Step By Step Guide to Jailbreak iPhone 3G running iPhone OS 3.1 using PwnageTool 3.1

1235»

Comments

• Seanlcky13
    Seanlcky13 Posts: 22
    via Wordpress

Ok well i found it, only ? is am i allowed to post a link here for other windows users like me?

• Seanlcky13
    Seanlcky13 Posts: 22
    via Wordpress

well the downloaded custom .ipsw was successful, carrier, and signal there all good, only problem with it is the guy who made it used custom boot logos so im gonna see if logome can switch em back, ill let you knw

anyone who wants the .ipsw email me and ill link you

seanlcky13@yahoo.com

• Mozbius
    Mozbius Posts: 21
    via Wordpress

Iphonefix.de is a nice website to get the latest custom firmware... Only thing do is that custome firmwares have the pineapple instead of the apple when booting up.

• Mozbius
    Mozbius Posts: 21
    via Wordpress

If you have zonealarm installed turn it off... That app caused me slot of grief with my iPhone! Whenever you synch turn it off.... In my case I've finally given up and uninstalled it altogether.

• BigMo
    BigMo Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

hello,

i have iphone 3g with modem firmware 2.28.00 and version 2.2 (5G77). its been a while ive updated my iphone firmware. I used PwnageTool way back to jailbreak my iphone. My question is: would i be able to use OS 3.1 jailbroken by PwnageTool 3.1.3 on firmware 2.28.00 or do i have to update the firmware first to something else? If yes, please advise me on how to do it. Thanks

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

As far as I'm aware, it won't be possible to update directly to iPhone OS 3.1 and preserve the baseband as 2.28.00 is not compatible with iPhone OS 3.0 or later.

• norseman
    norseman Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I also had NO SIGNAL, re-installed ultrasnow and all is OK again.

• BigMo
    via Wordpress

Thank-u for the quick reply...

few more questions, so how do i go from here if i want to jail break it... n how do i jump to baseband 04.26.08... cuz i believe 4.26.08 is compatible with PwnageTool 3.1.3? am i going the rite way...

thx in advance

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

I guess since you have an iPhone 3G, you might be able to first upgrade to iPhone OS 3.0 or iPhone OS 3.0.1 (which comes bundled with baseband 04.26.08) and then use PwnageTool 3.1.3 to upgrade to jailbroken iPhone OS 3.1 and preserve the baseband.

• BigMo
    via Wordpress

k... just to be on safe side i though i should ask u... so, I do a system restore using Itunes (version doesnt matter i guess) first and then update to the latest firmware using Itunes as well??? rite?

Thank-you

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

If you click on restore in iTunes, it will upgrade you to iPhone OS 3.1 as that is current version available.
    You might have to restore using iPhone OS 3.0 firmware file and if you are on a Mac Hold down Option and press the "Restore" button. If you are using Windows hold down Shift and press the Restore button.

• BigMo
    via Wordpress

much appreciated...

will update soon.

• Theesado
    Theesado Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

It says that it will delete a Cydia applications
    but will updating delete **** application(app store apps that have been cracked)

• BigMo
    via Wordpress

great, im done with the update... everything went smooth... im running 3.0 with 4.26.08... now i just need a mac... lol

thankyou for all your help...

• Amy Lu
    Amy Lu Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hello,
    I have my 3G Iphone repaired at Aple and now it has OS 3.1, baseband 05.11.07 Can I still jailbreak and unlock it to use with T-mobile? I have access to Mac/PC computer. Thanks for the help.

• plzzzzzz i need help .it doesn't work becoz pwnagetool didn't opened when i downloaded it's appear as a DMG file and i don know how to open this type of files if anyone could help plz

• Rip
    Rip Posts: 38
    via Wordpress

i already upgraded my iphone 3g to version 3.1 (7C144) through itunes. Do i still have to "download the iPhone firmware 3.1 file for iPhone 3G from this specific link (iPhone1,2_3.1_7C144_Restore.ipsw)."???

• Andy_TW
    Andy_TW Posts: 21
    via Wordpress

will this method solves the problem of "CANNOT CONNECT WiFi AFTER UNLOCKED" the iPhone previsious??

• Andrew
    Andrew Posts: 168
    via Wordpress

ok i there is a way to fix this heres a vid on how:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic4aNgzmCNw

This is not my video btw

• Don
    Don Posts: 111
    via Wordpress

I have once upgrate my phone to os 3.1 and is lock now and the baseband is now upgrate 05.11.07 is there anything i can do to dwngrate my baseband back

• Don
    Don Posts: 111
    via Wordpress

I have jailbreak but i can't unlock my phone and i cna't dwngrade back

• gandlagi
    gandlagi Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I jailbreak my iphone 3g, but now i cant get ATT signal. Cant make/receive any call or connect to 3g. Any suggestions?

• univers911@yahoo.com
    via Wordpress

i upgraded my 3g to 3.1 and now I try to follow the steps above to jailbreak 3.1 i get stuck at step4 and is unable to detect the firmware. Need help. Thx.

• KRoy
    KRoy Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I just did a JB for my iPhone 3G.
    Excellent tool..I created the ipsw on my fren's mac and brought it home and then restored using my pc..
    horrraaay it worked perfect :) - thanks a lot

• KRoy
    KRoy Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

to add on Luckily I was still using 3.0.1 with baseband as 04.26.08 so now I can unlock if I want

• rachelami
    rachelami Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

It appears that the steps for using PT differ depending on whether you need to unlock for use with an unofficial carrier? Great, that means I can't use someone else's custom firmware for fear that it'll brick the phone functionality. Plus I don't have access to a Mac.

Thanks Dev Team and everyone else for the effort, but this is getting ridiculous. I paid full retail for what I thought was going to be a factory-unlocked phone. What the hell good is a 'no contract' phone if it's still locked into the same carrier (who also refuses to activate the thing without a data plan)?

Somebody PRETTY PLEASE come up with a permanent carrier unlock for this thing already! Steve Jobs, I will wash your car and clean your swimming pool, just give me the unlock code for this damn thing!

Sorry for venting, thanks for the tutorial. 8P

• Miguel
    Miguel Posts: 23
    via Wordpress

Iphone 3G 3.1 with 05.11.07 (USA for ATT phone, never Jailbreak or mess with before)

I follow all the steps, with a Mac, and the last step when Itunes its suppose to tell you "Itunes Has detected an Iphone in recovery mode, you must restore ..." I get the message that Itunes can't connect to a network.

Do I need an internet connection for the last step? The recovery package is created (I've done this twice no problem) and the Phone still working no problem.

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

• Miguel
    Miguel Posts: 23
    via Wordpress

My Iphone is the same way, anybody knows?

• Theo
    Theo Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

I have an iphone which has been jailbroken and unlocked.
    I now need to upgrade the OS to 3.1 and I'm kinda lost.
    Hope someone can help me with the following:
    Do I only need to run the Pwnagetool to do so?
    Or do I need to unlock it again after?

thnks