iPhone Hackers Publish Simpler Method to JailBreak iPhone Firmware v1.1.2

Comments

• MYK12PAK
    MYK12PAK Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi

This completed without any problem with newly purchased 1.1.2 fw and 4.6 bootloaded.

Now next question is how we can activate the other network operator SIM to place a voice call?

--MYK

• Farzin
    Farzin Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hey, i bought this iphone ver 1.1.2 from the UK. I have succesfully jailbroke into the phone, but now cannot get it to work with an Indian GSM Sim card.
    any sim does not work, nor does unlock sim.
    does anyone know how this can be fixed.
    wish to gift this phone to my wife for x-mas but can't get it to work on the Indian GSM network.
    Please Help.............. ;(

• cashflow
    cashflow Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

MY PHONE is rebooting and wont stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!

• Cdd
    Cdd Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I have an OOB iPhone w/ 1.1.2 and this worked absolutely fine- though the instructions seemed needlessly long, the only thing that isn't clear is if you download the firmware with safari or any other browser that automatically decompresses files you need to open up the file and create an archive of the six files and title it iPhone1,1_1.ipsw

• ryon
    ryon Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

there gots to be an easier way.

• Christian
    Christian Posts: 102
    via Wordpress

wow this isnt working at all it always screws up at step 8

• shotta1
    shotta1 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

does anyone know if this works with bootloader 4.6 and if you are able to actually use the phone function(s)?

• JC
    JC Posts: 55
    via Wordpress

I did all of this and when I went into the tweaks thing it didn't have the oktoprep option just a calendar tweak! What happened?

• Jonas
    Jonas Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

Hey im trying to create a contact with the jailbreakme.com, but i cant find where to choose that it will use only Wifi connection, Pls help !

Best Regards
    Jonas

• In_need.
    In_need. Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hey guys, steps seems extremely useful and I followed these steps to unlock my ifone. 1.1.2 but unforutnately while doing upgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 i made it restore and restored it back to 1.1.2, then again downgraded it to 1.1.1, and now I'm trying to jail break it with *#307# back door, every thing seems working fine but when I say Appsnap install i just takes me to the unlock activate screen where it says "slide to emergency dail".. I tried this 10 times but no use. can any body help me please.

thanks in Anticipation.

• Jane
    Jane Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

Hi, I bought an I phone for Xmas and i used the above method to Unlock my phone..Great Job guys!!! i really love the work behind it!! Great.. and thanx a ton!!..... Now the jail Break was success full and am able to use everthing as of now , except the phone functionality... Now this is what happen in my case..
    (before i say more.. I am not from the us an am here only visiting.. my earlier GSM network dosent work here.. it is not even recognised in my old phone!!!)

Now I ran the whole 23 steps properly.. everything went by the book..
    Now with the NON AT&T sim am seeing an eror message which reads.. "incorrect sim this phone must be used with an approved sim" ..... Now is this ok?? Or has my last step gone wrong?? will my home country sim start working once i go back??? What do i need top do if its not ok?? please advise!!! Thanx guyss..

• nardo
    nardo Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I want to do this but I have a question....

I just got an iphone. if things go bad...can I just call the restore mode again and restore to v1.1.2 and have everything back to normal as if I never did anything? or if i commit to this, and things go wrong, can I mess up my iphone for good?

thanks

• kevin graehl
    kevin graehl Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

hell yeah.,, it worked.. perfectly.. i got a new replacement from the apple store last week 12-23 and it had the new bootloader..
    i kept itunes open the whole time..
    i run windows xp

• toxicsloth
    toxicsloth Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Bought an iPhone yesterday. Jailbroke it using this method today. Worked perfectly in less than 30 minutes.

• nick scic
    nick scic Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

after i clicked boot from recovery it says "rebooting...sending commands" and the progress bar is not progressing. anything i should do??

• Ecoma
    Ecoma Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Activated 2 Iphones with these steps. On problem is 1 connects with youtube and the other one doesnt. HELP, Thank You Happy New Year

• tim oconnor
    tim oconnor Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I cannot get EDGE to work on a different carrier when I unlock this phone...how do I fix the internet so that it works with my carrier?

• hoon
    hoon Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

hi,

pls help.

i still see the activation after step 8. Unable to procced with Step 9.

thanks.

• Paul
    Paul Posts: 239
    via Wordpress

OK I was successful.

Running Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2
    iPhone AT&T service, software version 1.1.2
    Java Runtime version 1.60(you need this to run the unbricker!)

Installing took some time, but finally sucessful!

I hear Apple will allow 3rd Party apps in their newer firmware early this year though...for those who can't wait, here you go...lots of stuff to use!

• G
    G Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

if you have an activated iphone through at&t then does anyone know any steps you an omit or not use in this guide

• Matthew A Foster
    Matthew A Foster Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I have an iphone that I belive may be Bricked by Apple ... You can turn it on to the point where you get the yellow triangle and when you plug it in to the computer the whole iphone turns off , screen goes black the second you make the connection to any computer with any cable and I have tried every last way of connecting it (before the computers on , after , ect ect. ) DOES ANYONE know how to resesitate it ? PLEASE HELP ... Matthewafoster@mac.com

• Joaquin
    Joaquin Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

Wow worked great better than most out there.....ibrekr which makes you go back to 1.0.1 I didn't like that much. So I reverted to 1.1.1.....was cool thank again

• Rashad Aliyev
    Rashad Aliyev Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I want to ask more important question/ I've got an Iphone/ It`s 1.0.2 / I want to upgrade it to 1.1.2 or later. Could you tell me step by step what should i do? I don't want to lost my files, applications and programs. please write me an email.

Best regards,

rashadaliyev@gmail.com

• Helper
    Helper Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Okay, after much experimenting the following is sure to work. Follow the above 23 directions to the tee, except the following comments. When you get the error message on number 5, DO NOT CLICK on the message, instead, go directly to the jailbrake.jar and keep going, leave itunes along for the time being. This should get you through to number 19, if you have the choice, do not use your old backup file, start a new iphone. Then, and this is IMPORTANT, before you start number 22, you MUST, I repeat, MUST shut down itunes, but leave your phone connected to the computer, then run the rest of the applications, itunes will pop up again once it gets going, this is fine and the iphone will reset a few times, just let it do it's thing. hope it helps.... I was up till 4:00 a.m. figuring it out. thanks to all who helped above, also check out http://lifehacker.com/337863/how-to-install-third+party-apps-on-your-new-iphone-or-ipod-touch
    for more help.

good night and good luck

• virus
    virus Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Ok I've have my iPhone for like 1 month and I found out about jailbraker. If I want to jailbreak my phone do I have to delete everything that I have one it? Or do I just start with step 1? Plz help thnx

• matt
    matt Posts: 283
    via Wordpress

Can anyone confirm if this process still works with a phone that has already been updated to 1.1.3 or not?

I would like to take a 1.1.3 phone down to a jailbroken 1.1.2

Thanks.

• Fingers
    Fingers Posts: 71
    via Wordpress

iPhone cannot be downgraded to 1.1.2 after the update! It is one of the things stopped by apple! I'm pretty gutted, as i upgraded only for the movie rentals, only to find its not available in the u.k yet and may not be for some time! Everything else that 1.1.3 brought, i could already do with 3rd party, plus more! But, apparentely, 1.1.3 has been jailbroken and fully unlocked, but the means to do so will not be release until february when the SDK is released?!

• Malik
    Malik Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

I have an iphone which came with firmware 1.1.2 when I purchased it. Using this above method I was able to downgrade it to 1.1.1 and jail break it. I did not upgrade back to 1.1.2 which were the last steps.

Now I wanna know what do I need to do to use any other carrier like Tmob or so, basically how can I unlock this feature. Thanks!!

• niceday
    niceday Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Worked great. Jailbreaked my OTB 1.1.2, all features work but the iPod within it. Can't transfer songs from iTunes to the jailbreaked iphone. Any idea why?

• Julz
    Julz Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Windows Guide, hack 1.1.2

Downgrading to 1.1.1
    1. Make sure you have iTunes installed
    2. Download the following
    iPhone1,1_1.1.1_3A109a_Restore.ipsw
    iPhone1,1_1.1.2_3B48b_Restore.ipsw
    1.1.2-jailbreak.zip (and expand it to a folder)
    3. Make sure device is charged (enough for it to run)
    4. Turn off device (hold power key till red slide comes up, slide to turn off)
    5. Hold the home key down and put in cradle(hold key down till the usb-cd and music icon comes up)
    6. A message box "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery..." will appear, select the ok button.
    7. Hold the shift on your keyboard, and select the recovery button in Itunes.
    8. A file selection dialog will appear, select the file iPhone1,1_1.1.1_3A109a_Restore.ipsw
    9. Let itunes restore your device, eventually a message will appear in Itunes saying to register,
    10. otherwise if itunes comes up with an error 1015, don't panic. simply run windows.bat (in 1.1.2-jailbreak folder) and select (Boot from recovery)
    11. Your device will now be running 1.1.1 OS

Jailbreaking 1.1.1
    12. turn your iphone on
    13. Slide for emergency
    14. dial *#307# and select the call button
    15. select the cancel button
    16. dial 0 and select the call button
    17. select the answer button
    18. select the hold button
    19. select the decline button
    20. select the contacts button
    21. select the add contacts button
    22. add a contact with prefs:// as the first URL, and http://jailbreakme.com as the second url
    23. select then prefs, and setup your wireless connection
    24. repeat steps 16-20, and then select your contact and select jailbreakme url
    25. scroll to bottom of web page on your device, and select AppTapp installer,
    26. Wait 5 minutes till your device reboots unlocked
    27. If it doesn't reboot after 5 minutes repeat 24-26 a few times till it works
    (important, while jailbreaking for wifi to stay up)

Moving to 1.1.2
    28. Turn your 1.1.1 jailbreak phone on
    29. Slide and unlock the phone
    30. Select the installer icon
    31. Find the application, oktoprep 1.1.1, and run it
    32. It should come up with, "you are ready to preform an update to..."
    33. Select the home button, to close, wait a few seconds and your device will lock again.
    34. Start iTunes
    35. Cancel any warning dailogs
    36. Hold your shift key down on your pc keyboard and select the update button in iTunes
    37. Select the image iPhone1,1_1.1.2_3B48b_Restore.ipsw
    38. Let itunes update your phone to 1.1.2, it will eventually reboot with the slide for emergency button
    39. You now have 1.1.2 installed :-)

Jailbreaking 1.1.2
    40. Close itunes
    41. Run windows.bat file in your 1.1.2-jailbreak folder on PC
    42. Select the jailbreak button on the window that appears
    43. After a few seconds lots of numbers will start appearing in a dos shell :-)
    all good
    44. Eventually you will get a popup window with 'all done, rebooting..."

Getting your sim working :-)
    45. Go to Settings > General > Auto Lock, and set to “Never”.
    46. Go to Installer, and install BSD Sybsystem if it is not already on your phone.
    47. Go to Installer, and add a new source called http://rep.frenchiphone.com
    48. Refresh sources, and then install Anysim 1.21u, but don’t run it yet!
    49. Reboot the iPhone
    50. Go to Settings and turn on the AIRPLANE mode (this is very important. If you forget it your phone will get stuck in a loop and you’ll have to go and beg W9cae for instructions on how to get it out.)
    51. Return to the Springboard and tap on the AnySIM to run anySIM 1.21u.
    52. Your phone is now unlocked, but you are not yet finished.
    53. Go to Installer > Uninstall, and uninstall AnySIM 1.21u.
    54. Install iWorld
    55. Turn Airplane mode off again.
    56. Go to installer and from “Tweaks (1.1.2)” install iWorld
    57. Return to the Springboard, tap on the iWorld icon and follow the prompts.

YAY ALL DONE!!!!!!