iOS 4 For iPhone And iPod Touch: Over 100 New Features Including Multitasking, Folders, Better Mail

Comments

• IP4TW
    IP4TW Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Hello iPhone hacks community. I was just checking my order for the iphone 4 and low and behold I get an email from apple telling me that instead of having the original delivery date of June 24th, I will receive my package on June 23rd instead. It also says that this information won't reflect on FedEX's tracking until the day of the 23rd. Not sure if anyone else is getting this message, thought I would remind people to check on their shipment status.

• Jcm800
    Jcm800 Posts: 175
    via Wordpress

Oh dear, Apple lost points there, perfect opportunity to improve missed. Those standard text alerts are shiiiitt!

• naveed
    naveed Posts: 68
    via Wordpress

Ofcourse... After updating to iOS4, u will loose ur JB, wait for JB to be release before Upgrading to iOS4. Better to take backup of youtube videos manually with iphonexplorer.

• Justin
    Justin Posts: 142
    via Wordpress

I got the same e-mail for both of my pre-orders. I should receive them Wednesday! I'm even more excited now!

• katsuboi
    katsuboi Posts: 99
    via Wordpress

I just upgraded my iphone 3g non-mc model to iOS4. I downloaded the custom IPSW earlier today, and just finished jailbreaking it about 5 minutes ago. Once again, I am amazed at how quickly the tools to jailbreak our phones are available from all over the place. I frequent iPhonehacks a lot, and appreciate all they do, but people need to realize there are other sources out there also that can help you get jailbroke or unlocked.

However, you do run greater risk of problems when you jump the gun. I couldn't resist, I really wanted the new iOS4 features. I'm just glad I was able to jailbreak it in the same day.

• Don
    Don Posts: 111
    via Wordpress

I've tried to zoom it to max & picture quality not very good.

• 3gsUser
    3gsUser Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

I have a 3GS, updated to iOS4, and now i cannot connect to internet, wifi is OK, but cellular data is not working, I've disabled and re enabled the cellular data option in Network settings, still no luck, any ideas.

• mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress

Where did you found it O_O? Please, give me some hint!

• Skaar
    Skaar Posts: 21
    via Wordpress

If you have a AT&T sim, it doesn't matter if its active or not, use it when doing the restore, your phone will not be activated but you will have the home screen then try using the Redsn0w beta with iOS 4 beta to jailbreak and ultrasn0w to unlock and you will be fine. I tried it and it worked. Others have reported it working for them too.

• SKYWAY211
    SKYWAY211 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

iPhone 4's are ariving early. I received my confirmation email from apple and fed ex. The phone will be arriving tomorrow.

woohooo

• Skaar
    via Wordpress

Are you on an official carrier? I had the same problem but what i realized was that, when you go under Cellular Data Network, you will see it has Cellular Date, MMS and Internet Tethering, make sure you fill out all 3 APN's and it will work. That is what did it for me and i'm on T-mobile USA.

• Skaar
    via Wordpress

I have been having that problem since Itunes 9.1.1 and had the same with 9.2.

Solution that worked. Uninstall itunes and install anything lower than itunes 9.1.1, restore will work but itunes won't recognize it when you are down so you will have to install itunes 9.2 after restore.

PS: In order to get your itunes library the way it was before, just move it from its current location and save it somewhere else on you computer before you delete it, then move it back when you do the restore and update Itunes again to 9.2. I hope it works for you

• Fabio Silva
    Fabio Silva Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

You will have to input the APN data for your carrier again once you upgrade. I had the same problem and solved it like that: (Settings->General->Network->Cellular Data Network) The same applies for MMS (that's why you are not getting the little "camera" icon).
    Hope this helps.

• Ran$om
    Ran$om Posts: 29
    via Wordpress

Waiting on that "Early" email lol

• Dre
    Dre Posts: 22
    via Wordpress

i have a 3gs on iOS 4 GM should i update to the regular iOS 4 any difference?

• angel
    angel Posts: 81
    via Wordpress

I jailbroke my 3G runnin iOS4 so i can have the wallpaper and multitasking but my battery life has completely diminished..! did i poorly jailbreak it or something? i did it with the gold master ipsw HELP!

• Dre
    Dre Posts: 22
    via Wordpress

Settings > General >Reset > Reset Network Settings

worked for me

• Jcm800
    via Wordpress

When Ive had mms issues in the past I've gone to my network settings and made sure they are complete. Check out what your carrier settings should be via a google or a call to your network, and I bet youre missing some lines of info in your network settings. I may be wrong but it's been the case for me after reinstalling firmwares before. I just type in the info and reboot and the mms reappears :)

• Jcm800
    via Wordpress

How come? I don't mind waiting but I'd have thought they'd have nailed a jb for it? Maybe they're waiting for the iPhone 4 release?

• A Black Dude
    A Black Dude Posts: 167
    via Wordpress

If you dont see the toggle like its shown here: http://www.iphonehacks.com/images/10-Apr/iphone-os-40-2.jpg then there is probably a problem with the carrier/network settings

• Spitfire
    Spitfire Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

If you'd paid attn lately you'd have noticed 3G users font get those features

• Asa
    Asa Posts: 54
    via Wordpress

idk if anyone knows this, but you can remove tasks in the task manager bar by press/hold on the application and then click the red "do not enter" badge.

I didn't see this anywhere and I just figured it out, so I figured I would share.

• DLock
    DLock Posts: 29
    via Wordpress

Fix for jailbroken 3g freezing up on intall iso 4.0, if you have wifi-sync installed on ur pc uninstall it and it should work after that, mine did....

• DLock
    DLock Posts: 29
    via Wordpress

what i meant was when the status bar freezes up on backing up or installing.

• Asa
    Asa Posts: 54
    via Wordpress

My backup took for ever. So I right clicked on my iphone and then clicked back up. This was quick. Then I click on restore NOT the update button and selected the ios4 ipsw and it upgraded quickly.

• Snooze
    Snooze Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

How to activate Spell Check in iOS 4.0(link below):

Typically, Apple don't like to make anything too easy!

http://iphonehelp.in/2010/06/23/how-to-add-words-to-iphone-ios4-dictionary/

• Shad
    Shad Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

i dont have at&t sim man.....thats y yhis thought keeps bugging me if i upgrade i will be stuck to emergency screen..as we dont have at&t sims available in india.........wat to do guys?

• kyle
    kyle Posts: 67
    via Wordpress

I'm right there with you on that one.

• iPhone Genius
    iPhone Genius Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Make sure MMS Messaging is selecting to on under settings - messages.

• iPhone Genius
    iPhone Genius Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Make sure MMS Messaging is selected to on under settings - messages