QuickPwn 2.2.5-2 for iPhone Firmware 2.2.1 Released for Windows

Comments

• Ray
    Ray Posts: 121
    via Wordpress

My problem is exactly the opposite of urs, i can call and receive calls etc but can't get my wi-fi to work anymore

• Robbyray
    Robbyray Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

hey

i used the quick pwn 2.2.5-2 to unlock my iphone after i updated it but not it doesnt get any signal. ive tried taking the sim card out, cleaning it and putting it back in but it still has no signal. whats going on???

• Bradyramone
    Bradyramone Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

hi i want to know how can i know if my iphone 3g is locked or it is factory unlocked? and if it is factory unlocked i can just jailbreak my phone(that is 2.2.1 (02.30.03))using the normal method in here and use it normally unlocked?
    thanks

• Bradyramone
    via Wordpress

please reply to this one.
    thanks so much

• Lutfar Rahman Nirjhar
    via Wordpress

Hi,
    My Modem Firmware updated into 02.30.03 and now I can't use this phone with my SIM. Can anyone one tell me how to unlock it? I have jailbreaked it successfully. But can't use this device as a Phone. Please help me.

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Hey Robbyray,

After you have jailbroken your iPhone, you need to unlock it using dev
    team's yellowsn0w app.

Checkout this guide for more details:
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/2009/01/unlock-3g-guide.html

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Hey Lutfar,

Currently there is no software method available to unlock iPhone 3G with its
    baseband upgraded to 02.30.03.

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

With a factory unlock iPhone 3G, you should be able to use any carrier SIM.
    If you can't use any other carrier SIM then it is locked. If you can but
    haven't jailbroken or unlocked it before its most likely factory unlocked.

You can jailbreak iPhone running firmware 2.2.1 and baseband 02.30.03, you
    can checkout this guide for more details:
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/2009/02/stepbystep-guide-to-jailbreak-iphone-3g-running-firmware-221-using-quickpwn-2252-windows.html

• del
    del Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

Iphone 2G, worked great.

Thank you!

• Robbyray
    via Wordpress

but i have the iphone first generation. it says that the quickpwn should work... and on the yellowsn0w it says that i should use quickpwn because it hasnt been used on the iphone first gen.

so should i just keep trying quick pwn till it works or use yellowsn0w?

• Robbyray
    via Wordpress

when i tick the option to unlock my iphone it says that i need to browse for the iphone bootloaders v3.9 and 4.6 files. what are these and where do i get them?

• Bradyramone
    via Wordpress

I asked my service provider and said that it is locked and i have to pay €70 for them to remove this lock.
    Does that mean I can't jailbreak my iPhone and use it as a normal phone too?

• dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress

Hi, is anyone else experiencing problems trying to update with QuickPWN2.2.5-2? When i run quickpwn it does not pass the first point of the process. It simply restarts the iPhone and im stuck with a screen with an itunes logo and USB on it. I then have to do a restore with itunes to fix it.

I'm using iPhone3G, 2.2.1 - 16GB on Vista64 bit. Thanks in advance for your help!

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Unlocking and Jailbreaking are two different things.

Unlocking allows you to use any GSM carrier. So if you aren't planning to
    change the carrier, you don't need to unlock your iPhone.

Jailbreaking allows you to install jailbreak apps via Cydia. You can always
    jailbreak your iPhone.

• Dm
    Dm Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

i have the 2g and for the longest time i had the 1.1.4

i used the quickPwn and it works. but now for some reason i cant add music to my iphone. it says an error occurred while restoring this iphone (-48)

can anyone help me out??

• mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress

Ok so i have an iPhone 3G. I just got it a week ago. 2.2.1 is on it right now. i downloaded the quickpwn 2.2.5-2. I open it up and it tells me to look for the file called iPhone1,2_2.2.1. Where do i find this and what's next. I'm really lost.

• Bradyramone
    via Wordpress

The jailbreak worked just fine! thanks for the help.
    the first reboot will take a little longer than normal, as i tought it got stuck, the the phone vibrated for about two times and after a moment it started. thanks

• Odaia
    Odaia Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi. I have a 1st gen iphone with a 2.0 version (unlocked). Can I follow these steps to upgrade or what should I do to have the latest version UNLOCKED?
    It's very important that I have it unlocked because I live in Argentina, so I need to be able to put any sim on it.
    Thanks in advance,
    O

• j.h.healy@blueyonder.co.uk
    via Wordpress

Hello.

I have an iphone 3g 16gb. Brand new from Apple so its on 2.2.1 already. I want to jailbreak it and do want to unlock it to all networks. I have read up on this and i dont think there is a way to unlock this yet is there? But if i just want to jailbreak it i use quickpwn 2.2.5-2? if i do this if there is a crack to unlock it in the future, can i still use it?

• Ed
    Ed Posts: 110
    via Wordpress

Hi there I have a 3g iphone with tmobile but I did the mistake to upgrade my iphone from itunes and now i can not use it. What do you sugest me please?

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Unfortunately at this point of time there is no method to unlock iPhone 3G
    running firmware 2.2.1 and baseband 02.30.03.

• syed
    syed Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

hi i have a iphone 3g unlocked, jailbroke wit 2.2 firmware,, can any one pls suggest me how can i neatly update my firmware 2.2.1 without locking my phone ??

• syed
    syed Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

hi tat was the same **** of prob i suffered wen i bought iphone 3g.. i updated the firmware 2.1 to 2.2 ,,,it locked my phone i wasn't able to browse any thing apart frm the emergency screen on my apple...firmware 2.2.1 contains the tough baseband operation which will lock ur phone wen u update it using itunes, as of now the quickpwn team n the yellowsnow team r working hard to crack it down..may b u have to wait for some more days ,,thy will release the modified firmware for it.." or u may try wit the pwning tool instead the itunes update which u can get it from quickpwn.com download it n install then download the firmware 2.2 n try to downgrade ur firmware,hope it may work it for you!!!

• lfaymann@hotmail.com
    via Wordpress

Hello I have an iphone 3g 16mb, and would like to jailbreak it, dont really care about unlocking it.I downloaded quickpwn 2.2.5. when i run it I get a message "unhandled exception" can you help me with this?

• DaB
    DaB Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Hey guys,, I am new to the iPhone world and need your advice. I bought myself a new phone, with version 2.2.1 and firmware 02.30.00, as I want the GPS function. (Guess if I am disappointed to learn about the limitations!!)

However.. I want it jailbreaked now, AND will need it unlocked within 4 months. What should I do, wait for the update of QuickPwn, or would that mess everything up?

How long does it usually take for the new cracks to come?

thanks/
    B

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Hey DAB,

Welcome to the iPhone world.

Since your iPhone came bundled with firmware 2.2.1 and baseband 02.30.03,
    you will need to wait for the dev team to release updated tools to unlock
    your iPhone 3G as it is not possible currently. They haven't mentioned if
    they plan to work on it, so its anybody's guess with regards to how much
    time it will take.

However, you can use QuickPwn 2.2.5-2 to jailbreak your iPhone without
    worrying about preserving your baseband as it is already on 02.30.03. But
    please proceed with caution.

• DaB
    via Wordpress

actually have 02.30.03

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Yeah figured that, so answered that assuming you had 02.30.03.

• DaB
    via Wordpress

thanks.. I guess I will have to chant to the iPhone gods or pay a ridiculous amount of money to solve this.

Proceed with caution, why? I have been reading a bit and goggling the hacks. As I understand the "brick"-risk isnt that big?

Thanks for great info!!

//B

• grumps
    grumps Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

i cant get past screen saying browse for correct software but i know its 2.2.1. but cant find it or type that in please help someone as when i done this on previous iphone it when thro this itself