How to Jailbreak iPad 3, iPad 2, iPad 1 Running iOS 5.1.1 Using Absinthe 2.0.2 [Updated]

Options

Comments

• new iphone momo
    new iphone momo Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Options
    try to make the steps.... done cydia appering in second page.....but when running cydia it only flshes and does not workto try againi connect device to pc (win7) the itunes press restore button ...restored new clean copy 5.1.1 then without opening my device run jailbreakdone successfullynow i m adding sourcesgreetings for all
  • new iphone momo
    new iphone momo Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Options
    my device new ipad wifi 64 gb
  • Scrap
    Scrap Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    My iPad New (3) 64 wifi sim is not even seen by on win 7 so the option to JB is greyed out , Any ideas why this happens and how to solve ? I think I am only one with problem
  • iTruth
    iTruth Posts: 15
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Follow *Updated directions:1. Make a backup of your device iTunes by right clicking on your device name under the 'Devices' menu and click 'Back Up'.2. Once your backup is complete return to your device and go to Settings - General - Reset - Erase All Content and Settings. This will make the jailbreak process much faster.(*Additional Important step: Go ahead and go through the initial activation process ON your device eg. choosing languages...activating it as a NEW device all the way up to seeing Apple's Terms and Condition page. If you don't do this, then you CANNOT make Step 3 below work!!!)3. Open Absinthe and be sure your are still connected via USB cable to your computer.4. Click 'Jailbreak' and wait... just be patient and do not disconnect your device!5. Once jailbroken return to iTunes and restore your backup from earlier. To do so, right click on your device name under the 'Devices' menu in the left panel of iTunes and click 'Restore From Backup...' then select the latest backup you created before. (restoring this backup will return all the content previously on your device, i.e. apps, photos, etc.)Remember to Donate to the DREAM TEAM everyone to support the JB community!!!!!!!
  • iTruth
    iTruth Posts: 15
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Follow *Updated directions:1. Make a backup of your device iTunes by right clicking on your device name under the ‘Devices’ menu and click ‘Back Up’.2. Once your backup is complete return to your device and go to Settings – General – Reset – Erase All Content and Settings. This will make the jailbreak process much faster.(*Additional Important step: Go ahead and go through the initial activation process ON your device eg. choosing languages…activating it as a NEW device all the way up to seeing Apple’s Terms and Condition page. If you don’t do this, then you CANNOT make Step 3 below work!!!)3. Open Absinthe and be sure your are still connected via USB cable to your computer.4. Click ‘Jailbreak’ and wait… just be patient and do not disconnect your device!5. Once jailbroken return to iTunes and restore your backup from earlier. To do so, right click on your device name under the ‘Devices’ menu in the left panel of iTunes and click ‘Restore From Backup…’ then select the latest backup you created before. (restoring this backup will return all the content previously on your device, i.e. apps, photos, etc.)Remember to Donate to the DREAM TEAM everyone to support the JB community!!!!!!!
  • HarheyMan
    HarheyMan Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Options
    This is how you can tell if your ipad2 wifi is R2 or not. If you go to settings, general and about. Then under Model # if the first two letters says MB then it is not R2. If it says MC then it is R2. hope this answer your questions. I have ipad2 wifi R2. so, it's not supported for jailbreak yet.....
  • HarheyMan
    HarheyMan Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Did someone manage to jailbreak ipad2 wifi R2 yet?
  • nuttapong
    nuttapong Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I would constantly get “absinthe.exe has stopped working” while on “Sending initial jailbreak data. This may also take a while…” after my “Beginning jailbreak, this may take a while …” had taken quite a while.The key for getting the jailbreak to work for me appeared to be erasing all settings and data (make sure you have a backup, and I think you may have to go further than just a standard backup to make sure you keep your pictures and movies taken from the device) from the device and immediately jailbreaking it after. When I say immediately, you have to go through a step or two on the device, before absinthe will let you jailbreak. I think you have to specify the language, whether you will let it use your location, and your wireless network. Once you do that, the jailbreak should go through really fast, like many posters say, less than five minutes, and then you do your restore through itunes, and I was good to go. Hope this helps someone.Other stuff I also did (that, who knows, could play into it) as I was trying anything to get this to work:Turned off virus protection.Ran absinthe.exe as admin and in windows xp sp 3 compatibility mode.
  • iPhone 4S
    iPhone 4S Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Absinthe 2.0.1(Win XP) will run for 5 to 10 minutes up to "Sending initial jailbreak data.." and then I constantly get this error whenever I retry, "Absinthe iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak has encountered a problem and needs to close. Sorry for the inconvenience." This has never happened with my past jailbreaks and I don't know how to fix it.. I tried "Run as Administrator" as well..
  • pedro
    pedro Posts: 29
    via Wordpress
    Options
    aki funcionou de primeira ... obrigadootimo site
  • anonymous
    anonymous Posts: 106
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Anyone else having wifi issues after jailbreaking?iPad 3 wifi 32gb
  • King
    King Posts: 27
    via Wordpress
    Options
    MAN,,,,,!!! i have the same ipad and the same message popped up.
  • Dubai One
    Dubai One Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Worked like a charm first time and quite quick too. Thanks!!!
  • adam
    adam Posts: 122
    via Wordpress
    Options
    ATTENTION!!!!!!! I had the same problem with Ipad2 (purchased less than a month ago) with absinthe 2.0.1 stuck at waiting to complete (or somthing to that effect) i went back to itunes and restored but once it was done I DID NOT restore from backup. I then ran absinthe with the ipad at the "out of the box" IPAD screen and it worked in about 2 mins!!
  • Slim
    Slim Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Great work guys,the new iPad , 5.1.1 wifi - works like a charm !
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I jailbroke my Ipad 3 64gb Wifi successfully, but when I tried to install copy apps then the message came up "fail to install app" does anyone what is going on? thanks.
  • Paulo
    Paulo Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Ipad 3 32 4g+wifi=+absinte 2.01 : folow instructions. perfect at the first try. Five minutes jailbroken. Thanks guys.
  • David C.
    David C. Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Anyone have it working on the iPad 1 yet?
  • Carol
    Carol Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Wow, this is great. One observation for those who want to restore their iPad from iCloud. (1) Reinstall firmware 5.1.1 as noted in other posts, (2) then restore from iCloud backup during the activation process, and (3) then, and only then, jailbreak the iPad. Took me three tries in different configurations to successfully get Cydia running on iPad 3,3 GSM. But the above steps did it. Thanks for making this available....
  • Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Here is a quick video overview of this guide, what do you guys think?
  • Ozzy1919
    Ozzy1919 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Work on my 3GS, thanks...now I trying my iPad 3 hope it work....
  • Ozzy1919
    Ozzy1919 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Yes yes yes...it work on my iPad 3 GSM SINGAPORE, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!
  • Zeke
    Zeke Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Thanks Guys.... Really Worked.... My New Ipad 3... ios 5.1.1.... ;)
  • ravikiran bhandari
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Quick stuff for Mac Lion users, I had problems but then got it sorted out when I downloaded V2.0.1 of Absinthe, so if you have downloaded the very first version in all chances it might not work, so please get the latest version for mac and then use it.All the best, let me know if it worked.Ravi
  • Plmnbvz
    Plmnbvz Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    wtf my ipad 2 is a iOS 5.1.1(9B206) Model MC979C and it says device not support. And is MC979C A R2?
  • Barronvongeek
    Barronvongeek Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Ya same here. I click on Absinthe and it looks like its installing on my windows 7 machine but then I receive no prompt to plug in the iPad and nothing pops up at all.
  • Barronvongeek
    Barronvongeek Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Nevermind, Lol, I guess I should have read the read me file first.
  • Jeffoy
    Jeffoy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    can i use this to jb my ipad 2 with model MC979PP. I bought it last month and came pre-installed with ios5.1.
  • M0nsterE
    M0nsterE Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    u need to upgrade to IOS 5.1.1