AppSnapp: Single-Click Method to JailBreak iPhone & iPod Touch OS v1.1.1 and Install Installer App

Comments

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress

is this not compabable with ifuntastic and is it still locked???

• Glen
    Glen Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

One question, now that the TIFF hole has been fixed with this jailbreak method and I'd imagine that Apple would be fixing this flaw in the next software update, is there anybody trying to jailbreak the iphone with the TIFF flaw fixed? I mean, this is how people were able to hack v1.1.1 in the first place.

• Alex
    via Wordpress

hmmm how would i get more programs for apptap and change ther carrier logo and all that other fun stuff

• iTalk
    iTalk Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I cant seem to undertand how to select the WIFI network, if it goes off so quickly....is there any video which shows this part from unboxing the iphone to enabling safari?

• Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 137
    via Wordpress

http://www.freeouriphones.com/howto.html
    i used this vid had to do it a few time's think i got it wrong but all works ok now 5 star's :)

• iPhone Hacks
    iPhone Hacks Posts: 36
    via Wordpress

Hey Glen,

The jailbreaking method used by AppSnapp does not make use of the TIFF flaw; it is based on iPhone Dev Team's method of jailbreaking iPhone OS v1.1.1. More details available here:
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/2007/10/iphone-dev-team.html

Fixing the TIFF flaw is an additional feature that the hackers are providing as a bonus (isn't that great a fix for a security hole before Apple can).

cheers!

• Aaron
    via Wordpress

some of my icons have gone :P installer as gone and cant get it back any one have any know what to do? i tryed to re-install but that wont work :( help plz :)

• Aaron
    via Wordpress

or by the way any one know how to get youtube working?

• iTalk
    iTalk Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

This video explains a lot, of course ill be using anySim to unlock rather than pay for IPSF.

Thanks a lot for the vid link, Aaron

• dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress

This one click jazz is amazing. It worked so well. I dont know why people are having so much trouble. If you would just follow the steps from day one of iphone hacking you would not run into any problems. I have an iphone from the release date hacked it on 1.0.2. Then upgraded to 1.1.1 and lost everything. I saw this post yesterday and decided to hack again. Gret work Dev Team. We love you Nervgas!

• hard
    hard Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I CAN'T LOAD THE SITE neither on my computer or my iphone. Is there any mirror or such a think where I can surf and get the hack?

• Francisco Aguilar
    via Wordpress

Quoting Luke: "It worked ok, but any of the apps I install and try and run, appears for a fraction of a second, then immediately close and kick me back to the main menu ?" I got the same issue.. Installed BSD Subsystem and worked like a charm!

• Christian Portwine
    via Wordpress

Dev teams should really take hint from this kind of hack.

1. No platform issues: Windows/OSX PPC/OSX Intel
    2. No actual "hacking" required
    3. Best of all its very sellable: because the demograph is much larger people will now be willing to pay for its simplicity.

• Alex
    via Wordpress

It was so easy my girlfriend did it.

• Jr
    Jr Posts: 24
    via Wordpress

So all went as planned then I installed the black jack, send song, and sketches. WhenI select one of them, it opens to a blank screen for a about 2 seconds, then closes back to main screen. Any suggestions?

• Aaron
    via Wordpress

yep you need to install BSD Subsystem.
    dose any one know what program i could use to put my NES roms on????

• Oliver Bujdoso
    Oliver Bujdoso Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

If you are still using 1.0.2 and enjoy the verticles scrolling of apps, DO NOT UPGRADE! Vertical scrolling is gone in the new version of Summerboard and it is replaced by some cheezy horizontal scrolling (similar to "weather") and there is no longer an option to get rid of the USELESS dock. If I would have known this, I would not have upgraded. But other than that, everything works great. Also, the new "customize" for rearranging your icons doesn't work right.

• Paul
    Paul Posts: 239
    via Wordpress

I was the first post on this jump, I followed the update instructions and I am in third party app heaven all is working great, BSD Subsystem is the first thing to install then Summerboard then Community Sources then get OpenSSH so you can utilize the file system for some sweet custom skining. Great update Louis.

THanks,

Paul

• gil
    gil Posts: 34
    via Wordpress

does anyone know how the app sendsong works best? im getting inconsistency when using it. its sends songs to ringtones and when i try playing the song in ringtones it doesnt play it only managed to play 1 out of 5 and I tested it and it works but this song wasnt working last night as a ringtone. your suggestions are appreciated. thanks

• Ivan
    Ivan Posts: 32
    via Wordpress

I bought an Iphone a month ago.
    It had 1.0.2 hacked it with installer.app. i had no problems with it. I dropped my phone 2 weeks later it got scratched really so i went to get a new one, just paid 40 for restocking fee but this new phone had the new firmwire. I downgrade it to 1.0.2 and installed the installer.app.. it Worked no problem. I saw this new method this morning tried it and it worked!!..
    I admit i had some problems at first.. It does not work with Edge i tried it several times. Since i dont dont wifi connection at home i went out side walked around until i found a wifi connection went to JAILBREAKME.COM on safari but safari crashed on me alot of times but i kept on trying until it worked!!! Now i got all the benefits of 1.1.1 and the installer.app !! Pc users use ibriker to put NES games and ringtones!!

• Aaron
    via Wordpress

ibriker dont work for V1.1.1

• hitmanguava
    hitmanguava Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Does this violate the warranty?
    Also, kind of off topic, but does anyone know the cheapest place I can get an iPhone?

Thanks.

• Alex
    via Wordpress

Im pretty sure it does not sure i would probably say it wouldn't cuz your not unlocking it and if anything happens just restore your phone to factory settings and it should be all good but im still not sure

• B
    B Posts: 37
    via Wordpress
  • laurnzo
    laurnzo Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

Alex and to all having problems getting a wifi connection here is a short and easier method i found a while back but i can't remember the site. when you slide to make emergency calls
    enter #* 307# and when it rings clear the screen and dail 0 then enter
    Now answer then hit hold
    rings again, decline and it will give you contacts
    Now under contacts put in any name and under url put prefs://1F and choose add another url and add jailbreakme.com, now save and first hit on the prefs://1F it will take you straight to your wifi and you can take your time to select it, when you are done hit the home key and this time just dail 0 and follow the same directions to get to the contacts open the same name and hit the jailbreakme.com and it will work like charm.
    If safari crashes ppl have patience it means you got it right because i didn't get the slide to unlock thingy, my phone rang i answered then when i ended the call it froze so i held the home key for about 6 seconds then it went back to home screen still not activated and i restarted and voila it worked

Okay now does anyone have YouTube not working or its just me...more info pleace, it worked when i was using 1.02

Another tip: If you are confused on how to use anysim after using AppSnapp then this is an easier method, before you use AppSnapp, install 1.02 or downgrade and you ibrickr 0.9 to install and unlock with anysim 1.1 then go to itunes and update to firmwire 1.1, your phone will not unlock after the update you will only have to activate it. Hope it helps someone

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

when the safari crashes, i am taken back to the home screen and all of a sudden i receive a call, do i pick up or wait because i tried it a couple times and picked up and it does not work. My iphone was 1.0.2 and I upgraded to 1.1.1, does this affect anything?

• Aaron
    via Wordpress

when you get that call pick up it will crash then restart you phone then it should be ok

• ewok
    ewok Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

i used it and then after slideing to unlcok my phone turned off and i cant get it back on. anyone know what to do

• Aaron
    via Wordpress

ok so i tryed to use WinSCP to put my NES roms on use the user name root and password dottie like it says but its saying the password is wrong and one know why??? i even tryed useing iphonebrowser but that wornt let me see all the file's says it need's jail breaking but thats already been done :P

• Aaron
    via Wordpress

have you put it back in the dock see what happens did it with me but then came back on when i put it in the dock