Step-By-Step Guide to JailBreak iPhone Firmware 1.1.4 using ZiPhone and to Fix the YouTube Problem

Comments

• ferdie
    ferdie Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

SHORTER WAY...to FIX YOUTUBE via spikeymikey

i just found a shorter way to fix YOUTUBE via spikeymikeys step by step procedure

1) follow spikeymikeys steps 10 to 18 (skip 12 ,installer has open ssh and BSD already installed) hit f12

2)disconnect phone and go to installer and download youtube activator 1.1.4(2) at tweaks 1.1.4
    3) turn off phone and back ON ...thats it!! ...your DONE...YOUTUBE should work fine....it worked for me and it should work for everyone else

• henri
    henri Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I upgraded my iphone the 2.0 soft and all things stop working, I followed the steps to downgrade and jailbreak using ziphone 3.0, everything when fine until I insert my SIM, no network coverage, my iphone just can't make or receive any call, I repeat the process several times, still nothing. Any Idea why?

• Deep
    Deep Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

Thank you!
    My iphone was not able to connect to youtube.. I followed step by step guide and it amazingly.

• Davey
    Davey Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

Where do you download BSD Subsystem ? I can't get it from Installer .

• Davey
    Davey Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

Hi Mickey,

I can't connect using Winscp , everytime it says host has not answered , still waiting .
    I am using a PC connected using Wifi to my AP and Iphone is connected using Wifi

• NINO BROWN
    NINO BROWN Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

I guys!
    I upgraded my iphone 1.1.4 to 2.0 .obviously the phone was working but locked. i tried to downgrade to 1.1.4, it worked but now the iphone is not connecting to any network.it says: NO SERVICE. I tried to restore with itune 7.5 but i've got a pop up saying that:SOFTWARE FOR THIS IPHONE IS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE;MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST VERSION OF ITUNE." it's like the phone is recocgised by itunes as an ipod touch.
    please help me....

• graham brockie
    graham brockie Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I did all the above steps and got youtube working again, but at a cost !!

I now have a tagged iphone ...... its now "mikeys phone" and I cant sync it with itunes ...... any ideas guys ..... or Mikey !! :)

• graham brockie
    graham brockie Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

ok i had to redo all my work again
    restored my iphone and then did the activation, jailbreak and unlocking stuff and lo and behold it was all working fine even youtube .........

• tony346
    tony346 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

thanks for a great guide... perfect!

• Anthony
    Anthony Posts: 66
    via Wordpress

I have followed the steps you provided up 14. On WinSCH, I put in all the required info, all I get is a time out error. I have tried several times to no avail, please help... What can I do?

• ADEMARK
    ADEMARK Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

i jailbreak my iphone with ziphone 3.0 and the you tube activator doesnt work but with this file step by step work´s well...
    thanks

• Ronald
    Ronald Posts: 17
    via Wordpress

Sir, GREAT JOB !!!

It works great and you did a very nice job explaining EVERY step!

Thank you soo much...

Keep up the good work...

• Smurf74
    Smurf74 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Cool advice spikey mike worked first time

• Ed Romero
    Ed Romero Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Tried this on firmware 1.1.4. I didn't have the folder "activation_records" so I created it. Followed the rest of the instructions as above but I get the message 'Youtube not available'.

• Corey
    Corey Posts: 36
    via Wordpress

I did the YouTube fix and it worked....good job, however, I link with my iTunes and is says it's linking with Mikey's phone.....not my name. Is there a fix for that? Thanks!

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress

When I try to download 1.1.4 to my ipod...it says (An Unknown Error Occured (5). Any solutions?

• Tom
    Tom Posts: 314
    via Wordpress

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you very much. I being struggle with the youtube problem for a while and could not find way to fix it, this is so great now that my phone is jailbroke and youtube works on it. the detail steps along with the download link are very good. Thank you!!!!!!!!

• faroog
    faroog Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

thank you i triad eveything and this the only one worked for 1.1.4 with t-mobile

• dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress

Hay-all,
    Here's a tip. When I followed SpikeyMikey303's directions I ran into a couple of things. 1.When you install the files, only open youtube via ATT&T's ( not sure about T-Moble) edge network. I tried via wifi and it would not work.. Tried the above and boom youtube up and running.

2. When those are trying winscp into the phone make sure you have openssh and bsdsystem intalls. I got a ton of failed to connect, but when I installed the openssh and made sure the BSD was intalled I was able to get in. Not to find a free wallpaper software to install my pic's. I used ibreckr, now won't work. Nate, if you can put up a version that goes strait to the phones files that would be a great help to use all.

Keep up the good work everyone..

1st gen phone now with 1.1.4 (no 2.0) hacked.

• hernan alzamora
    hernan alzamora Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi SpikeyMikey303 U Rule! it worked just fine!!!!!!

• Fresh
    Fresh Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

I installed the you tube fix and now my phone cant make calls or receive them.

• Shaz
    Shaz Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

all i can say is this...... you spikey mikey are a legend...it took some time but i tell you this stuff works fo shizzle my nizzle....thank you mc spikey......you de man!!!!

• Eric
    Eric Posts: 238
    via Wordpress

Thanks SpikeyMikey! Used 3.0 and still had Youtube problem. Your fix did the trick. Lifesaver.

• rammaz ans asim
    rammaz ans asim Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

thanx thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanx it worked 100%

• JALAL
    JALAL Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

my iphone hang on appple singe what i do for that

• tba
    tba Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

just used the activation files...
    lost all services , only emergency calls possible.
    but it was telling me to connect to itunes,
    i did... and 2 seconds later wow...
    congrats on your new iphone it said.
    and now youtube works, and sim card. :)
    tnx alot.

• Jon
    Jon Posts: 116
    via Wordpress

I am trying restore my iphone with the 1.1.4 firmware and an error message pops up saying that my iphone could not be restored, "error(20)." Any suggestions?

• Jordan
    Jordan Posts: 163
    via Wordpress

like i have had a problem. like do u open itunes and press shift. thats the only part i dont understand. please help if u can.

• kira
    kira Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

hey, i dont know if anyone still update this. I have already downloaded the "iphone1,1_1.1.4_4a102_restore" and since it is in zip, i unzip it onto my desktop.
    i follow the steps and made my iphone go into recovery mode after which i shift + restore but im unable to find iphone1,1_1.1.4_4a102_restore because they are only looking for ispw format files.
    can anyone help? thanks

• travelbytes
    travelbytes Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I tried fixing my YouTube connect Error with the iphoneil push method and that has caused many other issues. It deleted my wifi password, my email passwords, causes my cydia to open with an error and a few other items I think. I updated the iphone to 3.1.2 and rejailbroke the phone with blackrain. For some reason I thought this would also fix the Youtube error as a bonus. So I guess my question is... will the above method work for my iphone if it has been uodated? It would be nice if I can get this sorted out. THANKS PS Spikey I have to say I am impressed by the above threads and the assistance you have provided many people. !! :)