AppSnapp: Single-Click Method to JailBreak iPhone & iPod Touch OS v1.1.1 and Install Installer App

Comments

• laurnzo
    laurnzo Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

Aaron restart your phone when it happens and it should work, if you can't restart then you will have to reset by hold the home and the top button till it powers down then you can hit the top key again to turn it off, But note if you try again and safari doesn't crash after that you will have to do restore and start all over.

Do You all have your youtube working after this install mine is not and i have seen others are having the same problem..any info will do ppl help!!

12345 Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I am thinking of buying an iPhone, and I've been doing a lot of research.

But would it be smarter for me if I can get my hands on a 1.02 to upgrade to 1.1.1 then use this, or jsut stick with 1.02? I want to do all the third party hacks btw.

Thnx.

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

Thanks Aaron, it finally worked, yep just pick up the call after safari crashes and then restart and bam, it is jailbreak.

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

my youtube doesnt work it says "first connect to itunes with an internet connection to enable youtube" anyone know how to solve? This is after i already jailbreak the iphone.

• Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress

Damn guys....
    I just push one button and it worked for me.
    I personally read aloton this blog and always wanted to try but scared at the same time.
    I took a chance today and you guys are amazing.
    Keep digging them holes.

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress

hahahaha i was like how you felt to joe and then i was like effit what do i have to loose and then bam it worked thanks you iphonehacks.com keep up the good work

• B
    B Posts: 37
    via Wordpress

It installed in a push of a button and in a matter of seconds. One question though. After installing jailbreakme, I opened up iNdependence and it said I am still jailed. Is my phone jailed or are the two not compatilbe?

• hitmanguava
    hitmanguava Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

If I buy a 1.02 iPhone and I wanna hack it with third party apps, should I upgrade to 1.1.1 and do this? Or stick with 1.02??

I have a Windows computer and AT&T btw.

• rwf
    rwf Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I installed AppSnap. I have ATT and activated (legal).

1. Seems to work but what is the Install BSD subsystem and what does it do?
    2. How can I change ringtones and themes? Through Summerboard?
    3. How can I add other themes...like Vitsa (sorry MAC OS USERS) ones I have seen on the web?

• Kaz
    Kaz Posts: 22
    via Wordpress

Hey, I just installed appsnap on my brand new unactivated iphone and it works perfectly. If you are having traoubles go to www.iphone.unlock.no Follow the instructions and you will completely unlock your iphone with no problems. I DEFINATELY RECOMMEND this site to anyone who is going to unlock their iphone. The only problem is that on the website, it states the you do not need the computer but you will because i have tried wilthout the computer and when i connected my iphone to the computer, i had to restore my phone. Have the phone connected to your computer and try the process. It does work and i think this is the easiest hack out there to unlock an iphone. Also before you use anysim, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE SIM THAT YOU ARE GOING TO USE. IF YOU DONT THEN DONT PROCEED TO INSTALLING ANYSIM.

• k.t.
    k.t. Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

If I have already updated my phone with itunes(the purple button on the bottom row) can I still hack into it??

• Waldo
    Waldo Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

@Kaz
    Yes you can.

@Everyone wanting to fix YouTube (Windows Only)

Download this:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/66746809/YouTube_Fix_1.1.1.zip

It worked great for me and it's easy to do, just read the READ ME file. :)

• SLiMBoi
    SLiMBoi Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I have iphone 1.0.2
    activated with AT&T

so in order to do this i have to install 1.1.1 on my phone?
    and then go to jailbreakme.com and thats it right?

should i risk my 1.0.2? is it worth it?

• Rafael
    Rafael Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

i have recently installed AppSnap, and it was working great. I accidently droped my phone and the sleep and wake button got sorta stuck. So i attempted to restore my phone so i can take it into apple for repair, but it wont let me restore after it gets to the waiting for Iphone phase of the restore i get an error stating The "iphone" could not be restored. an unknown error occurred (9) Dose any one know what i can do about this?

• Rafael
    Rafael Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

oh i forgot and my phone is in a constant restart mode well i think the correct term is recovery mode but yea if any one can help id greatly appreciate it

• thehitman
    thehitman Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

From SLiMBoi

I have iphone 1.0.2
    activated with AT&T

so in order to do this i have to install 1.1.1 on my phone?
    and then go to jailbreakme.com and thats it right?

should i risk my 1.0.2? is it worth it?

Yeah, Slim, I am in the same situation and wondering this too. Would it be better to just stick with 1.0.2 or upgrade to 1.1.1 and do this?

• iPhone Hacks
    iPhone Hacks Posts: 36
    via Wordpress

Hey Rafael,

You might find this thread over at Apple's Support Dicsussions useful:
    http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1154639&tstart=90

cheers!

• Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 137
    via Wordpress

hi rafael
    have you tryed restarting your computer then trying it??

• iPhone Hacks
    iPhone Hacks Posts: 36
    via Wordpress

Hey SLiMBoi & thehitman,

I guess it depends on the third-party applications you are using on iPhone OS v1.0.2 and if they are working on OS v1.1.1.

Here is one of links to find out:
    http://iphone.fiveforty.net/wiki/index.php/UIKit_Based_Applications

Here is the link for the list of features introduced with the latest iPhone OS:
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/2007/09/hacked-iphone.html

I guess the above links should help you in making up your mind.

cheers!

• jocatts
    jocatts Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi,I unlocked my iphone with 1.0.2. can i now upgrade to 1.1.1 without problems?

• thehitman
    thehitman Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

Thanks iPhone Hacks, the second link was rather helpful and I am pretty sure that I won't upgrade.

First link didn't work though :/

• SLiMBoi
    via Wordpress

HELP!!
    I was able to the jailbreakme process without any problems and soon after i started installing applications. So i had this application called "customize" and well there was this thing that i wanted to get rid off so i click "restore" or something i cannot remember, but it asked me "are u sure u want to restore the settings...something something" So i did (thinking i knew what i was doing) next thing i go to the Home Menu
    and Everything is gone!
    all icons, im left with a black screen it seems im on the Ipod mode, i click the Home button twice and it brings up a screen with a " rewind, Play , Fast Foward" and under that it says "close | Music"

I am sooo worry right now!
    what can i do??? I already restarted it, im not home right now so im thinking i should Restore it using Itune, i mean that is my only hope, does anyone else have a method to fix this??
    please respond
    Thanks in advance! :(

• dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress

Is anyone else's iPhone running buggy after the install.

Everything works ok, but every once in a while the phone bugs out and isn't responsive (even true iPhone apps)

just wondering if I'm the only one..

• dave
    via Wordpress

@SLiMBoi

I did the same exact thing, then I restored my phone.
    Good as new. It kinda sucks, but it'll fix it.

I don't know of any other way.

But if you have everything synced, it shouldn't be so bad.

• rwf28
    rwf28 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

After installing the AppSanp I get many MANY buggy stuff happening to all apps...even to real IPhone apps. It's very cool and VERY frustrating at the same time.

Is there a fix for this or is this just the way it is??

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Hey rwf28,

As mentioned in the first update, installing the BSD subsystem using Installer app in the System category seems to have solved the problem for most readers here at iPhone Hacks who were having issues getting many third party apps to work properly.

It worked for me as well. You can see if that helps.

cheers!

• the king
    the king Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

just wondering after the installation of this what most of you would recommend to install custom ringtones? I know of things like sendsong, and ifuntastic, but i heard they are kinda buggy, any other solutions? thanks in advance

• SLiMBoi
    via Wordpress

@dave
    I found this on the website it might be useful.
    http://www.modmyifone.com/forums/showthread.php?p=68511

Ok so is good to know that a restore will fix my problem, thank you! im starting not to worry n e more.

anyway did u noticed there was a bright spot on the lower right side corner of your iphone? if u hold it ur applications will be there! so i didnt lose them, the are still there so right now im trying to mess with the settings try to put everything back to normal, if i cant do it i'll do what u did, the restore. Thanks alot for your help, if anyone else have more ideas please help me. Thanks everyone.

• dave
    via Wordpress

i have the BSD Sub system installed.
    that was the first thing i did.

still buggy tho.

it's not all the time. just once in a while.

• rwf28
    rwf28 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I did install the BSD Subsystem and I can get every app to work thought it's very buggy. I can play a game for a few minutes then it will restart to the IPhone slider screen. The same goes for many, if not all, Iphone apps. Did I do something wrong?