Step-By-Step Guide to JailBreak iPhone Firmware 1.1.4 using ZiPhone and to Fix the YouTube Problem

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
Step-By-Step Guide to JailBreak iPhone Firmware 1.1.4 using ZiPhone and to Fix the YouTube Problem

For all those who had a problem jailbreaking their iPhone with ZiPhone 2.5, can checkout the latest version ZiPhone, v2.5c which has been released by Zibri which fixes some of the issues. If you are facing a problem with YouTube post the jailbreak as reported by some of the readers,...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Key
    Key Posts: 202
    via Wordpress

weird, i never had a problem with youtube after jailbreaking with ziphone 2.5 - i wonder if it's because i set my phone up as a new phone instead of using one of my previous backups ?? no idea, but it works and i'm a happy camper :)

• halfmeals
    halfmeals Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I tried to jailbreak it is broken and spikeymikey keys worked too.

• Paco
    Paco Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

It worked for me !! Thanks for the information i appreciated it !!!

• Superdave420
    Superdave420 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I just did a "shift-restore" to 1.1.4

with iTUNES I downloaded update only, then did a shift-restore and browsed to 1.1.4 file.

did that, then synced phone to get my contacts back.

then ran Zibri 2.5c gui (selected jailbreak ) button only. it ran and jailbroke the phone.

everything works fine. no extra steps needed. my phone was 1.1.1 OOTB

• youtube fix
    youtube fix Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

i did the jailbreak and installed the files from Mikey's page, but now i have no service. afterwards i tried it again 3 times and i still have the same problem. any suggestions?

• FishEyE_UK
    FishEyE_UK Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

worked fine for me.....many thanks.

i have searched the net for a fix for my you tube ever since i used ziphone to jailbreak my 1.1.4 iphone. and this fix is the only one that has worked.

thanks again.

• essmoe
    essmoe Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

SpikeyMikey303's method totally worked great! Thanks a bunch...

Good job!

• mobilepsy
    mobilepsy Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

an easier way to fix the youtube may be try adding apfelphone.net to the installer source, refresh, then under the install tab look for apfelphone.net directory and install the youtube fix.

• SpikeyMikey303
    SpikeyMikey303 Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

Hey Guys, This is Mikey (SpikeyMikey303) ... To "youtube fix", my YouTube fix does not touch your baseband in no way, shape or form so your service issue maybe down to ZiPhone's jailbreak. At what time did you stop getting cellular service? I will be more than happy to help you if you can give me some details :-)

Also, to "mobilepsy", the apfelphone fix is for previous firmware versions of the iPhone... I have tried that on both 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 with no luck, along with a lot of other people on here. My fix is spot on and will work 100%. I have tested it on multiple iPhones with great success along with the other people on here :-)

If I have time, I will create my own repo for Installer and create an application for this fix so it will be easier... It's not very hard anyway, but I love to make life easier.

Let me know if you need any help!

SpikeyMikey303

• aalanskrazyworld
    aalanskrazyworld Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

also as i mentioned before try changing your sim card as that will reset your network settings then try running youtube, then put your sim card back and it should be fine.... i tried it on both 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 and it worked fine...let me know if it works!

• Riamo
    Riamo Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi Spikey.

Ive followed ur guide but the youtube problem is still there. Im using my iphone in sweden. The youtube app works perfect when im on Wifi but when i try to access it over egde i can do searches but when i click to play i video it says youtube has to be connected to Wifi or edge? Never had a youtube problem when i was on 1.1.1 any suggestions. (The Edgde settings are as they were on 1.1.1)

• mobilepsy
    mobilepsy Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

apfelphone.net worked for my previous 1.1.3 soft upgraded iPhone. Currently I am using full 1.1.3 upgraded jailbroken unlocked by ziphone with any problem. All app working. I would still recommend trying apfelphone.net no harm and easy. Thanks anyway for the feedback.

• Ken
    Ken Posts: 114
    via Wordpress

Hi, when I click on the MAC version on the ZiPhone download page all I get is a page that loads with code. Same result if I CTRL/RETURN and download the file. Any ideas? Thanks, Ken

• Dustin
    Dustin Posts: 116
    via Wordpress

Nice job man, Thanks!!!

• Junior
    Junior Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

I am running 1.1.4 and just recently jail broke my iphone with ziphone 2.5 and now my you tube or my email no longer runs you tube I can live with out but no email it keeps on saying cannot get mail the user or password for “imap.apple.mail.yahoo.com” is incorrect
    Is anybody other then me having this problem?

• Dustin L
    Dustin L Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

You best bet to fix the baseband problem is take-out the sim and put it back in, restart you iphone, then connect to itunes, It should automatically fix it, but Hey that might have been just one of those "chance" things... Worth a try!

• Louis
    Louis Posts: 180
    via Wordpress

Sweet! Now my phone is more than just really, really, really, good~looking.

• Zann
    Zann Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

The username and password is not working for me.

Please advise

• SpikeyMikey303
    via Wordpress

Hey Zann...

Are you talking about the Username and Password for WinSCP?

If so, ensure you have the correct IP address for the iPhone.

To obtain it, simply go to SETTINGS, WI-FI, and once you connect to your Wi-Fi connection, click the BLUE ARROW button to the right of it, this will provide you with all the network settings including the IP address assigned to the iPhone.

Also, ensure AUTO-LOCK is set to NEVER as the connection will be disconnected once locked...

One more thing, You MUST have BSD SUBSYSTEM and OPEN SSH before doing this :-)

But once you check all of this, you should be good to go!

Let me know if you need anymore help community and have a great day!

Mikey aka. SpikeyMikey303

• SpikeyMikey303
    via Wordpress

Hey Junior...

I'm sorry you are having issues downloading ZiPhone for the mac!

I went ahead and downloaded it for you on my end, and have put it onto MediaFire - Go ahead and try and download it from here...

Also, to anyone else who is having issues I have uploaded the Windows version too!

Have fun :-)

ZiPhone 2.5c (MAC): http://www.mediafire.com/?dueg2icbnts

ZiPhone 2.5c (WIN): http://www.mediafire.com/?llbngwbiwtn

• SpikeyMikey303
    via Wordpress

RIAMO...

Did you reset your Network Settings after you rebooted the iPhone?

If you did, try again and make sure you have EDGE on :-)

It should go right through with no problem!

Thanks!

• Junior
    via Wordpress

Mikey 303

not having download problems having email and you tube problems

• Junior
    via Wordpress

Mikey 303

not having download problems having email and you tube problems

• SpikeyMikey303
    via Wordpress

Oh I'm sorry Junior - I misread the Comments, the MAC/WIN ZiPhone Download links was for KEN :-)

As for your email issue - Have you tried any other account on your Device? Possibly a Gmail account or Comcast? I gather you are trying to setup Yahoo! email on there due to the “imap.apple.mail.yahoo.com” error you are recieving.

Go ahead and try to setup a different provider account... If that works, it could be an issue with Yahoo! Mail - I personally do not setup my Yahoo! account on my iPhone as that is just for Junk mail, but my Comcast and Gmail accounts work just fine.

Try that and let me know - If you still have no luck, you MAY have to Restore :-(

Thanks Junior!

• TMR
    TMR Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Thanks SpikeyMikey, that works a treat.......tm

• Job
    Job Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Just a question, sorry am a newb. If I jailbreak my iphone but something goes wrong or a new patch comes out can I restore my phone to factory settings without any side effects? I understand stuff can go wrong but do I have the choice of rolling back?

• jimskatz
    jimskatz Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

hi mikey,

first of all thanks alot, I'm using mac and I cannot use winSCP, is there any other way to use your method for the youtube problem, like adding it to installer?
    Many thanks.

• SpikeyMikey303
    via Wordpress

Hey JOB & JIMSKATZ!

Job, You can RESTORE back to Factory Settings at anytime using iTunes and the 1.1.4 Restore file that I provided the link to :-) No side-effects whatsoever. You can also undo any changes that ZiPhone made to your iPhone by opening ZiPhone and clicking "Restore" - It basically restores the iPhone back to a "LOCKED" status.

Jimskatz, I am working on a repo right now for Installer and will update you all once it is done...

I am at work right now, but I am working on it in between my "free" time...which is none but shhh! Don't tell my boss! LOL

Thank you for the support guys and I will keep you posted!

• David B
    David B Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

The fix for YouTube works great. However, my iphone now shows up under DEVICES in iPhoto as "Mikey's iPhone"... a minor annoyance. It is correctly identified in iTunes.

• Thomas
    Thomas Posts: 125
    via Wordpress

Hi,
    I started to do the update to 1.1.4 as described.
    Maybe I did a stupid mistake because I updated Itunes to the latest version 7.6.1.9 before I did so.
    After the update (step 4) I now get a message in Itunes that my SIM card is not supported. The Iphone shows only the "slide for emergency" screen. What can I do now? Can I downgrade Itunes somehow? Please help! I need to use my phone urgently.