How To Perform Untethered Jailbreak On Your iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS Running iOS 5.0.1 Using Redsn0w

Options

Comments

• assaf sion
    assaf sion Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    can i rejailbreak it and if i can so how?
  • jay lou
    jay lou Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    Options
    i have the same issue anyone have some advice
  • Taheim
    Taheim Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I'm having a problem ....my iPhone 4 is already on iOS 5.0.1 and when I try to do the untethered jailbreak redsnow gets stuck at identifying or either says can't not identify my build ....PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
  • Almeidajack
    Almeidajack Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    To solve 16XX errors, erase apple mention on hosts file, use IREB and after Itunes.
  • Yil
    Yil Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Just wanted to let everyone know that this post was of great help Jailbreaking my iPhone 4. Cydia was installed great and the iPhone boots up just fine. Thanks iPhone Dev team.
  • Rick Burke
    Rick Burke Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Top tip. Don't attempt to do the jailbreak whilst at work where the firewall will almost certainly prevent Redsn0w doing its stuff! D'oh.JB @ home in 5 minutes, no problem......
  • BabaCole1
    BabaCole1 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Mawwwwd ting, respek to di bwoy wit di JB.
  • hoji
    hoji Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    hi all,I did everything as was said above, and it is working very well, but i can't restore from backup.what should i do to get my all contacts ???
  • Fahad
    Fahad Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    Options
    i am getting error http 1.404 not found
  • M11ggas
    M11ggas Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Hi guys I have iphone 3gs 4.3.3untethered jailbreak.... Do I now just updated to ios 5.0.1 through itunes and then jailbreak through redsnow? If so will all my jailbreak apps get deleted or not? It's a bit confusing got me. Many thanks for replies..
  • Alan
    Alan Posts: 46
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I have just jailbreaked my iphone 3gs (5.13.4 / 5.0.1). Cydia>Manage>Source>Edit>add "repo666.ultrasn0w.com", and no "ultrasn0w.." show up. I couldn't unlock it, do you guys know any how? Thanks
  • craigx
    craigx Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    thank you so much for this wonderful jailbreak! works 100% with iphone 3gs bb 6.15 (from ios 4.1)
  • Luis
    Luis Posts: 67
    via Wordpress
    Options
    It worked for me too but i can't add sinfuliphonerepo.com, it says repository not found, any advice? and thanks
  • repose
    repose Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I meant I just kept refreshing the changes section in Cydia
  • javatechnic
    javatechnic Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    Options
    use corona from cydia....good luck
  • t jones
    t jones Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    point the redsnow to the ipsw: ie Extras->Select IPSW.worked for me
  • ifonix
    ifonix Posts: 76
    via Wordpress
    Options
    thanx dev team for the good and hard work!!unfortunately imac G4 or G5 with IBM (not intel) processor can't open resn0w_mac0.9.10b3.you can download the file. you can unzip it..but kick on the redsn0w logo (shortcut)give right away.."you can't open the application "redsn0w" because it is not supported on this architecture."so as a veteran jailbreaker on G4 who jailbroken sins iphone 2 for my self and others..what a shame that i have to find different computers to jailbeak my iphone 4... :-/ sh*tbut once again, thanx dev team and the rest of the jailbreak developers.keep doing this secured work for the benefit of all jailbeakers.happy new year :-)
  • Hung
    Hung Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    whhy after jailbreak the iphone have no services? need help
  • Mark
    Mark Posts: 267
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I tried this and it did not work. I received an error message from my windows OS and it stopped trying to load
  • nvjnj
    nvjnj Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Guys im about to do the jailbreaki want to know if redsnow hacktivates the custom ipsw 'cos I dnt hv the original SIM.
  • pNx/qTm
    pNx/qTm Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Walk through worked fine on my 3gs - almost caught out by the DFU count down starting quick tho. BBSettings and RSSWidget installed. Only issue iBooks not working.
  • anders
    anders Posts: 16
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Hi there, I've successfully JB:d my 3Gs phone, ios 5.01, yet ultrasn0w won't work. I can download it from Cydia and run the app but my new sim card can't find a net work. It say "No Service" after a minute of "Searching". My firmware (06.15.00) should be compatible. Any ideas?
  • brian
    brian Posts: 218
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Win version is mis-labled as Mac and vice versa...anyhow, getting the "Redsn0w has encountered..." error every time I try it. It gets to "Uploading stage 1..." then errors out. I am on 5.01 and XP and have set affinity to CPU 1 only (I have not changed the run priority)...tips appreciated. No "did you try" speculation please, just an answer would be helpful...thanks! Other questions gladly answered if I can get some help...thanks again!
  • Jesse
    Jesse Posts: 38
    via Wordpress
    Options
    You've got the redsn0w download links switched "Windows click here" links to the mac version, and vice versa
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I upgraded my 3GS to the 5.01 with modified ipws by redsn0w. But, cydia is missing. When I tried to jailbreak process I keep getting error with SHSH blobs. Help anyone?
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I upgraded my 3GS to the 5.01 with modified ipws by redsn0w. But, cydia is missing. When I tried to jailbreak process I keep getting error with SHSH blobs. Help anyone?
  • Marcello
    Marcello Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
    Options
    jailbroken iphone 3gs with new boot rom (noticed that this jailbreak hasn't taken into account whether it's 3gs with new or old boot rom) and i also updated (downgraded in fact ) to iPad baseband even tho i am not unlocking iPhone for it's already unlocked. it's worth saying on slow internet connection it may fail the first attempt &, it may fail over & over when trying to downgrade baseband to iPad one also. this is happening for the timeout set on iPhone exiting post-dfu state (after first reboot), on slow internet connection it takes longer to download & patch required software even if the current IPSW (firmware to jailbreak) is already on iPhone. it's good we can avoid downloading IPSW on the other hand ,this makes it dependant on internet connection. reasons to keep jailbreaking: mobile terminal, infinifolders, ****, activator, switcher mod (it's annoying finding all those icons in the switcher & now CardSwitcher makes it even better to exit app)
  • Eric
    Eric Posts: 238
    via Wordpress
    Options
    i cant find **** in cydia
  • iP4
    iP4 Posts: 33
    via Wordpress
    Options
    identifying is so long...anyone can help??
  • iP4
    iP4 Posts: 33
    via Wordpress
    Options
    identifying so long...how??