Step By Step Guide to Jailbreak iPhone 3G running iPhone OS 3.1 using PwnageTool 3.1

Comments

• Rahat Islam
    Rahat Islam Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

If I do the jailbreak on a mac, won't my iphone be synced to only that mac... and is there a way to change the sync from one computer to another without system restore?

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

There is either a problem with the custom firmware you're using or the other
    option would to try restoring it using the custom firmware file using
    another computer.

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

You can use the Mac to use the PwnageTool to create the custom firmware file
    and then restore your iPhone using the custom firmware file on your
    computer.

• Iphoneuser
    Iphoneuser Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

Thanks for every thing Dev team. I have a question is it possible to downgrade back to 3.0.1 if one has used pwnage tool custom made ipsw to upgrade to 3.1.
    iPhoneHacks expert opinion would matter a lot.

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

I'm assuming you have an iPhone 3G, in which case you can downgrade to
    iPhone 3.0.1 by restoring with a iPhone OS 3.0.1 firmware file. However,
    please note if you haven't used PwnageTool to preserve the baseband then
    downgrading to iPhone OS 3.0.1 won't downgrade the baseband.

• Coolwave
    Coolwave Posts: 20
    via Wordpress

I finial got my iphone 3g to downgrade to 3.0 i restore it like normal using 3.0 firmware it came up with the error code 1500 something like. Then i use QuickPwn22-1 and open itunes and it activated with 3.0 firmware. Baseband hasn't downgrade but if you don't need to unlock your iphone this works. After you set your iphone up then use redsnow 0.8 to jailbrake it.

• Distortedloop
    Distortedloop Posts: 64
    via Wordpress

Ae you sure about being able to just downgrade to 3.01? I thought Apple was now refusing to "sign" any firmware that wasn't 3.1. That's what all the hoopla over getting your two files from either Purplera1n or the Cydia app was all about. You needed the keys to fake a signature from Apple.

• Distortedloop
    Distortedloop Posts: 64
    via Wordpress

Or maybe that was just for 3GS phones...

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Apple introduced the signing thing in iPhone 3GS, it should not be an issue
    if you have an iPhone 3G (the reason I mentioned "I'm assuming you have an
    iPhone 3G").

• Iphoneuser
    Iphoneuser Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

Thanks iPhoneHacks, yes I do have a iPhone 3G and used pwnage tool to upgrade it, so the base band is preserved. It is just that the only reason I upgraded was of battery issues i.e. not charging after I installed "BatteryMagic" app. The only way to charge was to turn it off and charge directly from the adapter not from USB port. I have read many people complaining bout battery issues with 3.1 so far it is far better then I had with 3.0.1, so lets see.
    Thanks again

• BHAVU
    BHAVU Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

IT SHOWING ERROR EACH TIME I TRY TO RESTORE IT ERROR 1601 ... CAN NOT RESTORE IPHONE

ANY SOLUTION..... IPHONE 3G ( 3.1 FIRMWARE).. ITUNE I USED ITUNE 9.0

• Rahat Islam
    Rahat Islam Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

This is in reply to my previous answer located above, but what is the custom firmware file on my computer/how do I identify it?

• omid
    omid Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

if i accidentally upgraded to 3.1 and downgraded back to 3.0 will this work with 3.1? my baseband is still set for 3.1

• Joelgoku
    Joelgoku Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

I did the same think but got on "no srvice" and got to go back at 3.1 to use the phone. Any ideas? :(

• Joelgoku
    via Wordpress

I did what omid said and got the " no service" error. What should i do?

• BHAVU
    BHAVU Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I have Jailbreak my iPhone 3G 16GB iPhone1,2_3.1_7C144_Custom_Restore.ipsw and restore it successfully, but updated with iPhone firmware 3.1 but the baseband 05.11.07
    Cab you please tell me how to downgrad to baseband 04.26.08.

It will be very helpful because, now I can not see any network carrier to the my mobile and when I checked Setting< Carrier < it says Can not load Carrier....

Please help with this problem.... waiting for your reply....

• Joelgoku
    via Wordpress

The same here. Still waiting for any help about this. Thanks in advance

• Krusty
    Krusty Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Firstly Thanks.

The process has worked fine to a point.

I have a UNLOCKED 16gig 3G

Running MAC etc. - Issue is.

NO SERVICE.
    - Have turned off & on again
    - Removed & re-inserted SIM
    - Restarted MAC & iTunes
    - Flight Mode off & On

ideas?

• Krusty
    Krusty Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

OK - I repeated the process

i.e. Created a new Package

- this time I unchecked Step 7 "Activate the Phone" and she is now sweet.

• Joelgoku
    via Wordpress

I try with redsn0w 0.8 and still the same problem. Its said "No Service" and i use AT&T as carrier. What can I do to bring back my jailbreak iphone to live?

• marvin
    marvin Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

maybe you can try fuzzyband for downgrade your baseband in cydia you can find fuzzyband it lets you downgrade your baseband

• chris.t
    chris.t Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Hi, please can someone seriously help me. I am from the UK I have an iphone 3G and unfortunately i downloaded 3.1 onto it last week. I desperately want to jailbreak the phone so i can get these free apps.
    i am using a mac and im following all of the instructions above and it all seems to be working fine until i restore the phone using the custom iPhone firmware iPhone1,2_3.1_7C144_Custom_Restore.ipsw file)

i try to restore it using this and it starts extracting the software and the tries to restore the phone and then says

Error can not restore iphone error message 1604

Please tell me what i am doing wrong????

• Carolyn
    Carolyn Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Are there insructions to jailbreak my 3G w/3.1 loaded on it for WINDOWS? Thanks

• Adnan yousaf
    Adnan yousaf Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi i hav iphone 3gs version 3.0.1 can sone 1
    guide me how to jailbreak?

• Sarah
    Sarah Posts: 16
    via Wordpress

Will the iPhone 3gs eventually be jailbroken on 3.1? I'm going to buy an iPhone in a few days, and want to know whether I should get a 3gs or just a 3g if it is easier to jailbreak. Thanks! <3

• ChrisS
    ChrisS Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

The 3g is very slow compared to the 3Gs

• chris.t
    chris.t Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Am i the only person who is having problems using this. everything works fine until i get to the restore, it comes up with a box thats says

The iphone "iphone" cannot be restored an unknown error occurred (1604)

Please can someone advise me what to do.

• Sarah
    Sarah Posts: 16
    via Wordpress

Very true...that, and the superior camera, is what is causing me to lean towards the 3Gs. However, if the 3Gs isn't able to be jailbroken, I'd settle for the 3G. Hence my original question :P

• Jerry
    Jerry Posts: 47
    via Wordpress

So I have this straight. I have OS3.1 running on a iPhone 3G on the AT&T network. Modem Firmware is 05.11.07. Based on what I read above, I can jailbreak the phone but I cannot unlock it because of the baseband. Is this accurate? Will it matter that I cannot unlock since AT&T is my carrier?

• Fellah
    Fellah Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

is there any updates on the windows version release?