iPhone Hackers Publish Simpler Method to JailBreak iPhone Firmware v1.1.2

Comments

• drewski
    drewski Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Very cool! Worked 1st time for me! (Okay, 2nd but I accidentally skipped a step)

Now, my next question is: how do I use my existing SIM card to make voice calls?

• asle
    asle Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

hi what is the figure for seeing version from emergensy possisione ?3001?12345?

• asle
    via Wordpress

Hi i have a phone that was unlokked from the first version.I uppgrade to 1.1.2 (3B48b) o4.02.13_G
    is it posibel to have it work again? i can com into safari but can not install jailbrake 1.1.1 what can i do? Thanks

• Gary
    Gary Posts: 37
    via Wordpress

I've tried many times but I cannot get my iPhone to go into recovery mode. Anyone have any ideas?

• yan7
    yan7 Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

@ gary

when u hold home and power till apple sign,release only the power switch and not the home button..basically when the apple appears,ur home button should still be under the pressure of ur thumb!!and make sure that u switched it off first before pressing both button:

-hold switch till red slide bar appears

-switch off

-hold home,and then press power

-after couple of secs(long secs!),apple appears and u release power

u should be in recovery mode

hope it helps!

• asle
    via Wordpress

I have problems to come true emergency level i have a meesage that tells that the sim is lokked. I cant com true this. Any help out there?

• JPB
    JPB Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

PLEASE HELP!!

After the upgrade to 1.1.2 in itunes (STEP 20), it goes back to recovery mode and i get the cable and itunes logo again. I even tried to run de jaibreakme.rar at this stage with the ssh activated but it keeps in recov mode.

Whta can be the problem?

• Jay
    Jay Posts: 295
    via Wordpress

Can somebody help me?

Everything worked great untill the last step.
    After my phone is activated I've run the 1.1.2-jailbreak(i'm using XP so clicked windows.bat) and marked 'intall SHH' and clicked jailbreak.
    but it only says "Uploading Installer.app files..." and nothing happens...

I'm getting really sick of this process. plz help me!!!

• Gary
    via Wordpress

@yan7

I got it into recovery mode but when it says press option key what does that mean? I'm on a pc and pc doesnt have an option key...

• Gary
    via Wordpress

okay i figured out the problem i had with the option button. but everything worked perfect for me other than that mild dilemma :) thank you yan7 for helping em with the recovery.

• yan7
    via Wordpress

@ gary

cool mate!yeah they didn't actually specify that pc users must use the shift key!!dont forget ur autoupdate feature in itunes,switch if off!

@jay

after upgrading back to 1.1.2,u should absolutely close itunes and stop it from opening!this will mean that ur iphone won't be activated and it shouldnt be!if itunes opens,it will activate and reset the whole setup,formatting ur iphone!keep itunes closed and right after ur iphone has restarted(after the upgrade),run the 1.1.2 jailbreak!it should now work and after some auto-reboots,ur device will be jailbroken and activated!

@jpb

it should be in the recovery mode again,it's absolutely normal.then u should run the jailbreak.jar file or windows.bat,without letting itunes open..it should load something n reboot ur phone!it will then be activated n no more cable logo etc!;)

• Jay
    Jay Posts: 295
    via Wordpress

First, thx for your comment yan7.
    I've tried the way you told m, but still can't finish this process. :(
    After upgrading back to 1.1.2, I've closed my itunes and tried to use jailbreak but it says I need to connect the iphone.
    Is it What u mentioned 'after upgrading back to 1.1.2', the phone in emergency status(when the phone have the same image as recovery mode)?

• asle
    via Wordpress

Hi if you get the message sim lokked you can take the sim into another phone and set it up whitout sim code. And then put it back to the iphone

• asle
    via Wordpress

My phone sims ok untill the last steep it will not aksept my sim card after jailbrake. It was a 1.0.2 phone do i have to bring it back to 1.0.2

• maggot
    maggot Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

hey guys just done this on my new o2 1.1.2 iphone works a treat alot easier than it looks

• Dunga DF
    Dunga DF Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Has anyone been able to use this to unlock?
    Version 1.1.2 (Pre-Installed)
    With bootloader 4.6

• JPB
    JPB Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

@yan7

Thanks for the previous help!

Now i have succesfully completed the 23 steps.

What follows now in order to make it work as a phone...? I tried switching the att sim for the one i use with my local carrier but displays a message saying that it is not an autorized sim.

• Trying the Hack
    Trying the Hack Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I have a new iphone from US version 1.1.2 baseband 04.02.13_G how do I know what bootloader it is? Also is it possible to hack it and get everything to work including using a GSM sim in India. I have tried everything as all the iphone sites reccomended got the phone to 1.1.2 but cannot get my SIM to work. used AnySIM and SIMlock.....? Any suggestions

• Dodgydips
    Dodgydips Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I have just followed the 23 steps to the letter and now my UK 02 1.1.2 Iphone is jailbreaked, Thanks for the instructions

• ISILO
    ISILO Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

what's the "summary" tab??

• andii
    andii Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

well done, but i cant see the upgrade 1.1.1, i just click on restore, then the update of 1.1.2 starts, but i cant change it. (Step 3) can anybody help me?

• BIG r
    BIG r Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I am just begging to jailbreak my phone... having isuses, my firmware is 1.0.2, in order to jailbreak it requires 1.1.1. How do I get 1.1.1?

• Tom
    Tom Posts: 314
    via Wordpress

After successfully downgrading to 1.1.1, installing oktoprep then upgrading back into 1.1.2 i get a message that says the iphone is not connected when i run the windows.bat jailbreak 1.1.2 . I'd appreciate it if someone can suggest what to do to finish this.

• yan7
    via Wordpress

@ andii

when u restore the iphone,before pressing restore u have to hit shift+alt n then restore..it will open a window where u will have the option to choose a file and u just have to locate ur 1.1.1 firmware u downloaded!then ur phone should be downgraded to this firmware and u should have an error!gd luck!

@ BIG r

i'll try to help u on this,no worries.just bear with me as am checking something concerning ur issue

@tom

probably u didn't exit itunes on time!as to do this,as soon as the reboot message appears,u have to close itunes and start the windows.bat without itunes reopening.ur iphone should already have restarted first.then it'll reboot till the activation!if anything still wrong,just restore and restart the whole process.

• sgyan
    sgyan Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

These steps are not able to unlock my (unactivated) new iphone with firmware 1.1.2 baseband version 04.02.13_G. I bought the 47 week batch. The jailbreak code does not unlock the iphone. After I keyed in #307#, call, 0, call, the msg "Failed" appeared. I gathered that it is due to version 04.02.13_G. Am waiting patiently for the codes to downgrade the baseband version to the ones for firmware 1.1.1.

• abe
    abe Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

hey i have a windows and when i try to click windows.bat nothing happens. i downloaded the java and still nothin and ideas.

• hemi
    hemi Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

I have a jailbroken out of the box 1.1.2 iphone everything works great but Edge & visual voicemail do not work. Now, I have found the ssh comands to fix this but I have no idea how to enter the code. Does anyone have any help for me? I am runing a mac g5 1.8 dual with ox 10.4.11. Please can you be my hero!!!!

• SUPE12MAN
    SUPE12MAN Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Do I need to do this BEFORE i activate my phone? thank you

• Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 137
    via Wordpress

to all the guys and gals that jailbreak then loose edge and vvm download a program called idemocracy2 be in a wifi zone so u can get the ip of your phone hook it up to ur lappy or pc run the said program click on the 1.1.2 bit enter iphone ip click the vvm / edge button let it do its thing hey presto everything should be fine i havent gone into to much detail as i believe this is enough happy christmas

• Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 137
    via Wordpress

to all the guys and gals that jailbreak then loose edge and vvm download a program called idemocracy2 be in a wifi zone so u can get the ip of your phone hook it up to ur lappy or pc run the said program click on the 1.1.2 bit enter iphone ip click the vvm / edge button let it do its thing hey presto everything should be fine i havent gone into to much detail as i believe this is enough happy christmas