Breaking News: iPhone Dev Team Release PwnageTool 4.0 To Update And Jailbreak iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G

1235»

Comments

• Superfreak
    Superfreak Posts: 47
    via Wordpress

Ok, so how do you downgrade to 3.1.2? or 3.1.3? Please help. And where can I get the firmware from? Please help.

• Superfreak
    Superfreak Posts: 47
    via Wordpress

Steve - How did you downgrade your ios? Please help, as I'm in the same situation.

Thanks!

• stu
    stu Posts: 48
    via Wordpress

I have a 3GS 3.1.3 05.12.01
    serial number starts 869246 (is this old bootrom?)

how do i jailbreak and unlock my phone?
    can someone walk me through it please?

ASAP!

• mbhullar
    mbhullar Posts: 43
    via Wordpress

Mark this is not true for 3g iPhone. I have a 3g iPhone that I upgraded to OS 4. and using Redsn0w jailbroke it.

The prerequisite only applies if you have a 3gs phone. I didn't pay attention and upgraded to 4.0, however, all is not lost, I can downgrade to 3.1.2/3 and then apply the custom 4.0 firmware.

• Ethan
    Ethan Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

I have a 3GS (old bootrom) with iOS 4 and baseband 5.13.4, what do I need to do to jb it?

• mbhullar
    via Wordpress

3gs is the one to use. It says 3g(s) meaning applicable to both.

• mbhullar
    via Wordpress

Gary I believe it's been mentioned that if your iphone was previously jailbroken using Spirit, then at present there's no solution to jailbreak if you upgraded to IOS4.

• Afarraro
    Afarraro Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I done it in the first try and all went perfect, mine is a 3GS model #MC135LL with old bootrom (iboot=359.3) 4th and 5th number of serial is 28 and it was on 3.0 with baseband 04.26.08 never upgraded and now still with the same baseband after upgrade to 4.0, installed ultrasn0w and unlocked very nice.

Now i want to know that after i installed the new Itunes 9.2 should i set the phone as new or restore from back-up to be able to recover all photos and apps that i have before that now i don't have, i don't mind the apps but the photos are very important to me.

Did i lost them, or not?

Please any help would be much appreciate, Thanks!!!

• Kallias
    Kallias Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

My 3GS came unlocked by default as all iphones do in New Zealand and I am not sure what say when pwnagetool asks me "Do you have an iPhone 3G(s) contract that would normally activate through itunes"

Anyone know which one I should choose? I read somewhere else that clicking yes updates the baseband and I'm not sure I want to do that...

• Afarraro
    Afarraro Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Is asking to know if you have a legitimate account with AT&T or not, if you have an unlocked iphone and using it with another carrier just say "no" and continue with no problem, that's what i've done.

• vbpakster3
    vbpakster3 Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

anyone having tmobile edge problems after unlocking?

i ahve 3gs 4.0 web2go unlimited

• vbpakster3
    via Wordpress

anyone having tmobile web2go problems after unlocking? mine says i have to upgrade subscription

i have 3gs 4.0 web2go tmobile unlimited

• vbpakster3
    via Wordpress

anyone having tmobile web2go problems after unlocking? mine says i have to upgrade subscription

i have 3gs 4.0 web2go tmobile unlimited

• Kallias
    Kallias Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

Just tried that, everything worked fine except that 4.0 didn't detect my SIM. Do I need to unlock even though my phone is unlocked by default?

I've downgraded back to 3.1.2 (thank you Cydia!!) for the time being, I'll try again later.

Thanks

• Keebs357
    Keebs357 Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

First create Custom IPSW with snowbreeze on 0s4,For 3GS with old bootrom 6.4, MC135ll, baseband 5.13, 4.0 os, If you did the cydia save with shsh. Downgrade to 3.12- jailbreak with blackra1n, go through the activation with itunes 9.2. then hit shift And restore and look for custom 4.0 os snowbreeze IPSW. Forget about if you used spirit. Your phone will jailbreak with no 1600 Error.
    I did mine like that and then added Ultrasn0w. Keebs357

• dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress

Hi, I have a Iphone 3G running 3.1.2 it was jailbroken and unlocked by redsn0w. What's the best way to up grade to 4.0 and then unlock and jail break? Should I back up before doing so?

Thanks,

Dave

• diwash
    diwash Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

helo i had iPHONE 3GS which i had temporary unlocked but again i reseted all data and files from it phone is not responding now wat i have to do..it doesnt support old version i had 3.1.2 but now it in not taking either .3 n.2 version software...

• Erin
    Erin Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

I bought a used iPhone 3G (I believe it was 3.2.1) locked to Rogers (Canada) carrier. I then had someone unlock and jailbreak it so that I could use Fido (Canada) at home and a SIM (Wind) while traveling in Italy. I've been in Italy for a month and used the phone up until 2 weeks ago when it wouldn't turn on anymore. I'd been using a european charger (perhaps that's why?).
    I took it to a place in Turin that specializes in Apple products but they couldn't get it to turn on. I finally was able to restore it on a Mac but it upgraded to iTunes 9.2 (61). I then took it back to that store and they were able to downgrade it to 3.2.1. However, I've lost all my contacts, photos etc. and it's locked and not jailbroken anymore.
    Do I need to have a Rogers prepaid SIM card sent to me? (I'm in the process of having it sent) Then once I can get into the phone, do I follow steps to jailbreak? Or do I just download Pwnage 4.0, hook up the iPhone, then use ultrasnow to unlock? I'm not sure what state the baseband is in but they said they downgraded it back to 3.2.1. Please help as I really need to use my phone over here and I have another 6 weeks of travel ahead of me.

• Dex
    Dex Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

Same here. my old 3gs got soaked in the water. so apple changed it and they still gave me an old iphone 3gs 16gb. So that means i have the old bootroom (4th and 5th serial, 2 and 9| Model: MB) but with version 4.0 (8A293). NEVER JB'ed before so no SHSH stuff.
    Will the dev team have a solution for this? when will they release it? i just want to use my nonAt&t simcard for my phone any solution guys?
    Thank you!

• koolmsh
    koolmsh Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    my iPhone 3GS has following info:iPhone3GS 4.3.3 (8J2)-447650579276 - SHSH BlogMC151B/A - iPhone3GS - Device Model3.1.3 - Firmware Version05.12.01-6.4_M3S2 - Installed Baseband versionI need to know either my phone is permanently unlocked or it will be locked after i do any restore?I am really looking forward to update my 3gs but still waiting for the GPS problem to get solved with new IOS..