QuickPwn 2.2.5-2 for iPhone Firmware 2.2.1 Released for Windows

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageQuickPwn 2.2.5-2 for iPhone Firmware 2.2.1 Released for Windows

After releasing PwnageTool 2.2.5 and QuickPwn 2.2.5 for iPhone firmware 2.2.1 for Mac users earlier in the day, the iPhone Dev team has just released QuickPwn 2.2.5-2 for Windows users. The QuickPwn tool can be used to jailbreak and unlock 1st Gen iPhone and only jailbreak iPhone 3G. But using...

Read the full story here

Comments

• nimo
    nimo Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

I have iphone 3G unlocked via yellowsn0w. But yesterday my phone's battery finished because i hadn't charger. I restarted the iphone while I charging the iphone but there is no carrier appears. I rapleced my sim card, it appears invalid sim again and used another sim card it's still the same. I checked the version it looks version 2.2 and modem firmware 02.28.00
    Please help me i don't know what to do?

• steel
    steel Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I upgraded my iphone 3G and my modem firmware gone to 02.30.00, I read the post late and wold like to knw if its possible to restore modem firmware to 02.30.00 & how do i preserve or create a custon .isp file?
    Any suggetions or help with this???

• steel
    steel Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

sorry i really meant to restore modem firmware from 02.30.00 to 02.28.00?????

• fugitiv3
    fugitiv3 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

i have a 1st Gen iPhone and i used the first version of quickpwn 2.2.5... will i face any problems in the future??

• Seanlcky13
    Seanlcky13 Posts: 22
    via Wordpress

used quickpwn 2.2.1 and my device is stuck on the dreaded apple logo screen and does the "I'm charging buzz buzz" every two minutes or so

use at own risk

• Seanlcky13
    Seanlcky13 Posts: 22
    via Wordpress

had to do a full restore, no backup and now it works kinda feeling it wasn't worth it

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Hey Steel,

It is not possible to downgrade baseband currently. We will let you know if it is possible. So stay tuned here at iPhone Hacks.

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Hey fugitiv3,

You should not face any problems in case you used the first version QuickPwn 2.2.5.

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Hey seanlcky13,

The official version of QuickPwn for firmware 2.2.1 is QuickPwn 2.2.5-2.

So you should use this version.

• Jeff
    Jeff Posts: 126
    via Wordpress

I've updated my iPhone 3G using iTunes and downloaded the **** file for Windows users. What do I do with the **** file??

Any help would be much appreciated.

• Drew
    Drew Posts: 23
    via Wordpress

was wondering how do i update to the new firmware and hack if i have already jailbroken the phone via pwnage.

• pat
    pat Posts: 32
    via Wordpress

I have 2.2 now so should I update to 2.2.1 and then run quickpwn to jail break or do I need to do something in quickpwn before I update to 2.2.1? thanks

• hazel
    hazel Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

What's the difference between jailbreak and unlock? I accidentally upgraded to 2.2.1 and have 2.30.00 and my firmware. I jailbreak it but I can't find Cydia. Any comments?

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Hey Pat,

The answer to your question depends on the type of your iPhone.

Let me know so I can clarify.

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Hey drew,

It really depends on the type of ur iPhone.

Let me know so I can clarify.

• pat
    via Wordpress

3G 8GB and i care nothing about unlocking it now or anytime for that matter

• pat
    via Wordpress

Also it is jailborken now via QuickPwn22-1 but I'm going to do a restore with no backup so it will be running fresh as can be before I re-jailbreak with 2.2.1!

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Hey Pat,

As you don't care about unlocking, you can simply update your iPhone with firmware 2.2.1 and then use QuickPwn 2.2.5-2 to jailbreak your iPhone 3G.

• pat
    via Wordpress
  • Manju
    Manju Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I have an iphone 3g 16gb I dont want to unlock
    I have jailbroken the 2.2 firmware before using winpwn. I am wondering now if I jailbreak the 2.2.1 using quickpwn for windows or watever...my app store apps will be backed up when I do so but what bout the cydia apps ? will i loose them ?

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Hey Manju,

Since you don't care about unlocking you can update to firmware 2.2.1 and then jailbreak your iPhone 3G with Quickpwn 2.2.5-2.

However, your jailbreak apps installed via Cydia will get wiped out and you will have to reinstall them again.

There us a jailbreak app called Aptbackup but it doesn't work too well so it's advicable to reinstall the apps via Cydia.

• Manju
    Manju Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

thanks...

yea i did hear there is some cydia app but wasnt sure and u answered...alright fine ...ill go ahead and update thn

thanks again

• valentino
    valentino Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I have an iphone 3g 8gb factory unlock
    I have jailbroken the 2.2 firmware before using quickpwn. Can I upgrade to firmware 2.2.1 directly using itunes? or restore to firmware 2.2 and upgrade to 2.2.1?

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Hey Valentino,

As per the note mentioned in the post:

Your phone is already unlocked so you do not need to worry about baseband updates, simply upgrade to 2.2.1 using iTunes and then use QuickPwn to Pwn and Jailbreak. This will add Cydia and Installer too.

• valentino
    valentino Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Thanks a lot...i will proceed upgrade my iphone to 2.2.1 directly from itunes.

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Hey Brush,

You are right, since you have access to a Mac, you can create the custom iPhone firmware using PwnageTool and then restore it using iTunes on your computer. You won't need to jailbreak it.

Here is a link to a good guide to use PwnageTool to jailbreak your iPhone 3G:
    http://www.simonblog.com/2008/11/25/complete-guide-jailbreak-iphone-22-2g3g-using-pwnagetool/

It hasn't been updated for firmware 2.2.1 but should be similar, don't forget to use PwnageTool 2.2.5.

But please proceed with caution. Its also a good idea to read the comments before proceeding to be aware of the risks and to get comfortable.

We will try to publish a guide as well as soon we give it a shot but might take sometime.

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Hey,

Unfortunately, updating your iPhone 3G with firmware 2.2.1 results in updating its baseband to 2.30.03 and it is currently not possible to either downgrade to 02.28.00 nor is it possible to unlock it.

It might also take the Dev Team sometime to unlock it as the baseband update breaks the "injection hole" that they had used in their application yellowsn0w to modify the firmware which had helped to successfully unlock iPhone 3G.

• Andi
    Andi Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

You need to install a **** Client such as BitTorrent (google it) and open the **** file within that program. Once you did that it will start downloading a ZIP file which includes the Jailbreak Tool...

• ck
    ck Posts: 23
    via Wordpress

Quick question: I have the winpwn-2.5-BETA 2 and I'm trying to unlock my 2G. After initializing it with the current 2.2.1 restore file, and the bootloaders, it will go through all processes well, and reboot the phone with the pinnaple logo. The phone has the installer logo now, which I assume means its jailbroken. When I put my ATT Wireless card in (the phont is locked to ATT, which is seperate from ATT wireless), it says "needs to sync with itunes" to validate my new sim. When I plug it into my computer, iphones tells me my sim isnt supported. apparently, this program doesn't unlock the phone. what am I doing wrong? thank you!

• ck
    ck Posts: 23
    via Wordpress

oops I made an error in my last post. i'm using "QuickPwn-225-2" winpwn-2.5. Winpwn freezes every single time I try to use it. SO please respond as if I had said "i have QuickPwn-225-2" as is shown in the bittorrent link found here.