AppSnapp: Single-Click Method to JailBreak iPhone & iPod Touch OS v1.1.1 and Install Installer App

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageAppSnapp: Single-Click Method to JailBreak iPhone & iPod Touch OS v1.1.1 and Install Installer App

We have already seen many solutions to jailbreak iPhone OS v1.1.1 and if you have been reading the feedback about these solutions from readers here @ iPhone Hacks, you would have observed that in some cases it worked very well and some cases it didn't. All that could be history,...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Paul
    Paul Posts: 239
    via Wordpress

This didn't work for me, crashed Safari multiple times, is there a particular state the iphone has to be in prior to running this hack. ie. 1.1.1 from a clean restore, 1.0.2 to 1.1.1. Please provide more details this seems too vague.

• Luke
    Luke Posts: 51
    via Wordpress

No dice for me either. Tried it on my new 1.1.1, and it just crashes safari, and doesn't do anything else.

• Mark Whaley
    Mark Whaley Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

It worked ok, but any of the apps I install and try and run, appears for a fraction of a second, then immediately close and kick me back to the main menu ?

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress

I been trying all morning, It's not working.

• Louis
    Louis Posts: 180
    via Wordpress

Humm interesting...So far the ijailbreak seems to be the only thing working for me..I retored my phone to 1.1.1 erased everything then went to the jailbreakme site and Safari crashed..

On the 20th try... let's see if it work on the 21st....On the 22nd it seems to be doing something. I think you have to do it over the wifi. Can't be on edge. Still downlaoding

As for the apps crashing it's normal it was doing that after the install with ijailbreak too at first it will drive you nuts then you get used to it...

Will have to see if this works. Have done this like 100 times..

Might have to put an ad on craigslist to hire someone to re:stall the apps on my phone. It takes like 3 hours between that and itunes to really sit and start testing..

Humm! Back to the drawing board...

• Ken
    Ken Posts: 114
    via Wordpress

I installed it and now I can't sync my calendar. Anyone else having this problem?

• dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress

There is not a good place on the web for all this info, so I am trying to do something about it.

go here:
    http://groups.google.com/group/iphoneknowledgebase

join, add, discuss.
    there isn't much now because I just created it like 10 mins ago.

thanx guys. hopefully this will make it a lot easier for everyone.

• Tom
    Tom Posts: 314
    via Wordpress

I followed Louis's WiFi instruction and it works beautifully. (So far anyways)

• Tom
    via Wordpress

Never mind. It doesn't load the program correctly. Crashes after less than 1 second. Any ideas?

• iPhone Hacks
    iPhone Hacks Posts: 36
    via Wordpress

Hey folks,

I just got AppSnapp to work on iPod touch and I have updated the post with some more details.

cheers!

• solarundies
    solarundies Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I tried it. The first time it froze up and didn't do anything. The second try, it worked just fine.

Finally a jailbreak method that worked for me, I'm on a PC.

• Greenldr
    Greenldr Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Worked great for me my first try (over Wi-Fi). An easy hack like this is exactly what I've been waiting for to to finally make the Jailbreak leap... I have to say, I'm very impressed.

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 48
    via Wordpress

The apt installed ok , but some of the programs do not work like calc, sketches

• Sam
    Sam Posts: 218
    via Wordpress

not many hacks yet though, no rss program, maybe they have to upload all the nice iphone application hacks

• Craig
    Craig Posts: 178
    via Wordpress

if a program tries to start but it then goes back to the main screen does this mean the program isn't updated for 1.1.1?

• hitmanguava
    hitmanguava Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Wait, so does this "jailbreaking" mean that it will make my iPhone version 1.1.1 able to use 3rd party software on it? I am AT&T if that makes any difference.

Sorry, I am new to this stuff. Thanks.

• Alex
    via Wordpress

this worked for my 1.1.1 and works fine i see theres a apptapp update does any one know what the update for ??? should i do it ??

• Tom
    via Wordpress

UPDATE: For those who installed it and can't run any program. Program crashes back to desktop: Install BSD subsystem as stated by the poster above. This works great. Everything works for me now. I give this program 2 big thumbs up.

• grahame
    grahame Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

If you have an phone which is using a non-AT&T sim unlocked using AnySIM, will this get you to firmware 1.1.1 and still have the phone function active (using a NON-AT&T simcard)?

Thanks

• christian vincent
    via Wordpress

i tried it and it worked perfectly, for the people who made it great job, youll are freaking awesome, it was so easy...best hack ever

• Alex
    via Wordpress

exactly what he said above me this was super easy and best ever thanks iphone hack teams

• dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress

I decided to be daring and try again after that other terrible programs fiasco, and it worked like a charm! I don't think its possible to make it any easier, now any user (simple or advanced) can enjoy custom apps!

On a side note, you need WiFi, it didn't work with Edge for me.

• Todd
    Todd Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

Worked fine for me, just now when I go to itunes it shows the page: Set Up your Iphone and wants me to restore from a backup of mine that is synced to my computer. Will this erase the installer if I do this? Thanks!

• larry D
    larry D Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Install BSD subsystem is the answer!!

Yes it works great, now I hope we get more programs like the RSS feeder added.

Not many programs yet on installer to add to phone

nice work though

• John Doe
    John Doe Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

I went to the Apple store, did this on all of their phones and touches, bought Leopard, and left. :p Naughty me. I bet Apple blocks that website soon! But nothing to stop a determined person from duping it to another server.

• Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress

MAN .. it was so easy

Took like 10 seconds

Thank you Thank You!!!!

No problems!

• laurnzo
    laurnzo Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

OMG this is awesome, tried it ontime and it worked like magic, i already had my iphone downgrade to 1.02 and unlocked with anySIM so when entered the jailbreakme.com on safari, it crashed took me back to home screen and after a min my phone rang, i got confused at first so i answered and it froze, i restarted the phone and viola!! saw the itunes store icon then saw at the top my t-mobile logo. I've installed a lot of program with installer and no problems yet. Thanks to the team i will surely do some donation. Thanks again ppl

• Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress

Seem to have a problem with customize - moving icons around. Ended up loosing some icons and they just disapered???
    Did a restore only way could fix it and re installed app tap.

Anyone had an issue with Customize? - Changing springboard around??

• laurnzo
    laurnzo Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

Okay i just noticed my youtube is not working now, it says "you must connect to Itunes with an internet connection to enable Youtube, any ideas...

• gil
    gil Posts: 34
    via Wordpress

piece of cake installed like a charm on wifi, had some issues with programs not loading until I installed BSD Subsystem. great job developers!:)