iPhone Dev Team Discovers Another Exploit For iPhone OS 3.1.3 Baseband

Comments

• Fed up
    Fed up Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

May as well get used to the idea, sell your 3.1.3 3gs or wait til the summer to be released from this situation. Cos either the hackers can't crack it or they're waiting til the summer.

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

How did Snowbreeze work? I operate on Vista and the stupid application won't open. When I try to start Snowbreeze, I'm told it's not a valid Win32 Applcation.

As far as I'm concerned, snowbreeze is worthless.

• nahid
    nahid Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I am stucked with my iphone 3gs with new baseband and os 3.1.3. Please release the jailbraking software as well as unlocking soft also.

• ken wang
    ken wang Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

when I can jailbreak my IP3GS? waiting.....

• Fed up
    via Wordpress

Keep waiting for a ling time then

• Fed up
    via Wordpress
  • killen
    killen Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

to thom
    hey will that work for an iphone that is not jail break before but instead it is unlock by blackra1n...tnx for the info...does anyone know when will be the release of an unlock iphone 3gs 3.1.3 baseband 05.12.01?

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

Theres literally 1000's of infoblogs that carry some great information (some not so great) so it's a case of search and seek until you find one that you personally like.
    I use sites that discuss cracked apps and cracking in detail (i use them as a 'try before i buy') sites that focus on free apps only and a few infoblogs, but usually come here first.
    Do a search via a few engines rather than just Google/Yahoo etc, different search engines carry different site ratings so its expanding your education.
    i started like you 2 years ago with my old 3G, but had researched the iphone online and JailBreaking and hacking seemed to be the dominant subject, from there it was the road to discovery :-)
    Its worth clicking on some of the links that follow the main topic, most sites 'link' to a source, & that source links to another and so on, each carries different topics.

• TimW
    via Wordpress

Nah, that's my job now!
    Went into the O2 store and it's a spotty faced teenager that said
    " sorry, i cant discuss it with you as you have an illegal iphone too"
    Asked him where it says illegal and he got the manageress to ask me to leave as i was being disruptive!!!!!!!
    **O2,parc Trostre (or parc pemberton)llanelli, swansea. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE**
    The staff of this franchise are uneducated in iPhone (& apparantly Android too)
    Carphone warehouse are on same trading estate, at least they understand JailBreakers and will help you with it if they're quiet.

• Co Tran
    Co Tran Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

this is a good news. I think my iphone 3gs 3.1.3 will be alive after it died 2 months ago.
    MussleNerd of Dev team, Sherif Hashim, Geohot. all of them are my hero.

• the new boy
    the new boy Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

hi fella thanks for this like i said im a lil new to it all (im simple) so please take my hand and show me ;) ok heres what im ok on
    step1 d/load from where ? the dev page

step2 im ok on

step3 put the numbers at the end of the file i just d/loaded (yes/no)

step4 shift & restore via itunes ? what the file iv just d/loaded and put the numbers on (yes/no)

step5 now im lost how do i do this (sorry)

step6 will this not update aswell back to the 3.1.3

ok so from step5 it gets hard for me or have i got it all wrong

ps my iphone is new and never seen b/rain and its an mc phone to lol oh and thanks for the help the new boy

• the new boy
    the new boy Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
  • x a i D e e z
    x a i D e e z Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Go Dev Team Go!
    we know you pple wil do it.
    Anxiously awaiting for a software.

• Cindy
    Cindy Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

i have 3.1.3 and i have been jailbreak for two months now

• TimW
    via Wordpress

I thought that O2 only unlocked after 12 months on either contract or Payasyougo, how old is yours??
    If it's anytime, then it's Orange for the beach, O2 in town & 3 for 3G downloads, yay :-)
    (No, not worried if people can't ring me :-) that's what I want hahaha)

• TimW
    via Wordpress

Doubt very much a JB for 313 will ever come.
    3.2 is just around the corner so can't see an exploit being handed to Apple for nothing
    sit tight & when the time is right......

• waqas
    waqas Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

hi i have 3gs iphone 3.1.2 and i upgrated to 3.1.3
    can any one tell me how can i unlock and jailbreak 3gs iphone 3.1.3
    thanks
    vicky

• iom_jack
    iom_jack Posts: 24
    via Wordpress

Step 6:Hold power and home until the phone turns off then let it turn back on. Plug it in and allow itunes to activate the phone. HOw can you activate it. what Firmware do you need to install???

• Craig
    Craig Posts: 178
    via Wordpress

Funny you say that, I had an interesting convo with a guy at Carphone myself yesterday, he himself had a Piney iPhone.. Think the staff in most o2 stores are plonkers, o2 online however have been great to me-within 48 hrs they've gotten me a permanent unlock in conjuntion with Apple. I showed my gratitude by signing up with t-mobile today, get fantastic 3g with them around here :)

• Craig
    via Wordpress

Well I've been with them on and off for the last six months on a monthly simplicity sim only deal. I didn't even buy my iPhone from them I got it direct from Apple. I think for pay n go they charge £15 for the unlock and contract Is free but there are stipulations on that I believe.
    Lol@ppl not being able to call you :)

• Craig
    via Wordpress

Yep I agree, I've given up and come to terms with it now, shall just wait, times passes too quick these days anyway so it'll be here before we know it and gone again..

• katsuboi
    katsuboi Posts: 99
    via Wordpress

just search "iphone 3g 3.1.3 jailbreak" and you should see it posted by a guy named "Cuban..."something.

I loosely followed the instructions my first few tries, until finally getting it right. What "ACE" above said is right too. Though, if you have an "mc" model iphone ur out of luck, it wont work.

• katsuboi21
    katsuboi21 Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

I've got windows 7. didn't think much of it when I jailbroke, just followed the youtube walk-thru.

I will say this about the SNOWBREEZE jailbreak: IT'S A BIT BUGGY. I've had a problems with itunes recognizing my phone a few times. But hard to pinpoint the cause (itunes, os 3.1.3, snowbreeze, or windows 7? not sure who's the culprit)

The Devteam & Geohot really make much more solid jailbreak software.

• Phil
    Phil Posts: 87
    via Wordpress

With all the iPhone geeks in the world and they cannot come up with a jailbreak and unlock????? you have be kidding me!!!! i think apple just gave them a bigger check than the supporters of jailbreak and unlocks!!!!!!

• Gary Benna
    Gary Benna Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

So I just read that Iphone 4.0 isn't expected to be released until June. Does that mean that we have to sit here with new iphones and ipod touches running 3.1.3 until then before geohot and the dev team decide to make a new jailbreak. Come on guys this is far too long to wait. I'm sure the next upgrade will have some exploits available in it. So how about releasing the next version of jailbreak to help us out.

• 3.1.3gs
    3.1.3gs Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

,,maybe they're scratching their head's as to how to do it?

• Gary Benna
    Gary Benna Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

I think you're right, I don't think they can figure it out. My 3g ipod touch came preloaded with 3.1.3 so I wish someone would figure out a way for me to downgrade to 3.1.2. It would be easier to wait until next break then. Too bad one can't listen in on the communication between apple and my computer when it is asking permission to restore ipod touch. Then you could simulate the go ahead through redirect and downgrade without storing shsh. OH well, I admit I'm not smart enough to figure it out, so I'll have to wait.

• 3.1.3gs
    3.1.3gs Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

Who know's, i'm hoping thay can figure it out, but maybe the new bootrom etc is giving them a headache? I'm getting used to it now, content to wait and see what the summer bring's..it's going to be exciting that's for sure..

• lucas
    lucas Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

for the love of god!
    I want my iphone back!!!!
    where´s this jailbreak for 3.1.3??????

• iom_jack
    iom_jack Posts: 24
    via Wordpress

its been a month now since it was post that theres a JB and 0 out of 3 on the said JB is still not available???what are they waiting for again???? ' guess iphone users will have to wait fro another more months before their iphone be JB.