How To Perform Untethered Jailbreak On Your iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS Running iOS 5.0.1 Using Redsn0w

Options

Comments

• masai
    masai Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Im getting the YSOD (Yellow Screen Of Death) on my 3GS (old bootrom) since doing this jailbreak if I let the battery run out. Anyone else having this problem. Don't think its my charger, have used a friend's too with same result. The only way to get the phone working is to put it in DFU mode. Any suggestions greatly welcome!
  • Ali Ashrafi
    Ali Ashrafi Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Dear All,Please let me know how can I restore my iPhone 4 iOS 5.0.1 to original version? (Because that is not enough programs for it in Cydia, the speed of phone is reduced and my message's are not open regularly)Thanks for your time, Ali
  • Richard Gill
    Richard Gill Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Not only does iBooks no longer run, but more seriously, Safari can't launch any more either. Has anyone else had this problem? (iPhone 4 GSM, iOS 5.0.1, Redsn0w 0.9.10b3 for Mac)? Details: I first upgraded from iOS 5.0 to 5.0.1 through "Restore" in iTunes. There was a problem with backing-up to my computer because I had inadvertently run out of disk space, so the restore did not restore my settings. But appeared to work, otherwise (but I don't recall if I used Safari at that stage; probably not). Anyway, after that, the Jailbreak went fine. But I'm wondering if the disturbed "restore" is the reason for Safari not to work any more. In which case I guess I should "restore" all over again.
  • T Wood
    T Wood Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I am stuck at please wait while your build is being identified ?? I downloaded redsnow and iPhone3,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.zip.lkiv0w2. Then unzipped them. I tried through extras to poimt to the downloaded neede file but it can not located it. Any help would greatly be appreciated.TW
  • sephjo
    sephjo Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Options
    does it work with my regular sim card on my 3gs? please leave a reply thanks more power!
  • joseph del pilar
    joseph del pilar Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Options
    does it work with my regular sim card on my 3GS? please leave a reply thanks more power
  • Zalees
    Zalees Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I've successfully jailbreak my iphone 3GS iOS5.0.1. I notice one prob, my phone getting slow after i had installed 30 apps. Then i reboot my phone, one time, it remain in unthethered mode. After few days the crawling speed of the phone reappear, then i reboot my phone, suddenly, my phone returned to unjailbreak form. The cydia, **** & all othe jailbroken apps installed can't run. For your info, i use iTunes to installed all the ipa's files before the crawling speed prob of the iphone appears. I rejailbreak the phone with no prob. My question is, why is this problem happen? My phone is unlocked phone. Thank you
  • Texun
    Texun Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Why do I get "unexpected error" when I click jailbreak? (redsnow 10b3...3gs, 5.0.1)
  • Texun
    Texun Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    ...sorry, using OSX 10.6.8 (snow leopard)
  • sLOWmO
    sLOWmO Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I'm having issues after jail breaking where phone will get stuck in a loop on the apple logo i'm using windows I manage to get it into recovery mode and have to use a mates apple to restore any help on what's going on or any solutions? I have iphone4, iOS 5.0.1 and using b3 redsnow
  • Ivan
    Ivan Posts: 32
    via Wordpress
    Options
    When I try to Jailbreak 5.0.1 redsn0w 0.9.10b4 keeps saying: The IPSW for the following build is needed: iPhone2,1_5.0.1_9A404I don't have this build, but the one ending in 9A405What can I do? Besides, my phone gets no signal with the update. Any solution?Thanks a lot!
  • tiago
    tiago Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    same prob here anders, firmware 05.16.05
  • Fr33KiLL
    Fr33KiLL Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Options
    HiAwesome post. It worked like a charm. I successfully updated my iPhone 3GS to iOS 5.0.1 and jail broke it. Only concern I have is notification. Only messages and calls I get notification. I have other apps like Facebook, Cricinfo, Wordfeud for which I don't get notification even after I set these apps in my notification list in Settings. Is there anyway I can get these notifications too..? I used redsn0w 0.9.10b1.
  • bruno
    bruno Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I am having problems with my carrier... It doesnt mark any bars (Searching...) and I can't make phonecalls. Please help!!
  • bruno
    bruno Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I am having problems with my carrier... It doesn't mark any bars (Searching...) and I can't make phone calls. Please help!!
  • yokhashy
    yokhashy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    i followed thebsteps but phone is not unlock.going from att to tmobile but it will not get service
  • Jperez51
    Jperez51 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    tried JBing a few times and kept getting error message saying "Redsnow.exe has encountered a problem..."Tried running as administrator and wouldn't work. downloaded iPhone IPSW from http://theiphonewiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Firmwareand then went on redsnow>extras>manual IPSW and chose my downloaded IPSW.Put my iPhone into DFU mode and then let the installer take it on it's own and worked perfectly!!
  • tarun
    tarun Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Hi, Will this software work for new iOhone 3GS (with Toshiba baseband chip) too? I purchased a new iPhone 3Gs manufactured after July 2011 and looking for a solution to unlock that. Please reply. Thanks!
  • terry
    terry Posts: 28
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Hi, A quick question, Will I ever get a software to unlock my newly purchased iPhone 3GS with Toshiba Baseband??????
  • Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress
    Options
    OK it went good i got to give it that... bu why cant i find anything like i search and it doesnt show me any apps i might bee a newby but this is pisssing me off because i have already had the phone jailbroken before i got the ios 5.0.1 softwhereso can someone please help me.
  • Wendie wilson
    Wendie wilson Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Worked flawlessly, i had tried several times before from other sites and always ended up with my phone saying searching or no service. with your guide i checked the deactivate box and it worked like a charm..this should be called "Jailbreaking For Dummies"....
  • shahbaz
    shahbaz Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Hi, it's finished the jailbreak and it's supposed to take like 5 minutes for the phone to reboot but mines staying at the apple logo screen and it's been more than 15 minutes!!! HELLLLLP!!!
  • rachel
    rachel Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Successfully downloaded cydia onto my phone but it seems that i am unable to see all the packages. The first time I did it, it was fine. It worked perfectly. However the second time I installed cydia I could only see around 40 packages :(anyone knows why? helpppp :(
  • Nathan
    Nathan Posts: 40
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I am on iOS 5.0.1 and I used redsn0w to jailbreak my phone, I want to update to the newest version which just came out, is there anything special I need to do, do I just run the new version over the old one, or do I need to deselect Cydia in the options, please help
  • TS
    TS Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    Options
    errorgiving up .....iphone stuck at these stages, can you please help me ?
  • TS
    via Wordpress
    Options
    can you please help me ?
  • TS
    via Wordpress
    Options
    the safari button is white , is that a problem, because its its working perfectly
  • Alfredo Cortez
    Alfredo Cortez Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    hi , downloaded redsnow ( updated version ) and got cydia app. but gophone sim card from other phone won't work on Iphone 3gs , also do i have to put sim card in phone when i was downloading jailbreak.
  • Alfredo Cortez
    Alfredo Cortez Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Iphone 3gs is unlocked it request activation , but when i unlock screen it says connect to itunes but it does nothing when itunes is on , how do i activate the iphone
  • Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Ran redsnow 0.9.10b5c with the Phone2,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw for my 3gs with iOS 5.0 and it went through all the steps of install no issues. Once rebooted out of DFU mode it was not jailbroken. I tried clicking jailbreak and install cydia on redsnow menu but it says I need iPhone2,1_5.0.1_9A404_Restore.ipsw ? Did I miss something?thanks