Geohot Announces Untethered Jailbreak For iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 2G, iPod Touch 3G; That Might Also

Comments

• Keith
    Keith Posts: 63
    via Wordpress

Anyone who can't even complete a full sentence obviously doesn't know why they are talking about.
    Just sayin'.

• ZeppelinLed
    ZeppelinLed Posts: 68
    via Wordpress

Blimey, can you even read/send text messages?!

• blobblob008@hotmail.com
    via Wordpress

its a vodafone australia iphone. i came back to the uk and cant use it. i even tried putting a uk voda sim in, but it doesnt work.

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

If your hashes are on file then you should be able to restore via Sauriks Server direct from your pc then run Blackra1n to Hacktivate (I think) then re JB your phone and unlock it
    A good step is to ring Voda uk cust serv & ask if they can unlock it for you first. Play dumb traveller who's here for 6 months and your phone won't work, may help, they do it with most Nokia models for long term visitors

• TimW
    via Wordpress
  • goku316
    goku316 Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

alright!!! nice!!! your the man guyz...plss post asap!

• Earl
    Earl Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

LOL AT THE BACKGROUND MUSIC. YEP THATS A BIG EGO YOU HAVE SIR

• nasra1n
    nasra1n Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Why are you fighting over this shite?
    You dicks should have read up before upgrading. I sit back with my JB'd 3.1.2 iPod and watch my friends cry over their 3.1.3 iPods. You should hve done your research. Accidental upgraders? Kepp your eyes on the screen, not between your legs.

• ZeppelinLed
    ZeppelinLed Posts: 68
    via Wordpress

So what happens if an update for the iPhone of 3.2 isn't released with the iPad on April 3rd? Does that mean we've got to wait several months until 4.0 is finally released for Geo to release his JB? Yawn..

• TimW
    via Wordpress

Sweet :-)
    don't you just love it when people 'Accidentally' upgrade :-) I do
    few comments & they get all pissy about it
    I'm like you, protect what you have, then enjoy it.
    Ok, there's some that can't help having to hit 313, thems the ones I feel sorry for

• Keith
    via Wordpress

Or some people have recently got their iPhones with the new 3.1.3 already installed...?
    Don't be a jackass.

• TimW
    via Wordpress

Then why buy something that can't be JB'd yet, then sit there moaning about it?
    People should do their research first, not get all bitter & twisted about having 3.1.3 without a JB
    Take Craig for example, a user that got stuck with it and can't do much about it, he accepts that he has 3.1.3 but don't go honking about it, just sits & waits for a possible JB
    If mine goes **** up & I get stuck with 313 then I'm in the 'Hurry up & wait' scenario too
    Being clever enough to hold off isn't being a Jackass, buying a 313 device and honking, is!!

• Craig
    Craig Posts: 178
    via Wordpress

Hey i had a name check lol, but yeah, what's the point whining about it?, my phone fkd up, i landed up with 3.1.3..have been down lots of roads trying to reverse the situ, can't, so let's just look forward..hopefully when the iPad comes out, it'll bail us out - i'm not holding my breath tho..

• TimW
    via Wordpress

Perfect Example to use your name with
    Yeah your pissed off, but you don't go ragging on about it and I respect you for it.
    That JB will come soon, and you'll be a happy bunny again lmao
    Shame everyone else don't act the same way :-(

• scorp.mac@gmail.com
    via Wordpress

I just bought a Iphone 3gs, I have trying to some as much home work as possibe how to unlock it and Jailbrake it, because I use T-Mobile, and after reading I will say I am NOT BRIGHT when it comes to figuring out the right way to do this. reading all te comments here. lets me know I am way over my head. I ave not clue where the start to find out what versions I am running or how to pick the right versions to down load and how to down,or to down load this.If some there someone that has a big heart to help me, I would need a step by step directions to find out what version I have and than to give me a step by step how to down load the unlock and than the how to jailbreak my know, I am a old guy and not up with all the new phones like this one. here is my email to email me the step by step instructions. (scorp.mac@gmail.com) I would in forever gratefull. Scorp

• Keith
    via Wordpress

Hey, guess what, I wasn't even talking to you.
    I was talking to the other guy.
    So uh, go back to playing WoW or something...you're taking this jailbreak stuff a little too seriously. You have about 50% of the comments on this news post, yet -we're- the ones moaning? Psh.

• TimW
    via Wordpress

Yeah, I'm moaning, I'm so unhappy on 3.1.2 :-)
    sounds like your a bit tetchy, try a herbal or green tea, good for stress :-)
    Its Open comments!! Or hadn't you worked that out???
    Doesn't matter who you were answering, your message remains the same
    Yes I take Jailbreaking seriously, why wouldn't I? I prefer my phone more user friendly, therefor, I try to protect it's os and I really don't get bitter & twisted when a carrot get dangled (unlike a fair few going by this thread)
    Why play WoW when there's people like you to play with?? Much more fun watching people 'trying' to rag me, and I do mean trying. Succeeding? No
    You don't like my views? tough, the hints in the question.....My Views!!
    Yo Don't like my comments?? Refer to above!!

• TimW
    via Wordpress

Start with:
    Settings, General, About then scroll down to version, that's the OS version your on
    Let us know that and go from there
    Post it back and someone (Inc me) may be able to point you in the right direction
    If it says 3.1.3 then their is no current Jailbreak available 'yet'
    Most people are expecting a new version of the os to be released in conjunction with the iPad, early April
    If you are on 3.1.3 then keep checking back here and they'll post instructions on how to do it for a mac & pc

• Keith
    via Wordpress

So you just admitted to being an internet troll, and still my comments don't get to you? Hm, I must be succeeding if you keep coming back. ;)

• goku316
    goku316 Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

i think ur ryt! =)

• Paul
    Paul Posts: 239
    via Wordpress

No, he's right, it's ok for you to slate peoples spelling but not ok to put you right??? Then you come back with Troll??
    Keith, you a class A twat with ALL the bells & whistles!!!

• nelson3030
    nelson3030 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
  • Craig
    Craig Posts: 178
    via Wordpress

Yes mate, I'll be a happy easter bunny if it all goes the way I'm hoping. I don't see 3.2 coming out for iPhone tho, by all accounts it's coded without camera inclusion, what's the point in releasing it for iPhone? I don't see the point, hopefully I'm missing the point tho..

• mikeqnz
    mikeqnz Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

hey man hellppp plz i have a 3gS 3.1.3 ..... is it still impossible to jailbreak atleast??????hellpppp

• Krajo
    Krajo Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Does this unlock iPhone 3G 3.1.3 with BB.5.12.01 so i could use it with another networks? I have it locked by T-mobile. Thanks for response

• Cooper
    Cooper Posts: 144
    via Wordpress

GeoHot always says he wont come out with a new jailbreak or he wont work on "this or that" but he always does. U obviously r new to this. I have had every iphone since its conception. Not bragging, just been in the loop

• me
    me Posts: 220
    via Wordpress

..Shut up & wait 4 a new jailbreak. then u can try and tell me its all fake

• NP
    NP Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Maybe I am missing the point here. What does this has to do with 3GS updated with bb 5.12?

• TimW
    via Wordpress

Hijacked
    To say I WAS WRONG
    to those I disbelieved, Sorry
    to those who got stroppy, Not Sorry
    to those who decided to TRY insult me, Keep Trying :-)

Bought a Stock ipt3 on 3.1.3 & borrowed a JB ipt3 to compare the two
    The 'Dock' comments were spot on

Again, I was wrong & admit it