Step-By-Step Guide to JailBreak iPhone Firmware 1.1.4 using ZiPhone and to Fix the YouTube Problem

Comments

• Gavin Anderson
    Gavin Anderson Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

One final note. I am on a Mac, so I used Fugu to accomplish the same things as you used WINSCP for.

• Fabse
    Fabse Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Hi Mike,

I did the steps from 10 to 24, after that my youtube work proberly but I couldn't connect my iPod touch to itunes. do you have a clue?

Fabian

• Fabse
    Fabse Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Hi Mike,

I've solved it by my self. My mistake was that I had a connection to itunes when I was updating the 3 files + the 2 folders. Thanks for your great fix, man.

Fabian

• Saketh
    Saketh Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I did all the steps but ATT stops working. I kept a backup of the files and put back the original ones. ATT started working again. Any other way to activate youtube. By the way, i have an unlocked 1.1.4 with a 1.2 baseband(MISTAKE! on my part).

• Jon Crawford
    Jon Crawford Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Worked great for me!

Thanks!

• Hacker
    Hacker Posts: 95
    via Wordpress

i did what u said and idd not work

• Diana
    Diana Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I unlocked my iPhone with ziphone and can't access my email account. I tap the "mail" button and it just goes blank for a second and then takes me back to the home icons. It's not a huge problem since I can still access my email through the browser but it was so much easier to do through the mail icon. Help!

• sunny chiu
    sunny chiu Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Great instruction, a little difficult for me, but I got it wor YOUTUBE, thanks a millions.

• mineski
    mineski Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
  • THANK YOU!!!
    THANK YOU!!! Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

THANK YOU SIR! This fix both of my youtube and yahoo email problem. For those people who tried other fixes (restore, change password, recreate account, and etc) Try this one, I have, and it worked.

• frank willis
    frank willis Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

was a big help. worked great

• Ken
    Ken Posts: 114
    via Wordpress

This actually works well. I'm currently running Firmware Version 1.1.4. jailbroken with ZiPhone 2.6c or was it b, one of those versions.

I didn't do the SSH way via WiFi. For users who do not have WiFi access you can manually delete the files/folders and replace the ones that you downloaded from SpikeyMikey.

Google iphonebrowser and download the latest version. This allows you to basically explore your iphone files. If you broke your iphone with any ZiPhone version, you must have installed the ZiPhone iBrickr fix available from repo: i.unlock.no, otherwise iphonebrowser will not detect your jailbroken phone.

Then go to the folders as request, I manually deleted the 3 files in the lockdown folder and then deleted the other 2 folders. You then just drag and drop the 3 files back into lockdown folder and the other 2 folders back into lockdown also.

Restart your iPhone and run youtube, it should work. I avoided the reset all settings function since i didn't want to do everything all over again, so i gave it a shot and it works fine.

Also, if you want to change the name from Mikey's iPhone to anything you desire, open up the data_ark file with notepad, find the line where it says Mikey's iPhone and change to your desire. Save it, then replace the file on the iPhone via browser and restart the phone again and test it. It should work fine.

I have did this on 2 phones, same firmware and both jailbroken with ZiPhone 2.6c. The other one i did reset all settings, the second one i didn't and they both work fine, nothing lost. The only thing gained is YouTube working again.

• Justin jaundoo
    Justin jaundoo Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

hey thanks a lot man...... this step by step guide worked........ you rock

• al
    al Posts: 64
    via Wordpress

Worked like a charm- only method so far. Thanks a ton!

• Jon
    Jon Posts: 116
    via Wordpress

mine keeps saying network error. connection timed out??? pls help

• kidd45
    kidd45 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

why does the name of my phone display "Mikey's" iPhone

• axnguyen
    axnguyen Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Followed directions to a "T" and am still getting "Cannot connect to Youtube" :(

• MM
    MM Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

SpikeyMikey tutorial worked great. My youtube is finally working on my 1.1.4 iphone

• Khaled
    Khaled Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

Hi
    On step 15 I cant find "On the right hand side, double click on "library", then "lockdown"."
    please help
    Thanks

• Angela
    Angela Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

Wow, great fix mickey!!! It was worth jailbreaking the phone before but now its perfect. At first I was trying to just drag and drop right from the opened youtube folder, and it wasnt working at all. I got disappointed and kept at it for a couple of minutes until I noticed that I had to open it on the left side. I real Duhhhhhh moment for me, lol. Either way, I hope that is helpful to some crazy nut out there like myself :)

Thanks again & Enjoy your Memorial weekend guys!!!!!!!!

• Hackz R Us
    Hackz R Us Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

i cant seem to make the CUSTOMIZE SOFTWARE APPPS to work with Firmware 1.1.4.It allows u to install but when you click the icon it open briefly to the chicken graphics at startup and then closes..need help on this.

• chip§
    chip§ Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

So I'm happy with ZiPhone but alas like allot of people my itunes isn't working. A fix at last! Wahooo. Wait whats Winscp...? It's a .exe!! Noooooooooo! is there anyway of fixing youtube without having a PC.... my Mac wouldn't like it if I was moonlighting with my old PC laptop... ;-p

• brian
    brian Posts: 218
    via Wordpress

I tried this update with an already jailbroken phone. I updated the files, after restarting i could not connect to the cell network (ATT), however youtube worked fine via my wifi. Fortunately I backed up the Lockdown folder so I restored the files and rebooted. Cell service back, youtube broken again. So it seems I'm having the same issue as the previous poster who lost cell service...and it's not related to the jailbreak. Any ideas?

• chip§
    chip§ Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Hello again! I've found a good and more importantly free SCP client for the mac called Fugu. It's easy to use and you can download it here: http://rsug.itd.umich.edu/software/fugu/download.html Youtube is up and running fine now. Big shout out to SpikeyMikey and also to frank willis for his post on changing the name and using a different client to access the iphone :-] Horray!

• Marco
    Marco Posts: 34
    via Wordpress

works great with 1.1.1 too

• Dan B
    Dan B Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

This fix works perfect. If you're on OS X you have to use a program called “Transmit” instead of “WINSCP” which is a PC based program. Thank you so much for pointing us in the right direction.

• IConnect
    IConnect Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I had unlocked my iphone (1.1.4) with 2.5 and youtube was not working.

I followed your steps and got youtube working but lost cell home service to ATT.

Pls help. I would hate to restore iphone back to it original (dumb) state.

• fully
    fully Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Mikey, are you anywhere close to finishing the "easy youtube fix" app on the installer?

please say yes...

• Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 137
    via Wordpress

when u say to drag the files in step 20 into winscp how do u drag it there? my computer won't let me do it, it will only let me drag it into activationrecords or pairrecords...

• Jigga
    Jigga Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

thanks alot man, got it working again, much luv.