QuickPwn 2.2.5-2 for iPhone Firmware 2.2.1 Released for Windows

Comments

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Hey Brush,

Since I haven't used the PwnageTool with firmware 2.2.1, I would not be able to answer the questions. I suggest you post the questions on that post to get the relevant answers.

However, I will answer one of your questions regarding applications installed via Cydia. Upgrading to the latest iPhone firmware using the above method will wipe out all the jailbreak apps.

There is an jailbreak app called AptBackup which takes a backup of jailbreak apps but it does not work too well. It is advisable to reinstall all the apps via Cydia.

Sorry couldn't be of much help, but will definitely be in a position on answer them when I try this out.

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Hey CK,

I would suggest you use this step by step guide to unlock your 1st gen iPhone:
    http://www.simonblog.com/2008/11/27/complete-guide-jailbreak-unlock-iphone-22-using-quickpwn-for-windows/

However, remember to use QuickPwn 2.2.5-2 and firmware 2.2.1 instead as the guide has not been updated for the latest firmware update.

• ck
    ck Posts: 23
    via Wordpress

Hello! I made a different post, but when I refresh the page it doesn't show up. Hope it doesnt show up after I retype it. I have quickpwn 2.2.5-2 for windows, and have my 2G using the latest firmware (2.2.1). I ran this program using the correct bootloader and the restore file 2.2.1 which is in the itunes software update folder. It ran, it flashed, it loaded, rebooted my phone, showed the pinapple logo, and now I have an additional icon my my home screen showing someting about adding apps. I think this means it's jailbreaked. When I put my ATT Wireless SIM in it, it says it needs to sync with itunes to verify. when it does this, it says that my sim isnt supported. the phone is locked to ATT, which isnt the same as ATT wireless. this means that my phone isn't unlocked, otherwise it would have worked. What am I doing wrong?

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Hey CK,

You need to click on the "Show more comments..." link to see your comment. I
    have replied to your original comment.

• ck
    ck Posts: 23
    via Wordpress

Aha! I see. I'm sorta newb, just got the iphone. okay so I followed the instructions, which is what i did before, only this time I restored my phone back to an older version just to see if it made a difference (2.0.2.). I restored the phone to that version through itunes, ran the quickpwn using that same restore file, saw the pinapple logo after it was all done as well as the new icons on the home screen (so the flash worked), threw my ATT wireless sim into the phone. it asked to verify with itunes. I plugged the phone and got itunes to see it, and itunes says "the sim card inserted in this phone does not appear to be supported." then as i am writing this message the phone rings and my brother is calling, and it works. ???? but when he hangs up, the screen says ""different sim detected, please connect to itunes" which i then did, and got the same non support message in itunes. ???????

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Hey Brush,

I just updated my iPhone 3G by first creating the custom iPhone software using PwnageTool on a Mac and then used the custom firmware to restore it with iTunes on Windows (shift+restore button).

I was able to successfully update it to firmware 2.2.1 and preserve the baseband 02.28.00 and also successfully jailbreak it.

Here are some answers to some of your questions:

Point 2: You don't need to download bootloader files for iPhone 3G as the bootneuter settings are disabled in case of iPhone 3G.

Point 5: You can close iTunes while creating the custom iPhone firmware using PwnageTool on the Mac.

Point 10: This is not applicable for iPhone 3G as the bootneuter settings are disabled for iPhone 3G.

Point 13: You need to give the password for your Mac's login.

Point 14: Even though my iPhone 3G was pwned earlier, I selected "No" to be on the safe side.

Point 20: I have already answered earlier.

Hope this helps. We will publish a step by step by guide to explain things as soon as possible for the benefit of other readers.

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress

hi Iphonehack,
    i have 3G iphone that have firmware2.2.1 and baseband 2.30.03. I really want to jail break and unlock, as i read the post you said if anyone want to unlock the phone can i use the pwn2.5.1 to jail break and wait for the unlock software to come out ?

• Ray
    Ray Posts: 121
    via Wordpress

I have a 3G already jail broken with the 2.2 firmware. After I update to 2.2.1, I was wandering if there was some way to re-install my jail broken apps easier without having to write each one down before updating and/or re-installing each app one by one after I update?

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Hey John,

Unfortunately, its not possible to unlock iPhone 3G with baseband 02.30.03 nor is it possible to downgrade the baseband to 02.28.00. It might also take the Dev Team sometime to unlock it as the baseband update breaks the "injection hole" that they had used in their application yellowsn0w to modify the firmware which had helped to successfully unlock iPhone 3G.

However, since you have already upgraded to firmware 2.2.1 without preserving the baseband you can jailbreak your iPhone 3G with QuickPwn 2.2.5-2.

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Hey Ray,

There is an jailbreak app called AptBackup which takes a backup of jailbreak apps so you can sync them back after a firmware update. We had reviewed it here:
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/2008/09/iphoneaptbackup.html

But it doesn't seem to work too well. So it is advisable to reinstall the apps via Cydia after the firmware update. But you can always give it a shot to see if it works for you.

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress

thank you iphonehacks.

• Ray
    via Wordpress

Thanks, I'll try it.

• David
    David Posts: 225
    via Wordpress

hi could you please let me know how to down load Quickpwn 2.2.5-2

• jeffrey
    jeffrey Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

hey i have an unlocked iphone 3g that was running on tmobile but i accidentally upgraded to itunes 2.2 and it upgraded my baseband as well. my phone is stuck on the screen that has a usb cord and itunes logo...any updates on when iphone dev team will be able to downgrade the baseband b/c right now i cant even use my iphone for absolutely anything.

• bunk
    bunk Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I restored the phone through itunes, ran the quickpwn using that same restore file, saw the pinapple logo after it was all done as well as the new icons on the home screen (so the flash worked), threw my ATT wireless sim into the phone. it asked to verify with itunes. I plugged the phone and got itunes to see it, and itunes says "the sim card inserted in this phone does not appear to be supported." then as i am writing this message the phone rings and my brother is calling, and it works. ???? but when he hangs up, the screen says ""different sim detected, please connect to itunes" which i then did, and got the same non support message in itunes. ???????

• Antonio
    Antonio Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

I have an Iphone 2G I updated today and then I use QuickPwn to Pwn and Jailbreak everything is done perfectly but it doesn't work when I try to put in an other simcard from t-mobile it says DIFFERENT SIM CARD CONNECT TO ITUNES.

• Pimane
    Pimane Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I have downloaded QuickPwn 2.2.5-2 for iPhone Firmware 2.2.1 for Windows.Everytime I try Run it it says "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application."...
    What am I doing wrong?

• Kaine
    Kaine Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

So I'm new to this whole JB and Unlocking thing. I had so many problems with my 16gb iPhone that I had to use a vista computer to do a restore. Now im on the 2.30. Can I do a custom restore to get teh 2.28?

• Dominic
    Dominic Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

i have iphone 3g 16gb i tried to jailbreak it cydia was installed but now can not find any carrier and there is no carrier option in the settings menu ...i have tried a few different options but cannot seem to get it to find a network carrier

• Dave in Dublin
    Dave in Dublin Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

My daughter inadvertently upgraded the firmware of her 2G (previously unlocked) iphone on itunes and not surpisingly it locked the phone. I resored it on itunes to factory setting and then pwned it with the latest version,(2.2.5-2), but although the phone now works for wifi, applications etc. I can get No Service!!!
    When I checked the Version under settings is says 2.2.1
    Can use the iphone for everything except making and receiving calls!!
    PLEASE HELP!!!

• cesar_dioses@hotmail.com
    via Wordpress

hi my name is cesar and I upgrade my iphone 3G by mistake and I get the 2.2.1 firmware 02.30.03 modem firmware, now i down grade the firmware to the 2.2 but the modem firmware is the same, i use the quickPwn 2.2.5-2 i have open the iphone but no carrier asign and in general settings about the carrier appier (null) (null) so i can get with any simcard can you please let me now what i can do... I need your help please....

• designer
    designer Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I MADE ON MY IPHONE 3G 2.2.1 FIRMWARE QuickPwn 2.2.5-2 to jailbreak and he crash when the Iphone reboot it just kept showing the Apple Logo, so i have to go to the warranty in portugal, i go to the operator vodafone and they restore for free de software, now my iphone work's fine.

• designer
    designer Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Don´t jailbreack firmware 2.2.1 for now is an error and you can't loose your warranty, i said that because they restore my iphone, but this time i don t pay nothing but the next i need to use warranty i have to pay full substition of the iphone, the price go the 195Euros to 420 Euros

• Frustrated
    Frustrated Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

when i jailbreak the phone and upload my apps the phone itself wont work as i cant use keypad? really annoying as all apps are great but if cant phone anyone they are useless? can still text however. its a 16gig 3g phone. any help appreciated as standard phone just isnt the same.

• Vinny
    Vinny Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

I had the same problem so buy the software from the jrellum@hotmail.com and they said it work but not work on firmware 02.30.00 so I ask them refund money no answer it cost me $29.00 that my lesson so if any one have the same my problem don't buy the software from them, they rip off just cheat the people

• Manny
    Manny Posts: 29
    via Wordpress

Hello,
    I have never jailbroken or unlocked my iphone 3g. Nor have I updated it. It's running on version 2.0.2 and I want to unlock my phone. Do I have to first update to 2.2 because I read that the baseband has to be 02.28.00 to work with yellowsn0w. How do I even update to 2.2 since itunes is asking to upgrade to 2.2.1?

• syed
    syed Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

hi i have 3g 16gb wit 2.2 FW unlocked n jailbreak running i need to update wit the latest 2.2.1 without locking my phone coz i had an experience my phone was locked wen i updated 2.2 from 2.1 using itunes it had an emergency call screen only aftr i came across qwick pwn i used it to unlock n jailbreak it.. then it was fine m having cydia n installer in my phone so probably i need my phone in the same condition aftr updating to 2.2.1 "WITH OUT LOCKING IT "can u pls help me wat shud i do any suggestion pls! COZ i saw that in a blog that updating 2.2.1 from 2.2 will make ur phone lock again n will b impossibl to unlock it:-)

• Allan.boy
    Allan.boy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hello Nimo, i have iphone version: 2.2(5G77) operator at&t firmware: 02.28.00, how i can unlock to put any sim man? the yellowsn0w is good?

please write me back! thanks!

• izzySeven
    izzySeven Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I have an unlocked 2nd gen Iphone 2.1 firmware. If I use quickpwn to update to 2.2, will it lock my phone again?

• Ray
    via Wordpress

I've successfuly updated my Iphone 2G to the 2.2.1 version and then unlocked it using pwnage, everything went well except the fact tht it won't allow me to use Wi-fi nor bluetooth ,anyone got a solution to this problem ? Any advice would be appreaciated thanks