Step-By-Step Guide to JailBreak iPhone Firmware 1.1.4 using ZiPhone and to Fix the YouTube Problem

Comments

• Jeff (N8NOE)
    Jeff (N8NOE) Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Worked Great for me here, THANKS!... I used AFP on an Apple as I see what you were doing, and can copy right from the desk top. But the files and fix worked fine. KUDOS!...

• XALUCARDX454
    XALUCARDX454 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

thanks for helping me out man. i did exactly what you said and it worked like a charm. real easy and fulfilling. this was getting me real pissed but im ultra happy now. thanks again

• Ken
    Ken Posts: 114
    via Wordpress

Thanks, got the program from the alternate site and will run it in the AM.

Ken

• nirav
    nirav Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

i jailbreaked my iphone but everything i try to install from the installer pack in my iphone it says error this installation is for 1.1.1 only

• L B
    L B Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

When i download the winsc file it opens as code, so im not able to install and run it any help?

• Inches
    Inches Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

SpikeyMikey, The process worked like a dream!! I did a restore to clean out a bunch of junk and my iPhone is working much better. One thing I did notice is that when you double tap on the shift key it no longer locks the caps, I'll get used to it. Thanks a bunch...

• Scott
    Scott Posts: 164
    via Wordpress

I follow the guide and for the most part everything is working. The only problem I am having is that email is not working. When you click on the Mail icon, it comes up for a sec and then crashes back to the springboard. I tried to go into settings and delete the three email accounts I have setup, but if I go back to the springboard and go back to settings, the accounts are still there. I tried "Clear all settings" in the settings > general > settings area and still no luck

• brent
    brent Posts: 20
    via Wordpress

After using ZiPhone 2.5c on a 1.1.2 replacement phone (my original died) I can't get service. Odd as I use AT&T anyway. I didn't try an unlock just a jailbreak.

I had no problems getting Youtube to work via Wi-fi with Mikey's fix but ended up having to use an itunes restore to get my phone service back up. Clearly some oddity in the ZiPhone 2.5c for (per my usualy luck) a few phone configs. But it's not the YouTube fix it's the unlock that screws the service.

Brent

• brent
    via Wordpress

Oh yeah I had upgraded my 1.1.2 phone to 1.1.4 when it came out. Realized my post suggested I was jailbreaking a 1.1.2 phone which was not the case; it was a 1.1.4 upgrade from 1.1.2

Brent

• brent
    via Wordpress

Yeah I clicked the wrong do-it-all option. If you're a legal customer just use the jailbreak (3rd one down) not the 2nd one down which jailbreaks and activates. That messes with AT&T. It'll activate OK with iTunes if you just jailbreak it and have a valid AT&T setup. No prob.

• EmDoubleU
    EmDoubleU Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

thanks a bunch dude. phone works perfect. used ziphone 2.5 unlock for mac osx, with leopard. Then did your steps on my pc. works like a charm.

you should make a youtube video if you have time. if have paypal will donate for the help.

• santi954
    santi954 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

ey mikey the youtube works now but now i have no service bars after i reseted my settings???

• bryan
    bryan Posts: 57
    via Wordpress

I found that my bluetooth does not work properly when i used ZiPhone (2.5c). I couldnt change the audio source when my bluetooth was paired with a device. It was stuck on Speakerphone. Normally you cna switch audio sources, like the device its paired to, the iphone, and speakerphone.

• Madhan
    Madhan Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Thank you so much SpikeyMikey. You solution rocks..

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

After doing this method to fix my youtube conection, I no longer have service. I am using a valid at&t sim

• Paul B.
    Paul B. Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

So I was having the youtube problem and did your fix and now youtube works fine. Thanks. But now when my iphone syncs, it thinks it's called Mike's iphone and it always fails the syncs even though it goes through the whole proces of syncing and my phone is actually synced as far as I can tell. So it's just the error showing up in iTunes when I sync. But still, can I change the name of my iphone back to Paul's iphone ?
    ;-)

• Ruggy
    Ruggy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Same problem here. Tried Mikey's fix, which restored YouTube, but left me with no service bars on cellular, can't use the phone service, and EDGE data stopped working too.

I have AT&T prepaid, and was 1.1.4 jailbroken but never unlocked.

I tried removing the SIM a few times, resetting, and connecting to iTunes but that did not fix it.

A restore to 1.1 4 put everything back to "normal" but now I am no longer jailbroken.

Is it because I'm prepaid and/or chose not to unlock?

• Eric
    Eric Posts: 238
    via Wordpress

Mikey, fix worked great for you tube and even fixed my email problem but lost edge and cant make any outgoing calls? Is there a fix? edge was working prior to your youtube fix, was on ziphone 2.5c jailbreak only 1.1.4 any help you can give is appreciated.

• Ken
    Ken Posts: 114
    via Wordpress

I get to 4.

Browse to the Desktop (or wherever you saved the 1.1.4 file) and double click "iPhone1,1_1.1.4_4a102_restore". (I OD that and it starts running)

5. Once iTunes has completed the 1.1.4 restore, setup the name of your device/restore contacts etc. (I create a name for my iPhone)

6. Download and save the latest version of ZiPhone (2.5c) to your desktop (Download Link).

7. Once downloaded, double click on "ZiPhonewin-2.5c.exe", extract to the destination of your choice and once extracted, ZiPhone will run. ( get the same error message Click OK, then unzip to extract & launch ZiPhone. Install .Netframework 2.0......I cant make it past this step what do I DO ???????

. In ZiPhone, click "do it all" and let ziphone do its thing (this should take about 3 minutes).

9. Now you have a Jailbroken iPhone running 1.1.4!

• Joseph
    Joseph Posts: 29
    via Wordpress

Hi there! Great fix! Did not, however, work on my iPhone. I have a mac so I tried via both AFP and Fugu. The thing was that the folder "activation_records" did not exist. I tried to do everything except the things concerning that folder. It did not work out so I tried the SIM card solution. That was as unsuccessful as previous methods. So, what do I do? I solved the problem by using this solution: http://www.fixya.com/support/t215667-cannot_connect_youtube_iphone
    (Solution #4). This, however, fixed it all! I used Fugu because AFP did not respond or connect.

Why is all this? My phone is fully jailbreaked, unlocked and activated with the latest version of ZiPhone. The problems with YouTube started when I needed to restart my iPhone (by switching the silence button on and off and then turning the power off), until then everything had just worked fine.

• Christy
    Christy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi,

So I tried to follow the step-by-step above, but something went wrong. I downloaded the "iPhone1,1_1.1.4_4a102_restore" as well as the ZiPhone 3.0. I restored my phone on my Mac and then tried to open "iPhone1,1_1.1.4_4a102_restore." It brought iTunes to the front but did nothing. So I tried opening ZiPhone (Jailbreak & Activate). It worked, so I Synced with my Mac. BUT my phone still hasn't connected to my network (T-Mobile), and I don't know why?

Please help me!! I don't know what to do...! Thank you.

• Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress

Thanks so much! It worked for me. Great hacking SpikeyMikey

• Harry
    Harry Posts: 57
    via Wordpress

yo superdave same problem wit me man. Help anyone?

• matt
    matt Posts: 283
    via Wordpress

Yo when i did this now i have no service. What did i do wrong help me out please.

• matt
    via Wordpress

Hey spikeymikey i used ur youtube fix and followed the steps exactly then after i restarted my phone but before i reset the settings i stopped getting service. plz help asap.

• matt
    via Wordpress

Thanks, Mikey. Just a side note, I didn't execute step tp resent all settings for fear it would mess up something I did previously, so I just went to the Youtube app after restarting the pod (step 23) but did not do the reset-all settings. Still, my Youtube was fixed. Thanks again!

• Bigdan
    Bigdan Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Cheers Mikey worked perfectly! Been try to fix this for ages!!!

• HKgirl
    HKgirl Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hey SpikeyMikey,

Do I have to run WinSCP on my "home based" computer or can I run it on any computer?

• Gavin Anderson
    Gavin Anderson Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

SpikeyMikey303,

Thanks for the fix for the YouTube issue on 1.1.4 after a ZiPhone 3.0 jailbreak.

However, I too lost my AT&T service after this fix. This happened to me after the 1.1.3 YouTube fix, too. But I got it working again. I'll try to remember how and post it here.

• Gavin Anderson
    Gavin Anderson Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Okay, I remember. I saved the activation records, before overwriting them, when I did the 1.1.3 YouTube fix and after following all the steps and coming up with no service, I backed up my iPhone one more time in iTunes, then I dropped the old activation records back in (overwriting the ones from your download file) and rebooted the phone, and it came up fine.

I did the same thing this time, and again, it worked like a charm. So, I would say this extra step of backing up your activation files should be added in. I think yours are necessary for fixing the YouTube problem, but after that, people should put their own activation file back in. I came up with the Cannot Connect to YouTube one more time, as you described, but after that it connected fine.