How To Perform Untethered Jailbreak On Your iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS Running iOS 5.0.1 Using Redsn0w

Options

Comments

• noheroes
    noheroes Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    thanks alot to podg2 and dev team...Happy New Year..!!!
  • TT
    TT Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Jailbreaking iPhone 4 ios5.... where is Winterboard?
  • Jhester1967
    Jhester1967 Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Options
    My iphone 3gs is on 5.0.1 and redsnow gets passed stage 2 and then says no identified device!!!! What is the deal with that? any ideas
  • OGT
    OGT Posts: 230
    via Wordpress
    Options
    repositories error!!! :( How to fix it?
  • TTT
    TTT Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    im user iPhone 4 from 4.3.3, using PC with winXP.. wanna go to 5.0.1 since the jailbreak release..after im doing step till the NO_BB.. then going to jailbreak, doing step by step..in 3rd step in releasing power button, then redsnow work..suddenly, window show error encounter to redsnow..why this happen, how to fix it.. thank you..
  • Bill S.
    Bill S. Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Options
    3GS running 5.0.1. Worked like a charm! PLEASE read the guide. Just finished and it worked. (so far.)
  • Han
    Han Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Once hit the add button in source management, cydia quit immediately..any ideas?
  • Hasmukh Patel
    Hasmukh Patel Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    hi i have iphone 4S 5.0.1 baseband 1.0.13 .Is this Working for me or not ????reply me as soon as possible....
  • hen_gky
    hen_gky Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Doesn't work for me (ip 4), after finishing jailbreak, the phone keep restarting with apple logo,again and again and again,never ends.....anyone have the same problem???please help!!!Thanks..
  • arsh
    arsh Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    Options
    i hav done jailbreak on my i phone 4...............tetheredits not rebooting....even thru pc.............help me......its not switching oni tried a lot bt jailbraking again n again
  • oregon
    oregon Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    same problem HELP!!
  • Expert
    Expert Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    Options
    After 24 of using i notice these problems, maybe someone know how to solve it:1. iBooks - after installing it works, but after download iOS 5 manual app crash forever showing same error "reinstall or smth" but it wont help. Fixed only when downloaded ibook fix for ios5 from cydia, but it's not only fix, but with app, so i uninstall original from iStore and using that from cydia without problem.2. Find my iPhone wont work. Everything is enabled and working when we are talking about iCloud, connected, new me.com email is created too, also i try to do me.com/move and i can see my iPhone in iCloud.com "find my iphone" devices list, but it says it's offline, unavailable and wont work, iPhone not receive any sound or messages from there too. Previous with iOS 4.3.1 everything works fine even in iCloud when i login as i remember and with mobile me of course... BTW: location service on iphone works fine, tried to catch signal in outdoor too, everything is fine with it... Phone is always on WiFi and 3G too :>3. Before updating to iOS5 i make bakcup, but... i cant to restore backup via iTUNES ;) it's not so bad, i will have clean iOS5 and rebuilt my programs and files again, but strange... why this problem exist because Apple is guaranteed everything must be fine with it. BTW: now iP4 is faster, smoother, smarter and i love it... ;)
  • Adrian
    Adrian Posts: 20
    via Wordpress
    Options
    My jailbreak using redsnow was successful but i have problem installing SBsettings...Any advice??
  • TT
    TT Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    Options
    How is it possible to get Winterboard on Jailbreak of stock 5.0.1 ?
  • superam
    superam Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Anybody here having issue with GPS/Location Services???After successfully untether jb my iphone 4 5.0.1 with redsnow my GPS stop working.Please Help
  • Kiran
    Kiran Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Fantastic!!!! Jailbroke both the iPhone 4 and 3GS...Time for some donations. ;)
  • Kiran
    Kiran Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Options
    For ppl with SBSettings not installing issue...Please wait for some time as the servers are getting flogged since yesterday... ;)
  • Vikas
    Vikas Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I used ipsw instead of custom ipsw.My baseband got updated to 5.16.05Can I still unlock or is my iPhone bricked?
  • Davy_Ray
    Davy_Ray Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I am currently running a jailbroken os4.01 phone with baseband 01.59.00. the phone was bought unlocked by apple. If i upgrade to 5.01 via itunes and then JB with redsnow will i still have the factory unlock? Do i need to preserve my baseband or does it not matter?
  • aialek
    aialek Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    glad to hear i'm not the only one... it would just seem like such an obvious tweak, so I can't understand it's not already available
  • Khaled
    Khaled Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I installed cydia successfully but when i install any app from it i get an error after finishing its thing and cant see the app or in spotlight search ( i cant install anything from cydia) anyone can help me plz?
  • Khaled
    Khaled Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I have this problem too, cant install anything from cydia... I recieve a strange error and it is not downloaded even it is says to me that the app is seccessfully installed...
  • Jay
    Jay Posts: 295
    via Wordpress
    Options
    A big heartfelt Thanks to Pod2g .,.,.,.,, works like a charm on my 4 as well as 3gsperfect gift b4 the end of the year .,.,.
  • I'm sad
    I'm sad Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I keep getting a posix error in cydia.
  • Rick Burke
    Rick Burke Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I've just upgraded my 3GS (new bootrom) to IOS 5.0.1. I'm going through the described steps but Redsn0w is saying 'Couldn't download required ISPW....errror with SHSH blobs' Does Redsn0w need to download a custom ISPW?
  • Mussie
    Mussie Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Ive jailbroken successfully -but i cant install any cydia apps- winterboard, activator, sbsettings etc... basically every reason to JB isnt working any suggestions?error reads - Note: Cannot Locate Package
  • Dan Bradley
    Dan Bradley Posts: 81
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Everything finally started to work late last night. All of my Cydia apps re-appeared. I am having a few technical issues with icons disappearing within folders, but I will figure that out soon. Other than that, it looks great! Oh and lock info is a bit weird, when I receive a text message through "imessage" it appears as that persons email add. instead of their contact card.Great work guys!
  • Mark
    Mark Posts: 267
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I am using windows XP when I hit "shift and restore" i don't see the .ipsw fileI did download it into the pwnage folder but I don't have the cube, just a stack of books.what do i do?
  • solferico
    solferico Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Are you running redwsn0w as Administrator?
  • Odd-Sprout
    Odd-Sprout Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I too am stuck on identifying! Any one have suggestions for us? Are we doing something wrong? I've always been able to jailbreak prior to this!!