iPhone Dev Team Discovers Another Exploit For iPhone OS 3.1.3 Baseband

1235»

Comments

• Gary Benna
    Gary Benna Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

The release of 3.2 sometime this isn't going to help us either since it not for the ipod touch or iphone. Which means we've been waiting for the next firmware release for nothing. Or do I have that wrong. Geohot and dev team were waiting for next release to jb but now that it is NOT for them why are we waiting. Besides with a shipping date of 4/3 Apple is going to have to start installing 3.2 on the ipad soon with no further time for beta testing and patching holes. Come on guys lets jb 3.1.3 already.

• 3.1.3gs
    3.1.3gs Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

No, they prob aren't even interested in 3.2, it's 4.0 that matters to them and that's most likely what we'll have to wait for in the summer, either thats the reason or they genuinley have been beaten by Apple this time.

• Farzad
    Farzad Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Hey murtaza zakavi!! Listen, I have an iPhone 3gs too which I use in Bangladesh. I also updated my 3gs to the stock 3.1.3 with baseband 05.12.01. I haven't found a jailbreak, but I can help u with the unlock if u need the help. Download 'snowbreeze' v1.5. Create a custom firmware using 'simple mode' in snowbreeze'. Connect ur phone to the computer and put it in DFU mode. Then go to the iPhone window in iTunes and while holding left shift on ur keyboard hit the restore button. Browse and select the custom 3.1.3 firmware that u created through snowbreeze. iTunes will do it's thing but at the end it will show an error. Ignore it!! Take ur phone out of DFU mode by holding power button and home button together till the apple logo appears. And u have ur unlocked 3gs on firmware 3.1.3, and ull also have 3g, wi-fi, you tube, all enabled.

• Don
    Don Posts: 111
    via Wordpress

TRIED THAT ON MY 3G 3.1.3 05.12.01 BUT IT DIDN'T WORK?

• arielfh@hotmail.com
    via Wordpress

Hi, i have a new 3gs and 3.1.3
    do you know any way to jailbreak?
    my phone 3gs is the new.
    thanks

• Billy
    Billy Posts: 39
    via Wordpress

I'm in the same boat as everyone else. Anyone know how to get my 'emergency mode' iphone at least to act like an ipod touch so i can use it for something other than a brick?

• wanaun@hotmail
    wanaun@hotmail Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
  • Bensonboy
    Bensonboy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi,

Kindly let me know, when you guys have a unlock solution for the FirmWare 3.1.3 with Boot Loader 06.40 and Modem ver 05.12.01.

I am waiting for the unlock solution anxiently.

Cheers.

• jupiter69
    jupiter69 Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

i downloaded ilocalis from cydia and my iphone was locked,i tried everything ,and doesn't work
    i has to restore from itunes, as you can see some times you don't have choices,i restored my iphone by force

• jupiter69
    via Wordpress
  • jupiter69
    via Wordpress

meeee tooooooo this is a nightmare

• Tabby
    Tabby Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

how did you jailbreak it? I need help with mine please!

• G-Rein
    G-Rein Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

You cannot Jailbreak an iphone 3GS after it has been updated to latest 3.1.3. from apple. Unless you backed up the ECID SHSH to Sauriks server on CYdia. If you did there is a working exploit to revert your phone back to firmware 3.1.2. Google- Downgrade Iphone 3GS 3.1.3.

• Tagart
    Tagart Posts: 47
    via Wordpress

Dude you need to go back and re-read the article. Yes, there currently is no way to jailbreak 3.1.3 but what they're talking about is that they just found an exploit that can possibly LEAD to jailbreaking the baseband included in 3.1.3. See, if you actually take the time to READ the article/destructions or what have you in whatever method you use to jailbreak 3.1.3 using the baseband from 3.1.2 you'd know this. Again you're right that your phone needs to have 3.1.2 when applying the 3.1.3 jailbreak hack but apparantly you didn't get the whole picture and in that case, you're an idiot.

• Tagart
    Tagart Posts: 47
    via Wordpress

Sorry simon, only hittin you with a reply so I can be towards the top. :P

For those of you that are stuck on 3.1.3 and keep getting errors and can't downgrade to 3.1.2 I'd just like to point out it's because if/when you backed up your SHSH on cydia you did this AFTER apple released 3.1.3 and the way saurik's server works is it grabs the current SHSH file from apple's server. See, when apple releases new firmware they stop signing the previous one which is the reason why saurik made his server to begin with, if you'd like more info on the subject plz visit his site.

I found this out myself bc I also had gotten a wierd error after jailbreaking 3.1.2. In my case, I had installed something that ate up the entire drive on my 3GS 16gb and in itunes I had 13.3gb of "Other" crap that I couldn't get rid of. I unistalled everything and it still wouldn't go away.

Anyway, I hope the information helps and I guess we'll all just have to continue to be patient and let the experts do their magic.

• Robert
    Robert Posts: 146
    via Wordpress

Hello guys.
    I have a 3gs 16gb, a few days ago i was installing a fix from Cydia for the SSh USB (Funbox). After the install and reboot of the phone my OS was crashed, i could not reboot it with Blackra1n, so as no option i made the restore and update to 3.1.3. I don't have the SHSH file, so i can't downgrade :( I hope that Dev Team it will relase soon the new jailbreak and unlock software. I just can not reconcile that my Iphone is stuck on the 3.1.3, and i can't use it. I'm from Romania, and the phone is from USA locked on AT&T. We don't have AT&T network here in Romania, so i keep my iphone in the box until Dev Team will relase the jailbreak and unlock software.

• Be-ezy
    Be-ezy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Apple sucks.... Great handset but this stupid lock is sick.. bastards. I am selling my iphone 3gs 3.1.3 I should have bought nokia in the first place.

• Lady
    Lady Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

but there is a JB for the 3.1.3!
    use snowbreeze
    they should find an expoid to unlock the iphone there is already ways to jb even on 05.12.01 baseband and any boothloader

• Ani
    Ani Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Ace which iPhone are you using; 3G or 3Gs?

• Cris Mina
    Cris Mina Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

It does not work. I have tried it also.

• Cybermog
    Cybermog Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi folks,
    I am successfully unlock/jailbreak iPhone with 3.1.3 firmware and 5.12.01 baseband. Please try my method at my blog:

http://cybermog.wordpress.com/2010/05/03/final-hope-how-to-unlockjailbreak-iphone-3g-firmware-3-1-3-baseband-05-12-01/

Please leave your results comment at my blogs and spread words so everyone can experiment it ;)

• exandra24@yahoo.com
    via Wordpress

please help me unlock-jail break my iphone 3gs!

• emy
    emy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

i can't use my iphone! please...

• David
    David Posts: 225
    via Wordpress

just managed to jailbreak my iphone 3gs with ios 3.1.3 and i was wondering when i install ultrasn0w is it not suppose to be on my springboard or does it just run in the background so to speak cause ive been waiting forever to jb and unlock cause when i got mine it came with 3.1.3 so if anyone can reply thanks a mill

• David
    David Posts: 225
    via Wordpress

go to spiritjb.com and download the file for your computer (win,mac etc) then connect your phone open spirit click the button and your phone will do the rest if you need help go to youtube and watch some vids on the spirit jailbreak JBed to unlock go into cydia and install ultrasn0w

• siham
    siham Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    hi guys please i want to unlock my iphone 3g 3.1.3 iPhone stuck on "Slide for Emergency" and "Connect to iTunes" screen kindly help, i try to use redsnow but it wont to enter dfu modethanks