How To Jailbreak iOS 4 Using PwnageTool For iPhone 3GS Users

Comments

• Paulo
    Paulo Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

I lost my mms after I unlock my JB 3gs 3.1.3 !! Any ideas why ?

• Ranjoe
    Ranjoe Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

3G now is irrelevant with IOS 4 as it gets more and more slower, hope the devs just give it up with 3G and concentrate on 3GS with old and new bootroms as well.

• Anshul
    Anshul Posts: 88
    via Wordpress

So is there any idea when does dev team will release jb tool for 3gs users using ios 4 (with new bootrom) ????? does it will take 4 months or so again ????

• Keebs357
    Keebs357 Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

First create Custom IPSW with snowbreeze on 0s4,For 3GS with old bootrom 6.4, MC135ll, 4.0 os, If you did the cydia save with shsh. Downgrade to 3.12- jailbreak with blackra1n, go through the activation with itunes 9.2. then hit shift And restore and look for custom 4.0 os snowbreeze IPSW. Forget about if you used spirit. Your phone will jailbreak with no 1600 Error.
    I did mine like that and then added Ultrasn0w. Keebs357

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress

error 1600, iphone bricked for now :(
    using 3GS, on 3.1.2, jailbroken with blackra1n. tried both expert mode and normal.

• chuck
    chuck Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

I have a 3GS with 3.1.3 and the 5.12.01. The phone is new out of the box and has not been jailbreaked yet. So what's the best way to jailbreak my phone and then use the new pwnage 4.01 tool? What's the first step since the the documentation states the pwnange 4.01 will not work unless your phone is already jailbroken?

• MO
    MO Posts: 132
    via Wordpress

SPIRIT USERS!!! Your not out of luck. I found a guide for spirit users on 3.1.3 to get a custom firmware to work on 3gs. Make sure you have an old bootrom 3gs first before following this guide.

http://iblog.pk/post/2010/06/27/IOS-4-jaibreak-for-Spirit-users-with-old-bootroom.aspx

• Juliane
    Juliane Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

when trying to restore its not working and it is giving me an error code... 1604?
    what should I do??

• Dre
    Dre Posts: 22
    via Wordpress

If it's bricked u can update iTunes and full restore but no jailbreak sorry but will be unbricked

• robbie_xtreme
    robbie_xtreme Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi guys!I've got the same problem with error code 1604.I own a 3GS 3.1.2 jailbroken with Blakra1n.Got any Ideas?Thanx guys!!!!

• Bernie
    Bernie Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

Problem: Cydia wont start.
    iphone 3GS with old bootrom.
    Jailbreak from 3.1.2 to 4.0 using Pwnage 4.0 and I also tried 4.01.(used Pwnage also before for JB).
    No error messages during build or install.
    What´s wrong?
    Help?????Help?????Help?????Help?????Help?????Help?????

• Tarek
    Tarek Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

Andy, I have a problem. I updated to iOS 4 from my 3GS old bootram using the Pwnage tool etc.... Everything worked out great. But I used AptBackup to get all my aps back from version 3.1.2 and BAMMM!!!! My phone rebooted into "Safe Mode" I tried to restore from backup on Itunes but no LUCK. I have no option but to Re-Jailbreak doing the steps over again. Please tell me if this is safe to do? I'm still on the old bootram of 359.3 IF Andy or anyone else can tell me if its safe to re-jailbreak using the above steps with Pwnage Tools and the ipsw firmware file is safe or not to remedy my problem of being stuck in "Safe Mode". I even deleted apps such as winterboard,backgrounder,sbsettings, but still no luck. Please HElp!!! Thanks in advance

• MO
    MO Posts: 132
    via Wordpress

do a regualar restore through itunes and select the custom firmware. dont go into recovery or dfu mode.

• Amit
    Amit Posts: 40
    via Wordpress

hey im using an iphone 3G[s] old bootthing its running on OS4 but im unable to custom restore with pwnage tool and snowbreeze because itunes gives me error 1604. i rely on the jailbreak so please help me!

• Jeff
    Jeff Posts: 126
    via Wordpress

ur so fucked unless anyone has any sugestions

• Amit
    Amit Posts: 40
    via Wordpress

hey alex i had 3gs on 3.1.2 and blackra1n rc3 jailbroke it, i had to restore to os4 because my phone didnt work now i nedd the jailbreak and i tried to restore with custom firmware and i keep getttin error 1600/1604

any suggestion

used mac,win7,2 version of vista

• ksimply
    ksimply Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

hi i m using pwnage for 3g i updated by mistake running ios4 during make custom firmware its false wht should i do for it..how to jail break 3g running ios4 plz guide step by step..
    Thanks for Iphonehacks

• Tarek
    via Wordpress

Andy, I have a problem. I updated to iOS 4 from my 3GS old bootram using the Pwnage tool etc.... Everything worked out great. But I used AptBackup to get all my aps back from version 3.1.2 and BAMMM!!!! My phone rebooted into "Safe Mode" I tried to restore from backup on Itunes but no LUCK. I have no option but to Re-Jailbreak doing the steps over again. Please tell me if this is safe to do? I'm still on the old bootram of 359.3 IF Andy or anyone else can tell me if its safe to re-jailbreak using the above steps with Pwnage Tools and the ipsw firmware file is safe or not to remedy my problem of being stuck in "Safe Mode". I even deleted apps such as winterboard,backgrounder,sbsettings, but still no luck. Please HElp!!! Thanks in advance

• mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress

My phone was jailbroken prior to me updating to 4.0. It does have the old boot rom. I have tried the instructions here, but get a 1604 error.

Any information would be appreciated.

• Tammy
    Tammy Posts: 16
    via Wordpress

did you remember to turn on your wifi? or data plan, test it out uing safari to make sure you can connect to the internet, the same happened to me when i jailbreaked it, when i turned on cydia it just didn't show anything and what i did was go back and set up the wifi and use internet via safari and when i knew that i could connect to the internet and i went back to cydia and turn it on again and it worked perfectly...good luck

• Tammy
    via Wordpress

i heard that i doesn't work if you had it jailbreak with blackra1n.....i've seen people ask the same question that you're asking...so i don't think pwnagetool support the iphone that has been jailbreaking it with blackra1n

• n00b
    n00b Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

I followed all your instructions and os 4 is downloaded onto my iphone but now my carrier (tmobile) won't show up on the phone.. right now it's working like an itouch.. what do i do?!

• Tarek
    via Wordpress

Go to Cydia and download "UltraSnow" piece of cake!

• n00b
    n00b Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

nevermin! I figured it out.. I had to download ultras0w to get tmobile to work! thanks guys!

• Danny
    Danny Posts: 91
    via Wordpress

Just wondering in Step 9 there is the option to update baseband. Does it also update modem firmware? Not sure whether is it good to update the modem firmware( current verison is 04.26.08 )

• Ryan
    Ryan Posts: 260
    via Wordpress

hi i was wondering have u sorted this as im having the same proberlm :-(

• Tammy
    via Wordpress

no, keep the baseband as low as possible....

• Hugo
    Hugo Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

PLEASE HELP. IPHONE 3GS 4.0... NEED TO UNLOCK ...

• Braveheart
    Braveheart Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Hi,

stupid question, but I do have an iphone which I would like to jb to iOS 4 which requires itunes 9.2. I also have an Ipad with the spirit jb, which does not work with itunes 9.2. GRRRRRR

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

• Andy
    Andy Posts: 1,127
    via Wordpress

You can go ahead and update iTunes to 9.2 as there is no problem if your iPad was jailbroken using Spirit.

When iTunes 9.2 was released, we had warned users who wanted to jailbreak their iPhone, iPad with Spirit. You don't have any issue as your iPad is already jailbroken and we hear the issue Spirit had with iTunes 9.2 is also resolved (though we are not sure if the fix was officially released by Comex the developer of the Spirit JB). In your case, it doesn't matter and you can upgrade to iTunes 9.2.