QuickPwn 2.2.5-2 for iPhone Firmware 2.2.1 Released for Windows

Comments

• Tonci
    Tonci Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

hey,
    i have a 16gb 1st gen iphone, i last jailbreaked and unlocked more than 3-4 months ago i think. is it worth updating to the latest itunes software and then re-jailbreaking and unlocking? will it update my phone or make any noticable changes?
    cheers,
    Tonci

• Phil
    Phil Posts: 87
    via Wordpress

So, is there still no hope for those who accidentally upgraded their iPhone 3G to OS 2.2.1 (and the baseband with it!)? Any unlock solutions out there?

• Selena
    Selena Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Help! I used version 2.2.5-2 for my first generation iphone! Now it's stuck on the pineapple and buzzes every couple of minutes! I can't do anything what's so ever with it now!

• firas33@gmx.net
    firas33@gmx.net Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi All,

i have an iphone 1G. I updated to firmware 2.2.1. I trying with Quickpwn 225.2 und jailbreak it. It seems to be a hopeless case :-(
    Whenever I reach the final step(change to DFU mode):
    hold home butten for 5 sec.
    hold power & home for 10 sec.
    .....etc.

the connection breaks always up :-(
    Please, can anybody give me a tip?
    thx.
    Fero

• tyler
    tyler Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

So I'm about to get another iPhone 3g 8gb and I'm bored of the usual setup and tired of all the bugs with it. There seems to be a lot of problems with this jailbreak and I'm wondering if it's worth it to jailbreak it when I get a new one. Let me know what I should do.

• mks
    mks Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I have an iphone version 2.2.1 (5H 11) and modem firmwire 02.30.03. Is it possible to unlock and jailbreak this phone ? if yes which tool version ?

Thanking in anticipation
    MKS

• mks
    mks Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Forget to tell My Iphone is 3G

• Jedi Nerd
    Jedi Nerd Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi :D As you know jailbreaking your iphone can void its warranty ... is there anyway to unjailbreak it ?

• David
    David Posts: 225
    via Wordpress

ok so wasup...
    i have a problem on my ipod touch first gen 8gb!
    when I jailbroke it I confused myself and use the iphone firmware instead(i think i did but i am pretty sure.) and after when i turn it on there is a little pinaple on the middle (white) and stays like that for ever! pls help i am really good at this and i just dont get why it dosent work so if anyone can tell me how i can delete everything on it and restart it. (I MEAN EVERYTHING INCLUDING THE SYSTEM AND ALL.) A PROGRAM OR SOMEWAY TO RESTART IT AND PUT IT BACK TO ITS FOR
    Ive tried this:
    restore
    shift+restore and chose the firmware
    cheked dfu mode
    hold power and home for 15 sec and tured off and back on. twice.
    and on QuickPwn225-2 put the firmware on it
    nothing works pls help pls!

• nick
    nick Posts: 219
    via Wordpress

i just jailbroke my 1st gen and lost everything i had added for the last 4 months

• Brant
    Brant Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

When I open quickpwn up I do not see the Unlock Iphone option, I only have the other three options

• Spencer Walls
    Spencer Walls Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi Iphonehacks,

I have a 3g with 2.2 and baseband 02.28.00. I would like to upgrade to firmware 2.2.1 but still be able to unlock in the future. I do not have access to a mac,so is there anywhere I can download custom 2.2.1 firmware or any way I can do it with windows?
    Thanks
    PS, great site.

• Patrick
    Patrick Posts: 124
    via Wordpress

I was playing Tap Tap last night. Then got a text during the game. Closed the text message, then pressed the home button. Responded to the text, and locked the phone.

About 15 mins past, I grab the phone, and low and behold the screen is blank. Pressing power does nothing, home does nothing.

I did a restore, and the phone is now not jailbroken. What gives...thought that is backed up also. I had to jailbreak it again, and find all my themes for winterboard. Is this just me or is this normal.

• Ambrose
    Ambrose Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi all, can anyone tell me what to do with the bootloader while I am unlocking my 1st gen iphone with quickpawn? I can't find any to proceed.

• Zaid
    Zaid Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Hey,

I have a Iphone 2.2.1 (5H11) version with firmware 02.30.03
    So if I want to unlock it, so I can use any sim cards, should I use QuickPwn, or?

Btw: I don't know how to se if it is 2G or 3G, could you help :?

• Dean Hiller
    Dean Hiller Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

When I launch QuickPwn, it detects my device and then tries to find filename with iPhone1,2_2.2.1 and nothing is found. I search the iTune directory for iPhone1* and nothing is found. I have itunes 8.1.0.52. where is this file? I right clicked on iPhone and chose backup to backup my device. I can't get past the second step in the software, please help?

• albrteny
    albrteny Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Please DO not use QuickPwn if you want to unlock your iPhone 3G.,,

but if i already did that is that mean i'll never unlock my iphone again by any way,,
    please write me back,,cause really i'm in trouble.

• K1
    K1 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I using quickPWN few days ago to jailbreak my phone, installed some apps and noticed my phone freezing up, so stupid enough that I was, i used itunes to restore my iphone and of course itunes upgraded my firmware to 2.2.1 and now im screwed....my phone is stuck on recovery mode and will fail the firmware restore, no matter what version (2.0, 2.1, 2.2) i try to use.

any helppp would be greatly appreciated

• Jyoti Swarup Singh
    via Wordpress

Hi iphone Hacks Team,

I bought an iphone 3G 16gb last week and it has firmware 2.2.1 and modem version 2.30, I actually travel a lot of countries and cant keep to one carrier, so I need to unlock my iphone so that I can use it on any carrier in any country. Firstly, can it be done? and if yes then how??

Thanks

JSS

• Val
    Val Posts: 60
    via Wordpress

Now that I unlocked my Iphone (2G) which what program can use to unlock SIM and use other than AT&T sim card?

I would need to load this prog from PC because I can't use my sim.

hank you!

• syed
    syed Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

hi all ,, i have iphone 3g,16gb wit firmware 2.2,, 1st it was 2.1 aftr upgrading to 2.2 , unlocking , jailbreaking my phone,, i found my iphone turn to heating machine while i use wifi,mail, safari or if i play any game or so,,, i saw loads of gigs n gags abt the firmware 2.2.1,it will update the baseband so yellowsnow cant unlock it,can any of my friend out there can suggest me to upgrade my firmware without ,, re locking n un jailbraking my iphone plsssssssssssss,,lots of thanx in advance!!

• syed
    via Wordpress

hey dude ,, just try the same procedure again wat u have done n make sure u uncheck the "relpace boot logo" option:-)

• Robert Buzink
    Robert Buzink Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I think it would be good to include this information in the scenarios part of this tutorial. There seems to be confusion about this. A friend of mine also thought that by jailbreaking his newly bought iPhone with 2.2.1 installed on it, he would not be able to use future unlock hacks. the addition could be something like this:

"Locked iPhone 3G - already running firmware 2.2.1

If your iPhone is already running firmware 2.2.1 because you upgraded or because you bought it that way, you can jailbreak your phone using this method without hesitation. It is not possible to unlock your phone at this time. Not before and not after the jailbreak. Jailbreaking your phone has no consequences for possible future unlocking methods."

• Robert Buzink
    Robert Buzink Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Locked iPhone 3G - already running firmware 2.2.1

If your iPhone is already running firmware 2.2.1 because you upgraded or because you bought it that way, you can jailbreak your phone using this method without hesitation. It is not possible to unlock your phone at this time. Not before and not after the jailbreak. Jailbreaking your phone has no consequences for possible future unlocking methods.

• syed
    via Wordpress

pls any one help me about my comment above :-(

• syed
    via Wordpress

sorry my phone is running 2.2 n i want to update it to 2.2.1 with out locking or unjailbreaking it,, thanx for ur help

• Rohit
    Rohit Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

Can Anyone help me out...i own an iphone 2g (16Gb)...i had jailbroken it earlier...i accidently upgraded it to 2.2.1...now the only screen that displays is of emergency calls..and shows the itunes and usb logo on the screen...it does not detect my siim...i live in india...can someone help me out...can some one tell me the procedure to jailbreak and unlock my iphone using quickpwn...i have downloaded quickpwn...but dont know how to run it...how do i restore iphone when it is not being detected in the itunes...if i keep my sim in it it displays incorrect sim...if i dont it says please insert sim...help me out guys...i'm freaking out..

• Rohit
    Rohit Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

hey guys ...common help me out .....i'm in big trouble...please can someone answer my queries above...please...i need help asap

• syed
    via Wordpress

hey rohit,, unfortunately u r another victim of 2.2.1,, it has a very typical baseband in the firmware 2.2.1 which locks ur iphone drastically ,, now wat all u need to do is u got to wait for the dev team to launch the cracked version of firmware 2.2.1 ...can u let me knw wat all u tried on to ur phone??

• syed
    via Wordpress

hey rohit if u get back to my mail id .....syedsyed21@gmail.com...probably i cud help u out m not sure let me try:-)