How To Jailbreak Your iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS or iPhone 3G Using PwnageTool (iOS 4.1)

1235»

Comments

• desmond
    desmond Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

i have an iphone 3gs unlocked from Maxis (malaysia) which is running iOS 4.1 and baseband 05.14.02. will it get locked if i jailbreak it using pwnage? thanks

• desmond
    via Wordpress

i have an iphone 3GS from an official carrier which is running iOS 4.1 and baseband 05.14.02. what i need to know is will jailbreaking my iphone relock my iphone? somebody please reply, thanks~

• desmond
    via Wordpress

i have an iphone 3GS from an official carrier which is running iOS 4.1 and baseband 05.14.02. what i need to know is will jailbreaking my iphone relock my iphone? somebody please reply, thanks~

• Abhi
    Abhi Posts: 16
    via Wordpress

Any idea if the dev team will still pursue unlock for 4.1 with 5.14.02..?
    Please say they will.......

• Vinnick
    Vinnick Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

In addition to what I said above, here are some news:

Being curious and wanting to make my phone work better (since the jailbreak, some apps quit or won't start, settings for instance, which annoys me), I tried to upgrade since last week.

I precisely followed the above mentioned guide and successfully upgraded my jailbroken iphone 3G (being on ios 4) with this PwnageTool 4.1.2.

what was a bit difficult was to be able to connect it into DFU mode (step 18). Since itunes automatically sync when plugging the USB, the first attempt came to a failure. So I let the sync end and then ejected the iphone from itunes while letting it connected with usb.
    From there on I started over from step 18 and in the end everything went fine.

I saved my SSH blobs on cydia with TinyUmbrella.

My computer is an old PowerbookG4 runnin' on 10.5.8 and I have synced with itunes 10 without having any problems since then.

Hope this can help.

Thanks for the so accurate step-by-step instructions, they are of really great use !!

• arsim
    arsim Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi there. My first time with Iphone i have an 3g 3.1.3 with modem Firmware 05.14.02. Can this be unlock.I need a answer please.

• XPUPUSTAINSX
    XPUPUSTAINSX Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I have done every step like ten times and when i get to the last part on restoring the my iphone4 with the custom_restore file it keeps saying that it cant do it because it cant contact the apple server. but when i restore it back to its original settings it contacts the server just fine. ive tried this on 2 diff comp. and it says the same thing on each. can anyone help?
  • pdxDale
    pdxDale Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I have a 3GS on 3.1 firmware with the old bootrom, but it has never had a jailbreak. Can I use PwnageTool 4.1.2 to jailbreak my iPhone to firmware 4.1, or does it require I jailbreak my 3.1 firmware first?
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 1,127
    via Wordpress
    Hi - just followed instructions above (iphone 3gs old Bootrom OS 3.1.2 previously jailbroken using pwange - theathered ). all seemed to be going well although a couple of stages outlined above (13 and 17) did not appear.Got to stage 21 and did as required with my custom restore and clicked 'open' (the 'chose' option as mentioned in step 21 not available) - itunes prompt opened and asked if wished to restore and also crucially "and verify with apple'..... which i did message received saying not eligible for restore .So - what can I do ? Currently phone is a black brick ...if go for normal restore it will presumably update with all latest basebands and so not be unlockable or jailbreakable - is this correct? Presumably if worst comes to worst I could take out a package with eg orange and get access as a locked phone ..... but i travel alot and this would be very limiting when abroad - help !
  • tHinkZ
    tHinkZ Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Step 10 should read "Select the ones you want (OpenSSH and OpenSSL), click 'Add to Queue'". Then Step 11, "Now click on the 'Selected Packages' tab" flows correctly.Thanks for the great instructions and all the hard work!tHinkZ
  • Curious
    Curious Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    just making sure this is correct, but in order to upgrade to 4.1.2, i need to use the iOS 4.1 firmware file?? not an iOS 4.1.2 firmware file..?
  • kacamifici
    kacamifici Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    i have iphon 3g with firmware 2.2.1 and baseband 02.30.03 It is unlocked to my carrer that is not an official carrer of iphone. i dont know if it is unlocked before. but i realy need to update the firmware, to be jailbroken and unlocked. what do you sugest to me?? pls