan Posts: 348
    via Wordpress

hello johnny i have the same problem as you .. since the spirit jailbreak doesn't unlock your phone ur now stuck on emergency call yes?
    well the best solution for now is to wait for the unlock .. i downgraded my iphone to 3.1.2 ans used blackra1n .. the phone works but the carrier thing won't be unlocked .. it's an expensive ipod touch for now :P

• cecii299@gmail.com
    via Wordpress

When can we unlock the Spirit JB iphone 3.1.3?

• WRXDubs
    WRXDubs Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

The webpage doesn't work

• Vladimir Atanasov
    via Wordpress

Hi, I have iPhone 3GS 16GB with 3.1.3 version (7E18) model beginning with MC*** and modem firmware 05.12.01 . I was wondering whether there is any point to JB it with the SpiritJB because I need to unlock my carrier. At the moment the phone is working great and I have my T-Mobile card (Netherlands) with which it is locked. However, I want to use the phone with Bulgarian sim card when I go for few months there. Is there any possible way to unlock the iPhone. It is activated and working, I have the sim card to which it is locked (I am using it when I in the Netherlands). Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for the answers.

• Samyazel
    Samyazel Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hey thanks this worked flawless.I had a problem with 3.12 it finally crashed my phone and i was unable to get back up for awhile but I did and just had to wait for the new JB Spirit.Again thanks for all the hard work
    and yea it was an easy Jailbreak works great.

• WRXDubs
    WRXDubs Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

http://cydia.xsellize.com didn't have anything, but cydia.hackulo.us did...use that one

• Mas_ed
    Mas_ed Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Read what it says above NO UNLOCK!!!!!

• Ashepe
    Ashepe Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi mate i have the same problem, but i Think we Can expect a solution within a couple of months. Either geohot with blackra1n or somthin from the dev Team. :) but right now, there is NO unlock for iPhone 3gs 3.1.3.

Ashepe

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

Can only be returned to 3.1.2 IF you have your SHSH on file with Cydia or Firmware Umbrella (not used Umbrella so won't comment on that)
    Egohot is reportedly developing xxxxRa1n, but when (IF) that's going to be released is up to him
    At the moment, Saurik's server may be disabled due to the "insane" amount of traffic to Cydia's TSS server, so you may as well wait a bit longer

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

Old saying of: If it's not broken, why fix it? Comes to mind :-)
    Stick with your phone 'as is'
    No unlock with Spirit at the mo

• Craig
    Craig Posts: 178
    via Wordpress

That's right Tim, the beauty of it is it's also permanent, was £15 well spent in my case :)

• EP
    EP Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Hi, I'm having problems using IphoneBrowser after jailbraking my 3GS 3.1.3. Any idea why Iphonebrowser is telling me your iphone is not jailbreak and has no access to the system folders when actually is has been jailbrake?

• Skaar
    Skaar Posts: 21
    via Wordpress

To GTR, I had the same problem and it sucks. The thing is, if you use spirit on an already jailbroken iphone, it will brick it. I used it to jailbreak my ipod touch 3G on the bus from Philly to Dc. When it was done, i pulled the usb from the ipod touch and decided to plug my blackra1n jailbroken iphone 3GS into the usb to charge it.

Next thing i see spirit started running automatically because i had not cancelled it after i used it on my ipod touch. "Never had that experience with Blackra1n" iphone went into loops with just apple logo showing on screen. After trying everything possible, i finally put it in recovery mode and restored but luckily i have my shsh from 3.1 to 3.1.3 on the cydia server so it was easy to go back to 3.1.2 with my baseband intact.

• Josh
    Josh Posts: 265
    via Wordpress

Connect the phone to the computer open iTunes and press & hold both the home button and the power button at the same time till you see the usb lead on your phone screen and iTunes should detect it and you then restore as new on 3.1.3 then Jail Brake using Spirit . You may need to try holding the buttons a few times before it works if no luck let the battery go flat then plug in to the computer and itunes will probably detect it then.

• Josh
    via Wordpress

Yes try downloading afc2add from Cydia install then try it.

• Vreto333
    Vreto333 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I'm wondering if anyone will let us now when way will come out to unlock the iPhone 3gs 3.1.3.
    I'm desperet for it.

• Monkhouse
    Monkhouse Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

U need to put your phone into restore mode and reset it to factory settings, then jailbreak it from there. This jailbreak, jailbreaks the new baseband.

• sunk
    sunk Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I jailbroke and lost my photos in camera roll.Photos of my kids that are irreplacable NO PROBLEM ! i thought, ive got a backup!!...wrong
    The last backup was from tonight when i synced my phone. iTunes had over written the original...any ideas?

• jwill
    jwill Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

i have a 3gs 3.1.2 jb iphone with black rain is it worth using this spirit jb instead

• Suksant
    Suksant Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

Really? I have a contract with O2 since last July (3GS), will they unlock my iPhone if I go to them now? I just want to use local SIM card whenever I travel...

• asif
    asif Posts: 22
    via Wordpress

i still got that error plz some one help me and solve that error

INFO: Now listening for devices...

INFO: read igor/map.plist

INFO: Connected to the AppleMobileDevice.

INFO: Version iPhone2,1_3.1.3

INFO: Connecting to mobilebackup...

INFO: Sending files via AFC.

FATAL(__LINE__): Assertion failed (dl.c:197): 0 == (AMDeviceStartService(dev, service, &it, NULL)) (but it was -402653091)

• me
    me Posts: 220
    via Wordpress

unlok will be great!

• Josh
    via Wordpress

Make sure to have an activated SIM card installed.

• Zabuza15Momochi
    Zabuza15Momochi Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi, I a JB iPhone 3G on version 3.1.2 OS and the modem firmware is 05.11.07. If i was to use this to get to 3.1.3 JB would i be able to use fuzzyband from cydia to downgrade my modem firmware, because it gets updated during the upgrade, and then use ultrasn0w to re-unlock it? Thanks.

• FLOYD McIVER
    FLOYD McIVER Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Shannon; how can I get Spirit? I am not good at doing this but i have a Apple 3GS 32G 3.1.3. Can you help me please? my e-mal:

• Cyber
    Cyber Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I hope some one will answer this....I have 3GS 32GB jailbroken (with blackra1n) and unlocked with snow... The problem is jailbreak is tethered....So what i wana ask is can i jailbreak my current 3gs with Spirit without restoring my iphone..... and if i do jailbreak will i be able to unlock (currently its unlocked) ..... Also my iphone current firmware is 3.12 so if i wana jailbreak it can i upgrade it and after that do a jail break with spirit(i mean without restoring it)

• asif
    asif Posts: 22
    via Wordpress

dude i like in pakistan and i dont have any activate sim so what i do plz help me

• rohan
    rohan Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

spirit jailbreak require an active phone wth workin condition i have an iphone 3gs 3.1.2 which is jailbroken by blackrain can i use spirit on it for untethered jailbreak i cant upgrade to 3.1.3 as it does not unlock it so should i try it reply

• James
    James Posts: 258
    via Wordpress

thanks for your help, I was able to point my old backup at the phone after restoring to factory settings, actaully worked this time.

re-jailbroke with spirit

worked great

thanks