Step-by-Step Guide to Jailbreak iPhone 3G running Firmware 2.2.1 using QuickPwn 2.2.5-2 (Windows)

Comments

• Lukas
    Lukas Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

I just jailbroke my 3g iphone with all the latest firmware, and everything went fine up until it reloaded and told me there was no SIM installed...any ideas?

• Juffe
    Juffe Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Big Thanks, it seems to work just fine! keep up the really good work!

Jeers from Finland!

Juffe

• nick
    nick Posts: 219
    via Wordpress

My Iphone has service threw AT&T. Will jailbreaking my phone kill my service and make my phone useless? I find no information on that in any blogs on the internet.

• Chao
    Chao Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Thanks, this was awesome. It worked for me on my 3G 2.2.1. The part where you hold the buttons was a little confusing because the prompts came before I counted to the right number of seconds. But it worked. I'm installing apps now. Whoohoo.

• Vincent
    Vincent Posts: 37
    via Wordpress

hi,
    i bought iphone3g with fw 2.2.1 ,modem fw 02.30.03 few weeks ago and i would like to jailbreak it now

since i have gone through the posts

so,correct me if i am wrong

1)at this moment unlocking this fw is not possible but i can jailbreak it

2) i need quickpwn225_2 and iPhone1,2_2.2.1_5H11_Restore.ipsw file to do the jailbreaking

3)start from the instructions as under

**Jailbreak iPhone 3G using QuickPwn 2.2.5-2:**

Well thats the most basic questions which i would like someone to answer

and the last question is do i have to follow the instructions under

**Update your iPhone 3G to iPhone Firmware 2.2.1:**

thnx in advance

• carinto
    carinto Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

iPod touch 1st GEN wont work with this patch!

• Vincent
    Vincent Posts: 37
    via Wordpress

hi this is vincent again
    just jailbreaked my iphone 3g
    had some problems
    i am using vista 32bit
    so when i started jailbreaking, when the application puts the iphone in recovery mode usualy it finds the driver but in my case
    it appered to find new hardware and results were window cannot find the apple device discovery (dsu or dfu) recovery mode
    i tried to find online through windows but all windows could answer was cannot find the drivers
    and everytime i switched on my iphone it said connect it to itune but it use to find the apple device discovery drivers
    tried to google but didnt help
    after 2 hours i uninstalled itunes and installed it again
    and then finally bang bang boom headshot
    jailbreaked it!!!!
    havent installed any applications at this moment
    but downloading some
    as sson it works in my iphone 'll update the blog here

thanks to all the users to share the valualble information and to all the dev teams
    very very thank you and appreciated ur work

thans guys

• Tom
    Tom Posts: 314
    via Wordpress

How do you find out what version of itunes you have and is there any chance of my phone being bricked?

• syed
    syed Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

hey team,
    You guys rock! works great......chillin now....
    lil bit hackin......

• dylan_conolan@hotmail.com
    via Wordpress

hey ive just jailbroken my iphone but after everything and turning back on its still on the screen with the pinnapple. how long is it meant to stay on that screen for? am i meant to do something?

• Alvin
    Alvin Posts: 28
    via Wordpress

I just bought my iPhone 3G 4 days ago and looking to unlock it. I followed the instructions from A-Z and I keep getting stuck on Step 4 when using QuickPwn when you're actually jailbreaking the iPhone. Mine kept saying: "The IPSW file you selected (iPhone1,1_2.2.1) does not match the firmware version of your device (iPhone1,2_2.2.1). Please note that QuickPwn does not upgrade your firmware, it only jailbreaks whatever firmware you currently have on your device".

My PC spec has the .Net 3.5 SP1, using the QuickPwn 225-2. My iPhone Version is 2.2.1 (5H11) & Modem Firm is 02.30.03.

I've downloaded the iPhone1,1_2.2.1_5H11_Restore.ipsw from Apple and other sites, but QuickPwn 225-2 is not letting me pass through Step 4. What is going on?

• Alvin
    Alvin Posts: 28
    via Wordpress

Here is my log file:

/home/planetbeing/xpwn-back/pwnmetheus/windows.c:GetDeviceDLL:164: looking for driver at iTunesMobileDevice.dll
    /home/planetbeing/xpwn-back/pwnmetheus/windows.c:initWindowsPrivateFunctions:118: Enter dll version lookup loop
    /home/planetbeing/xpwn-back/pwnmetheus/windows.c:initWindowsPrivateFunctions:132: iTunes Version Major cd0007 Minor 13
    Unsupported iTunesMobileDevice.dll Version Major cd0007 Minor 13
    /home/planetbeing/xpwn-back/pwnmetheus/windows.c:AMDeviceNotificationSubscribe:322: calling Windows AMDeviceNotificationSubscribe
    /home/planetbeing/xpwn-back/pwnmetheus/windows.c:AMRestoreRegisterForDeviceNotifications:335: calling Windows AMRestoreRegisterForDeviceNotifications
    /home/planetbeing/xpwn-back/pwnmetheus/pwnmetheus.c:notification:690: device notification
    /home/planetbeing/xpwn-back/pwnmetheus/windows.c:AMRestoreEnableFileLogging:347: calling Windows AMRestoreEnableFileLogging
    /home/planetbeing/xpwn-back/pwnmetheus/pwnmetheus.c:DeviceGetValue:806: DeviceGetValue called
    /home/planetbeing/xpwn-back/pwnmetheus/windows.c:AMDeviceConnect:377: calling Windows AMDeviceConnect
    /home/planetbeing/xpwn-back/pwnmetheus/pwnmetheus.c:DeviceGetValue:808: AMDeviceConnect: 0
    /home/planetbeing/xpwn-back/pwnmetheus/windows.c:AMDeviceIsPaired:383: calling Windows AMDeviceIsPaired
    /home/planetbeing/xpwn-back/pwnmetheus/pwnmetheus.c:DeviceGetValue:809: AMDeviceIsPaired: 1
    /home/planetbeing/xpwn-back/pwnmetheus/windows.c:AMDeviceValidatePairing:395: calling Windows AMDeviceValidatePairing
    /home/planetbeing/xpwn-back/pwnmetheus/pwnmetheus.c:DeviceGetValue:814: AMDeviceValidatePairing: 0
    /home/planetbeing/xpwn-back/pwnmetheus/windows.c:AMDeviceStartSession:401: calling Windows AMDeviceStartSession
    /home/planetbeing/xpwn-back/pwnmetheus/pwnmetheus.c:DeviceGetValue:822: AMDeviceStartSession: 0
    /home/planetbeing/xpwn-back/pwnmetheus/windows.c:AMDeviceCopyValue:407: calling Windows AMDeviceCopyValue
    /home/planetbeing/xpwn-back/pwnmetheus/pwnmetheus.c:DeviceGetValue:823: AMDeviceCopyValue(ProductVersion): 0p3b95d00
    /home/planetbeing/xpwn-back/pwnmetheus/pwnmetheus.c:DeviceGetValue:825: CFStringGetCString: 1
    /home/planetbeing/xpwn-back/pwnmetheus/pwnmetheus.c:DeviceGetValue:806: DeviceGetValue called
    /home/planetbeing/xpwn-back/pwnmetheus/windows.c:AMDeviceConnect:377: calling Windows AMDeviceConnect
    /home/planetbeing/xpwn-back/pwnmetheus/pwnmetheus.c:DeviceGetValue:808: AMDeviceConnect: 0
    /home/planetbeing/xpwn-back/pwnmetheus/windows.c:AMDeviceIsPaired:383: calling Windows AMDeviceIsPaired
    /home/planetbeing/xpwn-back/pwnmetheus/pwnmetheus.c:DeviceGetValue:809: AMDeviceIsPaired: 1
    /home/planetbeing/xpwn-back/pwnmetheus/windows.c:AMDeviceValidatePairing:395: calling Windows AMDeviceValidatePairing
    /home/planetbeing/xpwn-back/pwnmetheus/pwnmetheus.c:DeviceGetValue:814: AMDeviceValidatePairing: 0
    /home/planetbeing/xpwn-back/pwnmetheus/windows.c:AMDeviceStartSession:401: calling Windows AMDeviceStartSession
    /home/planetbeing/xpwn-back/pwnmetheus/pwnmetheus.c:DeviceGetValue:822: AMDeviceStartSession: 0
    /home/planetbeing/xpwn-back/pwnmetheus/windows.c:AMDeviceCopyValue:407: calling Windows AMDeviceCopyValue
    /home/planetbeing/xpwn-back/pwnmetheus/pwnmetheus.c:DeviceGetValue:823: AMDeviceCopyValue(ProductType): 0p3b6e080
    /home/planetbeing/xpwn-back/pwnmetheus/pwnmetheus.c:DeviceGetValue:825: CFStringGetCString: 1
    Hashing IPSW...

Matching IPSW in C:\Users\Alvin.Stranger\Desktop\pwnage\QuickPwn-225-2\QuickPwn\Data\PwnmetheusBundles... (43b95ebe...)

checking: C:\Users\Alvin.Stranger\Desktop\pwnage\QuickPwn-225-2\QuickPwn\Data\PwnmetheusBundles\.DS_Store\Info.plist

checking: C:\Users\Alvin.Stranger\Desktop\pwnage\QuickPwn-225-2\QuickPwn\Data\PwnmetheusBundles\iPhone1,1_2.0.1_5B108.bundle\Info.plist

checking: C:\Users\Alvin.Stranger\Desktop\pwnage\QuickPwn-225-2\QuickPwn\Data\PwnmetheusBundles\iPhone1,1_2.0.2_5C1.bundle\Info.plist

checking: C:\Users\Alvin.Stranger\Desktop\pwnage\QuickPwn-225-2\QuickPwn\Data\PwnmetheusBundles\iPhone1,1_2.1_5F136.bundle\Info.plist

checking: C:\Users\Alvin.Stranger\Desktop\pwnage\QuickPwn-225-2\QuickPwn\Data\PwnmetheusBundles\iPhone1,1_2.2.1_5H11.bundle\Info.plist

Hashing IPSW...

Matching IPSW in C:\Users\Alvin.Stranger\Desktop\pwnage\QuickPwn-225-2\QuickPwn\Data\PwnmetheusBundles... (43b95ebe...)

checking: C:\Users\Alvin.Stranger\Desktop\pwnage\QuickPwn-225-2\QuickPwn\Data\PwnmetheusBundles\.DS_Store\Info.plist

checking: C:\Users\Alvin.Stranger\Desktop\pwnage\QuickPwn-225-2\QuickPwn\Data\PwnmetheusBundles\iPhone1,1_2.0.1_5B108.bundle\Info.plist

checking: C:\Users\Alvin.Stranger\Desktop\pwnage\QuickPwn-225-2\QuickPwn\Data\PwnmetheusBundles\iPhone1,1_2.0.2_5C1.bundle\Info.plist

checking: C:\Users\Alvin.Stranger\Desktop\pwnage\QuickPwn-225-2\QuickPwn\Data\PwnmetheusBundles\iPhone1,1_2.1_5F136.bundle\Info.plist

checking: C:\Users\Alvin.Stranger\Desktop\pwnage\QuickPwn-225-2\QuickPwn\Data\PwnmetheusBundles\iPhone1,1_2.2.1_5H11.bundle\Info.plist

/home/planetbeing/xpwn-back/pwnmetheus/pwnmetheus.c:notification:690: device notification
    /home/planetbeing/xpwn-back/pwnmetheus/pwnmetheus.c:DeviceGetValue:808: AMDeviceConnect: e8000065
    /home/planetbeing/xpwn-back/pwnmetheus/pwnmetheus.c:DeviceGetValue:814: AMDeviceValidatePairing: e8000001
    /home/planetbeing/xpwn-back/pwnmetheus/windows.c:AMDevicePair:389: calling Windows AMDevicePair
    /home/planetbeing/xpwn-back/pwnmetheus/pwnmetheus.c:DeviceGetValue:817: AMDevicePair: e8000001
    /home/planetbeing/xpwn-back/pwnmetheus/pwnmetheus.c:DeviceGetValue:818: AMDeviceIsPaired: 1
    /home/planetbeing/xpwn-back/pwnmetheus/pwnmetheus.c:DeviceGetValue:819: AMDeviceValidatePairing: e8000001
    /home/planetbeing/xpwn-back/pwnmetheus/pwnmetheus.c:DeviceGetValue:822: AMDeviceStartSession: e8000001
    /home/planetbeing/xpwn-back/pwnmetheus/pwnmetheus.c:DeviceGetValue:823: AMDeviceCopyValue(UniqueDeviceID): 0
    /home/planetbeing/xpwn-back/pwnmetheus/pwnmetheus.c:DeviceGetValue:823: AMDeviceCopyValue(UniqueDeviceID): 0p3bba708
    /home/planetbeing/xpwn-back/pwnmetheus/pwnmetheus.c:DeviceGetValue:823: AMDeviceCopyValue(ProductType): 0p3b6e100
    /home/planetbeing/xpwn-back/pwnmetheus/pwnmetheus.c:DeviceGetValue:823: AMDeviceCopyValue(ProductVersion): 0p3b95d48

• ***SS***
    ***SS*** Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Worked!, after struggling for a few hours

I think this will help people with PC`s

The first thing, with the ipsw and zip problem, just browse for the zip file and copy paste the name in there (iPhone1,2_2.2.1_5H11_Restore.ipsw.zip) that will work

Second thing, the error “your device has connected in the wrong mode”
    Just use another usb port, do not use a usb hub.

***SS***

• waqas
    waqas Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

thank you... it works great.:)

• twezzyfbaby
    twezzyfbaby Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

hey i already have a jb iphone 3g wit 2.2 if i update to 2.2.1 will i lose the stuff that i already got off of cydia? and if so how would i go about saving it?

• matt
    matt Posts: 283
    via Wordpress

can you still make phone calls and send sms if you jail break your iphone

• jonathan chappell
    via Wordpress

I have unlocked my phone but when I try and make a call it does not give me the options and just goes back to home screen after 5 seconds. Is there some sort of fix. I am using the latest quickpwn225-2.
    Help please.

• none@goaway.com
    none@goaway.com Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Learn how to spell you fucktard.

• jonathan chappell
    via Wordpress

I have jailbreaked mine and I cant make calls, text is still working.

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Are you using an iPhone carrier or trying to use some other carrier?

If you are using some other carrier then you will also need to unlock it.

• Jonathan
    Jonathan Posts: 40
    via Wordpress

Im not sure what else im supposed to do, I have jailbreaked it and it has given me the two icons cydia and installer. Is there something else I should be down loading, My provider is o2.

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

What's the issue? and what did you want to do?

• Jonathan
    Jonathan Posts: 40
    via Wordpress

At the moment, all I have done is completed the above to jailbreak the phone. I have the 2 applications now on the screen. When I click on the phone Icon to make a call it opens up but there is no words. If I try and make a call it just returns to home screen. After 5 seconds when clicked on the phone Icon again it returns to home screen. I can send and receive texts but not make a call. What am I missing.
    Thanks J

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Are you using an iPhone carrier? or trying to use some other carrier? If its
    the later then you will need to use yellowsn0w to unlock it.

• trioek
    trioek Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
  • fong
    fong Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

hey...i can't see my singtel..seems that my sim isn't in use

• ronaldo
    ronaldo Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Hi iPhoneHacks,
    I have similar issue. Got the latest .ipsw (iPhone1,2_2.2.1_5H11_Restore.ipsw) and QuickPwn225-2.zip. The process seems to complete flawlesly however when trying to synch with new apps, it gave me the "unable to verified" type of error. Please help?

• Iphoneuser
    Iphoneuser Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

Hi... I have problem with the holding home etc step...
    coz idk which power button i should hold... if i hold my pc power button it will shutdown... if i hold the iphone power button it does nothing... and because of my old type keyboard i dont have power-key on my keyboard...

can any1 help me with this problem?

• ShadyHady
    ShadyHady Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Ok, for those who made the same mistake I did and ended up stuck on the apple logo screen...

I didn't restore the iphone using the downloaded file: iPhone1,2_2.2.1_5H11_Restore.ipsw

I missed this because this statement wasn't very clear:
    "If your iPhone 3G firmware Version is 2.2.1 (5H11) and Modem Firmware is 02.30.03 then you are ready to jailbreak your iPhone 3G, you can skip directly to "Jailbreak iPhone 3G using QuickPwn" below. "

Anyway, to fix the stuck iphone, you must launch QwickPwn.exe again and run through the steps until you get to the part where you have to hold down the button sequence.

When the QuickPwn screen says that it is putting the iphone into recovery mode, wait for the itunes image to appear on the iphone screen (a usb plug pointing towards the itunes logo) - then pull out the usb connector from the iphone. Launch itunes and then plug the iphone back in. Itunes will recognise the iphone and says it needs to restore it.

Go ahead an restore it and then start the jailbreak process again... BUT MAKE SURE YOU RESTORE THE IPHONE USING THE DOWNLOADED FILE FIRST.

Hope this helps :)

• Phil
    Phil Posts: 87
    via Wordpress

PLZ HELPPPPPP...
    I've followed the instructions. But My phone's stuck At connecting to recovery mode.
    Iphone 3G 2.2.1
    PLZ HELP