iPhone Hackers Publish Simpler Method to JailBreak iPhone Firmware v1.1.2

124»

Comments

• Muhammadali Jhaver
    via Wordpress

I am stuck at step 8, for some reason my iphone does not leave the usb cable and itunes sign screen. what does this mean?

• karl
    karl Posts: 113
    via Wordpress

i get to point 41, when i run the windows .bat file i get a "cannot connect to iphone" error message. Its says restart windows and try again, i have done this several time with no joy. Any sugguestions?

• Muhammadali Jhaver
    via Wordpress

Admin

OK so my iNdependence doesnt have it labeled as Pre 1.1.1 update, it has "Pre Firmware Update" and whenever i go through with the update through itunes with the alt button it starts my phone from scratch from where I have to start all over. Why does the button come as Pre Firmware Update rather than Pre 1.1.1 Update?
    Please help spent too much time on this to quit now lol

• Julz
    Julz Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Hi Karl,

If you start a dos shell, that is

Select Windows start button,
    Select Run,
    type in cmd and select the ok button

Then in the shell type
    java -version

What does it say the java version is you are running?

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

hi, um i was able to get all the way to the step were i have to update my iphone to 1.1.2 but my itunes doesnt show the 1.1.2 update available. do i just use the (shift) restore to 1.1.2 or is there another way? also after restoring to 1.1.2 do i use the jailbreak from http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/site/112jb.html?

thanks in advance

• karl
    via Wordpress

HI Muhammadali,

On cmd i typed in java - shell and goth the responce "could not creat the java virtual machine". I have downloaded the latest java and it does seem to be installed.

• karl
    via Wordpress

Hi Muhammadali,

Correction to my earlier post, i typed java - version. i got the same responce, "could not creat the java virtual machine".

• Kush
    Kush Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

I am getting the error that Oktoprep must be run before upgrading eventhough I installed it before upgrading to 1.1.2
    Please help me out.

• Lyndon
    Lyndon Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I have run through the steps to upgrade from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1
    My problem is I never got the error after the phone was restored to 1.1.1 it just did its thing and rebooted

no it says activate in itunes. I am not in the US or any other place where I can activate i.e. not on one of the cell proders networks that should be sing this phone.
    So what do I do?

• GE
    GE Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I could not find the Tweaks(1.1.1)so I could not find Oktoprep. The only things I could find in installer (3.0) is Tweaks and Tweaks(1.1.3). Please help me out!!!

• Tom
    Tom Posts: 314
    via Wordpress

I can't seem to run the windows .bat file. Ive dowloaded it from 2 dif sites. THe black screen shows for 1/2 second then nothing. Any suggestions?

• Martin
    Martin Posts: 53
    via Wordpress

Bt

When using Windowsxp you hold down the shift key. I also found it easier to save all files needed to my Desk top. So try using the shift key as the option key for winxp. Good luck.

• Martin
    via Wordpress

If you can't find tweeks 1.1.1 oktoprep. Launch installer then look in all packages look for Community Sources and install it. After that you should have tweeks 1.1.1 oktoprep. If that works then install oktoprep. Good luck!

• Martin
    via Wordpress

If you aleady have a hacked iphone you can make free ring tones. Go to your installer. Tap on the sources icon bottom right corner. Click on edit the add. type in i.danstaface.net then hit ok. After your installer refreshes the sources go to all packages look for ringtones and install it. You can now make ring tones right from your iphone. I have a 1.1.2 firmware iphone and it works fine. I think it will work with 1.1.2-1.1.3 and 1.1.4 firmware.