Step-by-Step Guide to Jailbreak iPhone 3G running Firmware 2.2.1 using QuickPwn 2.2.5-2 (Windows)

Comments

• cherie
    cherie Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

I did this after restore but BEFORE syncing contacts and it appears everything worked fine! Thank you so much!

• tandy
    tandy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi,

Works perfectly with FW 2.2.1 + ITunes 8. Like Monolito, got stuck at Apple screen for 60 secs but all good.

Thanks for your guide.

• cherie
    cherie Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

I LIED!!! I cant make any calls or receive any calls. I am completely detached from my network! I guess no jail breaking for me unless I can sort this out:(

• trueblooded
    trueblooded Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hello, I managed to jailbreak my iphone 3G but the problem is now, itunes cannot copy my cracked apps I downloaded from appulous. Did I miss anything? Is there a file I should download before itunes could recognise the cracked apps?

• Melissa
    Melissa Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

I am trying to jail brake my iphone 3g, I installed everything the firmware twice, I can not find it when the the second screen comes up with the browse option? where did the file go/\

• The Godfather
    The Godfather Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

For those of you who had their screen frozen after jailbreaking, what I did was download the 2.2.1 from the link on this page that is from Apple. Even though I already had 2.2.1 I figured why not. Then I restored my failed jailbreaked phone with the newly downloaded firmware, but I did not restore the backup. I then jailbreaked with quickpwnd and it worked. As I type, I'm restoring now with my prior backup and it sohuld be just fine and I should have all my contacts etc.

• lyn-z
    lyn-z Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

this was so easy..worked instantly...i had no trouble what so ever but then again im a pretty technical person.

• erick
    erick Posts: 17
    via Wordpress

HELP...
    I just finished step 9 and the apple logo came up and now i can't get out of it and i did 3 reboots
    CANT GET TO THE UNLOCK PAGE!!!
    i also tried starting itunes but would just give me two vibrates and the camera thing would come up like 5 times now. somebody help me?

• Keith
    Keith Posts: 63
    via Wordpress

I was a bit of a wuss about jailbreaking - thanks for holding my hand throughout the process!

Works perfectly.

• Jacco
    Jacco Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

The last solution worked directly. All files and contacts are still here and all apps appear to be working. Great stuff!!

• Ryan
    Ryan Posts: 260
    via Wordpress

Hey man, i had the same problem with my iphone. Just leave your phone connected after the new image has been flashed. Give it about 10 seconds then open up itunes. After itunes is opened for about 30 sec(it will appear as if it froze up), your phone will come back to life along with your previously installed apps. Hope this helps some one. Peace and keep real.

• Djlevel9
    Djlevel9 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Iphone-Unlock-Jailbreak-upto---2.2.1
    this worked follow the Instructions as it tells you to hold PWR AND HOme Key down reboots then Pineapplne Cydia abd Installers there but how to I crack the sim now to use and make calls any one know?

• Djlevel9
    Djlevel9 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Sponsored Results

The Ultimate Iphone Unlock [Working.Version]
    Active

The Ultimate Iphone Unlock [Cracked]
    Active

The Ultimate Iphone Unlock.rar
    Active

The Ultimate Iphone Unlock
    Active

**** Results

I got Mine from The **** Search Engines Search

• Kitz
    Kitz Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

i did everything step by step
    the progress was great
    but then when i put the AT&T Sim card in
    it doesnt work
    it seem to not get any signal at all
    and i cant make any phone call
    so any help?

• Sam Chafin
    Sam Chafin Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I did this but when i boot it up it does not do any thing but stay at the boot screen. Would someone please tell me what to do.

• javaman
    javaman Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

This don't work. Bricks your iPhone and leaves it with a pineapple logo.

• Baalroo
    Baalroo Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

It took me two tries to get this to work, this first time she froze on the load up screen (black screen with apple logo). I had to restore it to factory in iTunes, and on the seconde try it worked like a charm.

• javaman
    javaman Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

Finally some progress.
    BTW, when I did this update, it appeared to go through the whole update scenario. Here is what went down:

(1) On Mac - Sending 018-4443-16.dmg 22531KB
    (2) On Mac - Sending kernelcache,release.s518900x
    (3) On iPhone - Flashing NOR (Running Pineapple logo)
    (4) On iPhone - Installing Bundles
    (5) On iPhone - Syncing Filesystems
    (6) On iPhone - Rebooting
    (7) On iPhone - Pineapple logo!!!! forever

So now some good luck for me. I started with the PC page, then read the Mac page. Luckilly the Mac page had the details of how to put the phone in firmware mode. Turn off device, Turn on device with both power and home for 10 seconds, then release just power while still holding home for another 10 secs. All this while connected to itunes. This allowed me to restore my iphone via itunes to its original appleness. Next, I figure since I am no long en pineapple brick mode, that I should be able to get out of it again if I screw things up again. So this time I skipped the part in this write up where it said:

If your iPhone 3G firmware Version is 2.2.1 (5H11) and Modem Firmware is 02.30.03 then you are ready to jailbreak your iPhone 3G, you can skip directly to "Jailbreak iPhone 3G using QuickPwn" below.

When I first tried this process, I looked at the about screen in the iPhone and verified that this was true so I skipped straigth to jailbreaking with QuickPwn. Big mistake! Maybe this is not the case for everyone, but this was the case for me. I went ahead and did this file-style firmware update to my iPhone (even though I already had 2.2.1) anyway. Next I did the jailbreak with QuickPwn and badabing ... I'm good.

• reza
    reza Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

why ican't execute the quickpawn program??it says encountered a problem..i've tried in 3 computers..

• nake
    nake Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

HHIII All the cool guys
    I followed the steps and I got the message jailbreak was successful. But my phone didn't reboot. it was stuck with the apple logo on the screen.
    wait about 20 mins. nothing happened,
    I ran the Quickpwn.exe again but only went two steps,my phone came back online.
    all apps are running, Works fine
    Greaaaate

Big thanks to Dev Team

• joe pendlebury
    joe pendlebury Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I followed all these steps however once everything had uploaded the phone rebooted as it said it should but it has just stayed on the apple icon it will not start up and it does not appear in itunes so there is nothing i can do, i have tried redoing the process and still no sucsess can anyone offer any support?

• marcos
    marcos Posts: 26
    via Wordpress

Just a minor suggestion for newbies, just like me (it took me several weeks to figure it out). Firmware is downloaded as .ZIP file. For QuickPwn to accept the firmware bundle, it it necessary to change the file from .ZIP to .IPSW extension (In my case, I did it through Prompt Command). As DOS doesn't seem to accept long file names, I rename the downloaded file in the Windows to "iPhone", then in the Prompt Command rename it to "iPhone.ipsw", and finally rename it in the Windows to "iPhone1,2_2.2.1_5H11_Restore". With this simple procedure, I was able to follow all the instructions of this tutorial.
    Now my iPhone is finally jailbroken!
    Thank you veru much!!!

• saithant
    saithant Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hello iPhoneHacks,

Please I want to know whether the jailbreaking process of iPhone3G 2.2.1 and iPod Touch2G 2.2.1 are the same??

I want to jailbreak my iPod touch2G 2.2.1. How can i do this??

• shutter
    shutter Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

you are lousy user. you better thraw your iphone. Mind everything is fine.

• Derek Gadey
    Derek Gadey Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Everytime I am suppose to go into DFU mode, my iphone just stays turned off and quickpwn says that there could be something wrong with the cable but I dont think thats it. I have an iphone 3g running firmware 2.2.1. Thanks in advance.

• punjabi
    punjabi Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

you need to download one app from the apple store in order to download apps from the instalous

• deadlyjoker@gmail.com
    via Wordpress

This thing worked for now lets see how the programs run on it

• Sai Ganesh
    Sai Ganesh Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi frnd

i am from INDIA & i have purchased iphone 16G.B for the 1st time when i connected iphone to pc & opend itunes it has asked for update. i have updated it. now my iphone version is 2.2.1(5H11) & modem firmware is 02.30.03.

Now my problem is that i need it to unlock (locked with "AIRTEL" service provider).

Can you say me what i have to do ?

nad another problem i am facing it is my phone has RESTRICTIONS as "ON" i need to "OFF" it but its asking some passcode. i dont what is that code.

Kindly help me in this regarding matters for which i shall be very thankfull.

Kindly mail me as soon as possible !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• K K
    K K Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Thank you! This worked great for me. Luckily, i didn't seem to have any problems. Yay!

• stu
    stu Posts: 48
    via Wordpress

Quick note of thanks for the step-by-step guide.

Incredibly simple to follow and really helped a first time jailbreak on iPhone 3G running 2.2.1 firmware.

Now to find out even more neat things I can do to my phone! Thanks again.