Step By Step Guide to Jailbreak iPhone 3G running iPhone OS 3.1 using PwnageTool 3.1

Comments

• marc
    marc Posts: 103
    via Wordpress

Is this jailbreak only for Mac users? Where is the Pwnage for PC users? Thanks.

• RR
    RR Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

When I had my Iphone 3g on 3.1 jailbroken. It worked fine. When the MMS update came out I kept getting an error when trying to update. I restored the phone back to normal and the update worked fine. Now I went to go back to jailbreak the Iphone again and now I get an error when I choose the restore data that quickpwn made. Any help ? I did the whole use a usb hub to jailbreak.

Im using the latest itunes.

• Bruce
    Bruce Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

ok here i go i do not want to unlock my 3gs iphone with 3.1 i just want to jailbreack it is that posible i just bought the phone and it had 3.1

• Joey
    Joey Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

when will they come out for the iphone software 3.1 firmware 05.11.07 for PC's, so that i can hack my iphone?

• Joey
    via Wordpress

but do you have a mac or pc???

• Joey
    via Wordpress

what comp. did you us either a Mac or PC to successfully unlock your phone?????

• Safiyyah
    Safiyyah Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I have the exact same problem. Is there a way to upgrade baseband? Or do we have to use something other than Ultrasnow to unlock it?

• BMS
    BMS Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

i thought i was good with this stuff...i was able to make the custom firmware using quickpwn on my intel mac mini - even threw a custom boot screen in there.

ipsw created successfully. copied the file via wireless network to my PC running windows 7 with itunes version 9.0.0.70

threw the iphone 3g running firmware 3.1 baseband 5.11.07 into DFU mode - itunes said this device is in recovery mode and needs to be restored - i clicked ok and then shift clicked the restore button...

located the custom firmware created on my mac

and i get this stupid error code 1600 - wtf and FML

drop me any suggestions?

• Rahat Islam
    Rahat Islam Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

How do you adjust your iphone, so when you attach it to an xbox 360, it will show up in the play list menu like my flashdrive does?

• joakim
    joakim Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi! I am not too good in English, even if i understand good what you writes and stuff, i dont get the "big picture".
    I have a quite new iphone 3g OS 3.1 it has never been unlocket or jailbroken before. And it has the new baseband.
    Will the steps on the top of this page work so i can install cydia, and then ****?
    If it is, should i just start on step 1 and contnue till i am finished, or should i do something else?
    If it dont work, is the any other alternative, or do i have to wait?

• Rahat the Robot
    Rahat the Robot Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

How do you set up the iphone so you can connect it to an x box 360 because mine connects, I just cant play the music off of it.

• vova
    vova Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

broken well thanks.... but still dont see my sim card(((

• billyr
    billyr Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

i just jailbroke my phone and once it was done it did not show the carrier. my phone is with rogers, so it doesnt need to be unlocked. any suggestions?

• whaaat?
    whaaat? Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

hi! i cant open the .dmg files( i use windows xp), i have tried power iso, and it converted it to files i could open on my desktop, but it seems like the computer does not know witch program it can open the files with... any ideas????

• August Adams
    August Adams Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

hi wats a cosmetic??? like did anythink happen wen u hacked ur phone like canu get music for free???

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress

"PwnageTool 3.1 is ideal for all those who have iPhone firmware 3.0.1 or lower running on their iPhone 3G as it preserves the baseband but can also be used if you have already upgraded to iPhone OS 3.1."
    So does this mean you can use this to jailbreak even if you have already upgraded to OS 3.1 or not? This statement seems to say no then yes.

• whaaat?
    whaaat? Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

i wondered about the same until i saw this post:

Paul said...
    All, for those of you new to jailbreaking, or wish to jail break your iPhone 3G running 3.1 with firmware 05.11.07, you can use this process to Jailbreak without worry. I have used this step by step guide to do just that. It ran flawlessly and you should have no anxiety about doing it. At first I was worried because the instructions say you need 3.01 or earlier but you need not worry if you have already upgraded to 3.1.

Regards.

Reply September 26, 2009 at 05:30 AM

iPhoneHacks said in reply to Paul...
    Thanks Paul, we've updated the guide to avoid the confusion.

BTW: i have asked about something else. Its, well i guess ill just ask again ;)

i cant open the .dmg files( i use windows xp), i have tried power iso, and it converted it to files i could open on my desktop, but it seems like the computer does not know witch program it can open the files with... any ideas????

• Juan Camilo
    Juan Camilo Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Hi everyone today I finally did the jb procedure using a friend mac following the steps above,at the end of the restore from backup when the phone turned back on I have a issue that I would like your help to resolve; first the modem baseband is still 05.11.07 not 04.26.08 like is suppose to; it does not recognize the network nor my phone number and I`m not able to make calls, I will appreciate any help thanks.

• mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress

Desi, It will delete everything from your computer. A Mac will help you build the .ipsw and then just follow the steps after 14 (and you don't have to have the program, just do what the steps say). Once in DFU mode, plug into iTunes and Shift-Click the restore button, select the .ipsw file and let it do it's job.

• mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress

I meant to say it'll delete everything on your iPhone.

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Couple of points that might help:1. Keep "Activate the phone" option checked
    if you want to unlock your iPhone or deselect it if you are using an
    official iPhone carrier.
    2. This guide only jailbreaks your iPhone, if you want to unlock your
    iPhone, then you can check out the guide to unlock it using UltraSn0w after
    jailbreaking your iPhone:
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/2009/07/step-by-step-guide-to-unlock-iphone-3g-running-on-iphone-os-30-using-ultrasn0w.html

• Juan Camilo
    Juan Camilo Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

thanks I`ll try the process again.

• trebor737
    trebor737 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

hey guys,

your help has been great and i managed to get the jailbreak onto my iphone 3g, but the problem is that the phone now has no network coverage? has anyone got any solutions for this?

• Rob
    Rob Posts: 314
    via Wordpress

I've tried this multiple times in both expert mode, and simple mode, and it has never once activated.

I just did it for the 6th time in 24 hours and I'm just going to resort to a normal factory restore because it will not activate itself no matter what I do, and I'm tired of having a phone that doesn't function.

• aNxIoUs IpHoNeUsEr
    via Wordpress

Any word on PT for 3GS running OS 3.1 yet?
    I wanted to jailbreak my iPhone for the first time ever, only to realize it's not available yet :(

• dehart007@hotmail.com
    via Wordpress

Ok so here is my fix to the Error 1604. First off I have to say its all my own fault. I've done the upgrade previously on my Iphone 3.1 and it worked no problem, So I decided to do my wife's. So I followed the same process and lost my carrier capability. Sitting on activation, and every time I tried to do a restore I'd get the 16xx message. The following is how I got my Iphone working again.

1) Reboot your Iphone (it will have no carrier signal)
    2) Run Itunes
    3) Press or when selecting the "Restore button".
    4) Select the 3.1 firmware file (NOT Your Custom Firmware, but the Apple 3.1 firmware)
    5) Let Itunes put your phone into recovery mode and restore the firmware (This wipes out the jailbreak)

Note: if asked about a carrier update, select "YES"
    6) When complete "restore" from Itunes backup

The above will get your phone working again it did for me.

So my root problem was that my wife's phone was not running firmware 3.1.

SO DO NOT JAILBREAK with this process unless your running 3.1. My oversight and a huge scare. I'm just happy I was able to get the phone working again.

• Steven M
    Steven M Posts: 114
    via Wordpress

if i already have my iphone 3g updated to 3.1 before i do this jailbreak will the jailbreak still worrk? and will mms still work after jailbreak? thanks alot

• Steven M
    Steven M Posts: 114
    via Wordpress

and will my the phone part still work ?

• Turco
    Turco Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Hi , i have a problem about iphone GSM hack.When applying all things you mentioned above,i can use both cylia and ultrasnow.everything seems ok but gsm (turkcell) does not work .
    what can the problem be? thanks for your help from now.

• Seanlcky13
    Seanlcky13 Posts: 22
    via Wordpress

anyone with this custom firmware, please upload it online for me to JB on windows!!!