How To Jailbreak iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS On iOS 4.2.1 Using Greenpois0n [Mac]

Comments

• pat
    pat Posts: 32
    via Wordpress
    Greenpoison Untether Jailbreak for 4.2.1 and Updated news about jailbreak, apple, sony and more from the web here http://bit.ly/dKGfSt
  • Kirk
    Kirk Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Worked for me, but like everyone else, the Cydia option did not show up in Loader. I had to add Cydia using Redsn0w.That part is somewhat annoying, but not too big of a deal.Thank you as always, Dev Team. Please don't ever stop...because Apple certainly won't ever stop being idiots when it comes to allowing us to do whatever we want to do with OUR property.
  • Ivor
    Ivor Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Thank you so much Kirk for your reply. I will try that right away :)
  • Frost
    Frost Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    Hi! thanx for the jailbreak.I managed to jailbreak my iphone 3gs (new bootroom) and install Cydia.But every time I try to install Cydia store product it says: Note: cannot locate package.the package nscfstring cannot be found in your current sources .....and so on.anyway, I can't install apps from cydia. Can anyone help me with this. I have tried using greenpois0n to jailbreak the phone again, to "reinstall" cydia.- Frost
  • tukkertown
    tukkertown Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    SOLVED: Greenpois0n RC5 "Failed" ErrorOk, for those of you that are trying to use Greenpois0n to jailbreak 4.2.1 and getting the "Failed" error, here's what I did and it worked. NOTE: The steps below assume that Greenpois0n.app is on your Desktop.1. Make sure you're using Greenpois0n RC5_22. Make sure device is connected to your Mac3. Open Terminal4. Type "cd Desktop" without quotes and hit enter5. Type "open Greenpois0n.app/Contents/MacOS/greenpois0n" without quotes and hit enter. A second Terminal window will open and Greenpois0n will start6. Follow the instructions in Greenpois0n to enter DFU mode and it will jailbreak7. Once jailbroken, a green "Loader" will be added to your device. This is supposed to allow you to install Cydia, but mine would not. If yours is the same, go to step 88. Turn off your device9. Open Redsn0w 0.9.7b610. Make sure the only option checked is "Install Cydia"11. Follow the instructions in Redsnow12. Voila! Cydia is installed, and you have an untethered 4.2.1 jailbroken device!Yes Yes Yes it works on ipad thanxxxxx
  • Dexter
    Dexter Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    It needs OSX 10.6 (snow leopard)
  • Mark
    Mark Posts: 267
    via Wordpress
    Cant get it to work on my ipad :-(
  • Mark
    via Wordpress
    Just followed the post by tukkertown and yay its working, thank you
  • iPhone 3G
    iPhone 3G Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    Windows version please!!!!
  • Tom
    Tom Posts: 314
    via Wordpress
    i suggest a backup then a fresh restore and then jailbreak again there are some files mixed up in cydia..
  • Allan Posadas
    Allan Posadas Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Hey guys! I got an iphone 4 on windows format, but my brother has a nice mac book pro, can I use greenpoison on my brother's mac even if I use this iphone on a PC?!?! Thanks ^^
  • Frost
    Frost Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    thx.I'll try that.:)
  • james king
    james king Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    every time I try to open greenpois0n on mac OS X it "unexpectedly closes" it wont launch at all.. I tried this on three different machines.. is the file they have uploaded must be corrupt...anyone else having problems?
  • tukkertown
    tukkertown Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    SOLVED: Greenpois0n RC5 “Failed” ErrorOk, for those of you that are trying to use Greenpois0n to jailbreak 4.2.1 and getting the “Failed” error, here’s what I did and it worked. NOTE: The steps below assume that Greenpois0n.app is on your Desktop.1. Make sure you’re using Greenpois0n RC5_22. Make sure device is connected to your Mac3. Open Terminal4. Type “cd Desktop” without quotes and hit enter5. Type “open Greenpois0n.app/Contents/MacOS/greenpois0n” without quotes and hit enter. A second Terminal window will open and Greenpois0n will start6. Follow the instructions in Greenpois0n to enter DFU mode and it will jailbreak7. Once jailbroken, a green “Loader” will be added to your device. This is supposed to allow you to install Cydia, but mine would not. If yours is the same, go to step 88. Turn off your device9. Open Redsn0w 0.9.7b610. Make sure the only option checked is “Install Cydia”11. Follow the instructions in Redsnow12. Voila! Cydia is installed, and you have an untethered 4.2.1 jailbroken device!Yes Yes Yes it works on ipad 64gb 3g thnxxxxxx
  • Kumar
    Kumar Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    if u did the backup b4 performing the jailbreak u should be able to restore.
  • Kumar
    via Wordpress
    if u wanna unlock ur iphone4 backup ur shsh. and then update to the latest firmware(4.2.1) then perform all these steps.
  • Kumar
    via Wordpress
    u can backup ur data b4 u start jailbreaking process and then once u done jailbreaking restore ur backup and everything will be just like b4
  • Thanga
    Thanga Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    I got a I phone 4 with ios 4.2.1 its locked with AT&T the Sim is not yet activated bcos i live in EUROPE. I got this i phone from a friend in US.Can I unlock it with Greenpois0n RC5?? Help please.
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    Greenpois0n does not unlock your iPhone, it only jailbreaks it.
  • Mark
    via Wordpress
    OK, this DOES NOT WORK for any version of Apple's OS except Snow Leopard (10.6.x). I tried it under 10.5.8 and the Greenp0ison application will not successfully launch.One of these days I need to upgrade.
  • lsprelude
    lsprelude Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    It works great!! Thanks you all are doing a great job. keep up the good work.
  • Michael S
    Michael S Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    This may be a dumb question, but I cannot get my iPhone 3GS updated from 4.1 to 4.2.1. I have tried to do this with Pwnage Tool 4.1.3, but it does not recognize the 4.2.1 IPSW. Also Redsn0w does not change my firmware even though I have directed it towards the 4.2.1 IPSW that I downloaded from various sites. Greenpois0n apparently doesn't update the firmware from 4.1 to 4.2.1. It recommends a clean restore to 4.2.1 before using it, but I do not know what that means. I am afraid to restore to 4.2.1 with iTunes without using a custom 4.2.1 IPSW. Can anyone help this computer-iPhone dummy?
  • darkhorse
    darkhorse Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Awesome job chronic dev team. Thanks a lot. Finally I'm enjoying my jailbroken iPhone again. My phone came with 4.2.1 so I was desperately waiting for this release :). Btw I didn't continue to hold my home button during the whole process, I let it go after my phone was in the dfu mode but it still worked and I used the redsn0w to install Cydia. So if any of you are having prob jailbreaking your phone then give a try this way. It might work for u :)
  • Ron
    Ron Posts: 69
    via Wordpress
    What are you smoking? Are you kidding me?
  • Thanga
    Thanga Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    How can UNLOCK AT&T locked i phone??????
  • Thor
    Thor Posts: 38
    via Wordpress
    Wrong wrong wrong.
  • Heather
    Heather Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    greenpois0n RC5_2 quits unexpectedly on my macbook.. never had any problems before until now.. PLEASE HELP!
  • iphone3gs
    iphone3gs Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    how do we unlock it, then? I have a 3GS/4.2.1/05.15.04/Locked. Pl explain.
  • Paul
    Paul Posts: 239
    via Wordpress
    if i have to update to 4.2.1 first, wont that upgrade my baseband as well? that would mean that any current unlock available would break, right?just want to make sure before i decide if i want to jailbreak