AppSnapp: Single-Click Method to JailBreak iPhone & iPod Touch OS v1.1.1 and Install Installer App

124»

Comments

• brian
    brian Posts: 218
    via Wordpress

all: I jailbreaked successfully @jailbreakme.com and intalled BSD subsystem, OpenSSH, and services (to turn off the sshd when I didn't need it)right off. Logged in from my winlaptop via OpenSSH and changed the root password. All was well as far as I could tell. I installed summerboard, and things started getting buggy... but worked... then songsend... it would soft reboot everytime while trying to scroll down to the songs I wanted to use as my ringtones, but otherwise would work if I picked a song early in the list (funny thing is I had 30 second ringtones and dropped them in my iTunes, but they were at the bottom of the list and I could never get there!). I also tried Customize and it crashed 1st time then worked as advertised. I really liked having access via SFTP or SSH and enjoyed the customizing of my iPhone along with the ebooks is nice. Otherwise no apps that really were to exciting.

Youtube worked no problem...I didn't understand all the hoopla over that? The real issues after jailbreaking for me where the fact that my "general settings" were crashing, my email would crash constantly, and other standard iPhone apps crashing plus the crashing from the installed 3rd party ones. When I say crash... I mean I would open the app and it would sit, then I would get the springboard again or the slide to unlock. Also, my iPhone seemed a little more sluggish overall. I tried it for 3 days. I just restored and am resynching now! I got tired of the hangups, soft reboots, and sluggish operation.

IF some killer app is developed that would allow me to edit docs etc on my iphone vice the web for work or true voip to use while I am overseas I'll defintely jailbreak again.

I got to admit I love the work the iDev Team has done and it is incredible the way they put it up via the web... being a linux geek myself I truly admired the delivery method and was really interested in exploring the file structure etc of the iPhone. hmmm maybe I should just look into coding some apps myself... wish I had the time :(

• brian
    brian Posts: 218
    via Wordpress

Oh yea the NES emulator was actually awesome and did make the jailbreak worthwhile. So retro playing Mike Tyson's Punchout to kill time and my battery :)

• Kanwar
    Kanwar Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I have unlocked my iphone with jail break n it works. I have installed the SimFree applicaion also but that is not letting me use any third party Sim with this fone. I am in India and i am not able to get my fone work with an Indian Sim card, It says 'Unlocked failed. Error unlocked is currently unauthorised or unavailable for this fone. Please contact ur retailer'. I have tried the simfree application with my Sim, with the AT&T Sim n without any sim card also but i get the same error. Now i am again going to restore my fone n start from scratch. Can anyone please tell me is there any way to get it work with another sim(like vodafone) or we need to hack the fone for that. On the signal name I am getting LOCKED SIM. I have the 1.1.1 version and if i need to degrade to the lower version for the sim card to work n then upgrade to 1.1.1 n unlock the fone with jailbreak then wat are the steps for that. I wud be really greatful for any kind of help.

• Kanwar
    Kanwar Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Hey.. i got another link n i went thru that to unlock my fone n the thing is just froze on the main screen with a white apple logo n it doesnt go any further.. So can anyone tell me if i have bricked my iphone or with some tool i can make it relode the 1.1.1 version again n make it work fine.. I m really curious as to knw as this was my first iphone n i think i have fukd it a lil bit... waiting for a good reply... :(

• Ali
    Ali Posts: 86
    via Wordpress

I downloaded the app.. and then the bsd then the summerboard theme and nothing happened. How do you know it is working or not. nothing changed on my iphone home screen except the one icon of installer. so let me know if im missing something.. Thanks

• Mohamad
    Mohamad Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

Im ganna pay for this Group , but i want one of them to replay back to my email i wanna talk with SOme one And i m ganna pay , a nice Bit ;) see yow guys great job

• ben
    ben Posts: 235
    via Wordpress

Hi.advice needed? i'm in the uk and about to buy an iphone with 1.0.2 OS that is still locked to AT&T in the states. when i get this phone home should i upgrade to OS V1.1.1 and use the new jailbreak or should i only use the old hacks for the V1.0.2? any help/advice would be appreciated.
    cheers.

• dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress

if anyone is interested I figured out why the phone was crashing so often.

you have to turn off the 'Dim Background' option in summerboard. Not sure why it does it, but it definitely fixed the problem.

• Justin
    Justin Posts: 142
    via Wordpress

hey im having a problem with this software for whatever reason every time i try and get on the site to load the app download it just closes out to my home screen and my phone is just left sitting there can someone tell me aanother process of unlocking my phone for the sim and also for thrid party apps thanks.. please help if preferred you can email me at jjusjustin@yahoo.com

• Alex Arroyo
    Alex Arroyo Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

so i just restored my phone and reinstall version 1.1.1 and did the app snapp and installed everything i have before i noticed that the summer board wasn't there were did it go how do i down load it again im going nutts cuz i wanna down load it again

• ahmed
    ahmed Posts: 45
    via Wordpress

i cant get the "Install AppSnapp" button on the page when i got the site "jailbreakme.com"

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

Does not WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• sid
    sid Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

Wow im going nuts

Everytime i go to jailbreakme.com on my iphone i scroll down and tap install appsnap i get a blue question mark. I had this before but i restored my phone cuz it got messed up. ever since then i been getting that blue question mark help

• Nichole
    Nichole Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I'm using Wifi, go to jailbreakme.com, click on Install AppSnapp then it goes to another page that is all white and just sits there.

It's not frozen or anything but im not getting the slide to unlock screen. I even waited 15 minutes to see if it would ever do anything. Anyone have any help?