iPhone Dev Team Working On A Solution To Downgrade Baseband 06.15.00 To 05.15.05 For iPhone 3GS, iPh

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone Dev Team Working On A Solution To Downgrade Baseband 06.15.00 To 05.15.05 For iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G

Some users have reported significant loss of GPS signal after upgrading to baseband 06.15.00 using Redsn0w or PwnageTool to unlock their iPhone.

MuscleNerd of the iPhone Dev Team has just confirmed that they are working on a solution that will allow users to downgrade their iPhone’s baseband back to 05.15.04.

MuscleNerd revealed this while responding to one of his followers on Twitter:

Read the full story here

Comments

• sid
    sid Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    Good News.. Cheers guys!
  • Ciprian Biris
    Ciprian Biris Posts: 36
    via Wordpress
    So.. i will be able to unlock stock iOs 4.1 on my iphone 4?
  • Lee
    Lee Posts: 153
    via Wordpress
    Downgrade to 5.15? And can we still unblock it?How about the 2.10 for iPhone 4 pls any progress ?
  • monkey_duster
    monkey_duster Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I hope it will be applicable to an iPhone 4 with a 2.10.04 BB. thank you dev team for all the efforts!
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    Dev Team hasn't provided any update on the unlock for iPhone 4 baseband other than saying it will need more efforts. We will keep you posted if we have any news on that front.
  • davidj
    davidj Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    thanks so much DEV...for the new 3gs comers, after the new solution come out, can we jailbreak and unlock the 3GS with IOS 4.1 and BB 5.14.02 with this new solution without upgrading the new BB and downgrade back to 5.15.xx?
  • glynnmac
    glynnmac Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Looking forward to this. I miss my GPS. Great work!
  • OneTriniHill
    OneTriniHill Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I'm trying to unlock my iPhone 3GS (old bootrom) and it keeps going into dfu mode. I've tried redsn0w and I've tried booting it *tethered* but it still won't boot and stays in recovery mode. I've been trying to use the pwngetool also but it does not give me the option to fetch the iPad 3.2.2 firmware so I can unlock. IDK what the problem is and it won't even let me restore to an official firmware bundle (it's running iOS 4.2.1/4.2). What can I do. I've been up all night pulling my hair out here!
  • GoPadge
    GoPadge Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    I'm having trouble with Facebook. My wife keeps getting Facebook notifications if foreign languages. (German, Japanese, Russian, and Spanish so far.)
  • volsk
    volsk Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Yes please! Downgrade would be of great help. Even it is not possible to unlock.
  • ok mk
    ok mk Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I'm assuming that you have the proper ipsw downloaded for your iPhone? Maybe double check first.When I did it to my 3GS i actually did it in different steps using redsn0w 2 separate times. Try to Flash the iPad BB first, then install Cydia separately. If you're using pwnage tool, make sure that you downloaded the newest version. They released a special Unlock Edition just for the 6.15 BB unlock, but you must also download the iPad 3.2.2 FW ipsw if you are using Pwnage tool.Hope that helps.
  • This guy
    This guy Posts: 16
    via Wordpress
    why i cant update to 4.2.1 after i JB and flash the bb 6.15 on my 3g? help!!
  • Gee
    Gee Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    Sounds good but I'm not having any issues right now with GPS. Currently have 3GS OS 4.1, BB 6.15 unlocked on T-Mobile and all is good. Would probably look at downgrading only if there were an issue. I had my original SIM card from ATT from a while ago and that activated it so I'm not having any GPS or battery issues.
  • locone
    locone Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Thanks DEV team, you're the BEST of the BEST.
  • HEY
    HEY Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
    Gee, how did you do it? I am scared of upgrade to 6.15 and have multiple problems. I have 3gs, 4.1, 5.14.02. Its JB with snowbreeze already have cydia.Was using ATT now Im trying to get T-mobile.thanks in advance...
  • Gee
    via Wordpress
    I just followed the instructions and believe me, I'm new to this whole thing. I downloaded the 4.1 and 4.2 and ipad ipsw's like they said and then I ran redsn0w. When prompted I pointed to the 4.1 ipsw because I wanted to keep my untethered jailbreak if possible and it went through just fine. Then loaded the ultrasn0w unlock and it was ready to go. I used my old ATT SIM to activate it and then I put the T-Mobile SIM in and it works fine. GPS and battery are not an issue as I believe it's only an issue with 4.2 and anyone who didn't activate with SIM card. Like I said, I'm new to this and I did it so follow the directions and you should be fine. Make sure to use the utilities to backup your phone just in case.
  • sdguy
    sdguy Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I still have GPS after unlocking my 3GS (old bootrom) on bb06.15 buy it is usually 2 to 3 miles off. If the downgrade keeps my phone unlocked, would love to downgrade. Otherwise, love a fix to the GPS issue. Good luck guys. You always do great work.
  • HEY
    via Wordpress
    Gee, Im sorry but I am already on 4.1. Should i proceed with the IPSW ipad download then run redsn0w?
  • Munaf
    Munaf Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    i dont understand one thing if the dev team have not retested their new baseband then why they release i meam why the **** they are creating a big scene that they got a solution for iphone unlock.dev team first find the right unlock thats 5.15.01 and then do party
  • Gee
    via Wordpress
    I was also on (and still am) on 4.1 but you need to download that as well as the iPad ipsw. Part of running the redsn0w it will ask you for your ipsw of the OS YOU ARE ON NOW and that's where you need to point to the 4.1 ipsw. then a little later during the install it will ask you where the iPad ipsw is so you need both before you move forward. I think that first step is the important one to stay on 4.1 and have the untethered jailbreak. if you (or anyone else) accidentally points to the 4.2 ipsw you'll end up on 4.2 where you don't want to be. Just make sure you have both the 4.1 and ipad ipsw and you should be all set.
  • HEY
    via Wordpress
    Thanks man, I will let you know how'd it go. Hopefully it works for me.
  • Diablozoe
    Diablozoe Posts: 76
    via Wordpress
  • whocares
    whocares Posts: 25
    via Wordpress
    u cant do a update after using 6 15
  • Ray
    Ray Posts: 121
    via Wordpress
    I HAVE CREATED A METHOD FOR UNLOCKING ANY BASEBAND ON ANY iOS FIRMWARE EMAIL ME @ poppin3000@yahoo.com for intructions
  • cshankar
    cshankar Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    its possible that your iphone baseband upgraded to 6.15 but since you are restoring to 4.2.1 itunes will not let it restore. I suggest that you try downgrading to 4.1 ipsw and then use iRecovery or iReb to kick out of recovery. If it works, then pl do not upgrade to 4.2.1. I had the same problem and downgrading to 4.1 ipsw and using iReb solved my issue. Took me 2 days to figure this out though.
  • yo
    yo Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
    Hello Guys, I am having a problem here with my Iphone 3gs on IOS 4.1 and FW 5.14.02. serial # indicate that i have a old bootrom, but when i ran redsn0w during the process it prompted and said that i have a new one even though i had selected that i have a old one by checking the serial # in my device. 4th # is a 3 follow by a 1. Anyone?
  • Michael
    Michael Posts: 316
    via Wordpress
    Ray you are a liar. Nobody listen to him, he is going to scam you.
  • Moiz
    Moiz Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Yes really good news. For latest on iPhone,iPod,iPad,Apple,Android and Jailbreak visit enewsplus.com Thanks
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Why is there so much attention to the 3G and 3GS? Why dont they bother about the 4?