Apple, Steve Jobs Respond To iPhone 4 Reception Issues: Fact Of Life For Every Wireless Phone, Avoid

Comments

• Fingers21
    Fingers21 Posts: 243
    via Wordpress

Same thing happens to my iPhone 4 on o2 uk, but if I don't touch the lower left band, my signal is actually better than it ever was before! I solved my problem by coating the black lines with clear nail polish, works perfect and is invisible!
    All the folks saying they wont buy apple anymore are full of ****! You'll join that queue next time like everyone else!

• karl
    karl Posts: 113
    via Wordpress

guys do any of you think steve might fix this before loading out the white batch of iphone 4's? also do any of you know if this is happning in the u k on all the networks?

• Fingers21
    Fingers21 Posts: 243
    via Wordpress

It's all networks as it's an issue with the phone not the network. But simple enough to fix, most people will buy a case of some kind, to avoid scratches, so problem solved!

3.1.2 Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

No it's not all networks it's fine on Orange UK - i reckon it's AT &T
    their network is so overloaded that the signal is fkn feeble anyway lol

• Min
    Min Posts: 16
    via Wordpress

I agree about steve's answer is too irresponsible.
    And, i believe that is a problem clearly.

BUT, i want to ask to readers

when you make or get a call, do you check your gripping way ? I can not say all, but most of people don't thouch at left-bottom corner. If you want to touch, yes you can. But, i am asking your behavior.

I know, when are you use the phone for data service. You can touch this position easily.

Anyway, it is a hardware issues, it can not be resolved within short time. And, the current user don't have a solution now. We(user) have to find a way.

It is so wonderful ? -.-
    SJ have changed the smart phone world, at last, he is trying to change our behavior not only Flash system ...

• Paulius
    Paulius Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

I wonder how testing works in apple. Don't tell me non of the testers held an iphone that way... Gues they knew but had invested to much in the "revolutionary" antena...

• Jcm800
    Jcm800 Posts: 175
    via Wordpress
  • Just do it!
    Just do it! Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

ahahahaha cursing is fun!

• Jcm800
    via Wordpress
  • Jcm800
    via Wordpress
  • ZeppelinLed
    ZeppelinLed Posts: 68
    via Wordpress

Well I hold my phone to my right ear hole anyway, and my little pinky finger lifts off that area anyway, so unless ppl hold it to their left ear it's nit really such a big deal afterall? I've read posts that other users are making clear as a bell calls even with zero bars, so is it a combination if software glitch and the antenna then?!

• Whatascrewup
    Whatascrewup Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Its ok, all these apple fanboys don't have any friends to call anyway! Won't be a problem for them!

• wimp
    wimp Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Haha it's funny and stupid to reply such answer to customer. How could he dare to tell his customer how to hold the phone right while his product obviously have issue with the antenna?

It's the iPhone! there are no buttons but touch...people must hold wherêver they fêel secure to the device and not drop it.

Everybody just go return the iPhone 4 and don't buy it till they fix the problem...haha

• Skaar
    Skaar Posts: 21
    via Wordpress

@ Eddie.. You are such an idiot. People like you have nothing and make little in life to learn anything. Douchebag!

• Skaar
    Skaar Posts: 21
    via Wordpress

I'm sorry to say that nothing will happen. Apple fans are loyal no matter how bad to product is and Steve knows it will sell regardless. I love my iphone but i will switch in a heart beat if need be

• cave
    cave Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

Steve jobs can suck a **** **** apple Do they really think they can put out a inferror product and people will just suck it up FU apple

• Lumo7
    Lumo7 Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I thought Apple is all about innovation. They couldn't even think of a solution to avoid this antenna bridging? I'm a bit disappointed on how they are responding to this issue. Where are the innovative minds now?

• akri
    akri Posts: 47
    via Wordpress

wow...i'm so disappointed reading all your comments about the phone...i havent bought one yet..still have a 3gs and agree that steve's response was very arrogant and uncaring..while i do love apple and admire him a lot..this time that was very uncool..he forgets that apple is where it is b/c of US..he should at least pretend to care a bit more...im sorry for u guys that bought it and its not working right...i hope u get it fixed soon..

• lordK
    lordK Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

So after days spent digging on youtube for similar issues you came up with a video of a 10 years old Nokia wich loses only half the bars iphone does? GG if anybody is dumb enough to believe this

• Jeff
    Jeff Posts: 126
    via Wordpress

Called 1800-My-Apple this morning and spoke with a representative who quickly forwarded me on to a Senior advisor. After waiting on hold for about 20 minutes for the advisor he poped on took a bit of information and said apple will be emailing me in a few days about getting a free bumper out to me.

Now I know this is litterally only a bandaid to the problem but as I think about it honestly what more can apple do asside from either giving money back or free cases. To fix this issue would require redesigning the entire phone. Though I am sure we will see that anyhow next year with the Iphone 5 =)

• Cookie monster
    Cookie monster Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

The 600,000 + ppl need to get together and make Steve jobs to do something about this. Maybe ya could get a new and inproved iPhone. Let's go and band together now.

• Unlocked
    Unlocked Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

LMAOOOO!!! Good one! I'll just be listening to all complains, and waiting until they resolve some of these pesky issues before I invest in the new iPhone. My 3GS is working perfectly fine in the meantime!

• WOW
    WOW Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

HOLY ****! WOW! What a douchbag thing to say! LOL you gotta admit he has BIG balls, Media is going to have a field day on this one. I love the innovation that Apple possesses however they forget how close they came to bankruptcy 10 years ago and then the Ipod saved their asses. The 600,000 customers need to return the product and when its denied start picketing the front of the stores. Jobs has a short temper, take advantage of it. Just one question to you 600,000+ people with the new i4, how does it feel getting F'd up the ass?

• T
    T Posts: 71
    via Wordpress

With your response, its clear that you're the jerk (Eddie!). Maybe Eddie is the alter ego of Steve Jobs. It is something Steve Jobs would love to say publicly but can't.

• Vishnu
    Vishnu Posts: 199
    via Wordpress

I AM getting any problem, you should check out my video; iPhone 4's 3G speed is incredibly fast!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XJipQmm-ko

• Vishnu
    via Wordpress

forgot to add NOT getting any problem's,
    sorry TYPO...

• Vishnu
    via Wordpress

I AM getting any problem, you should check out my video; iPhone 4's 3G speed is incredibly fast!

• Vishnu
    via Wordpress

Typo- i am not getting problems on my iPhone 4.

• Vishnu
    via Wordpress

I AM NOT getting any problem, you should check out my video; iPhone 4's 3G speed is incredibly fast!

• iP4
    iP4 Posts: 33
    via Wordpress

i was in Apple store yesterday with a friend of mine who got the phone (mine arrived today). the second his phone was activated i was able to reproduce it on his right in the Apple store. my 3G phone doesn't have this problem (with or without case) it only drops 1 bar even if i try to wrap it in my hands. they MUST do something about it, this is $600 device (i know you pay less but you locked into 2 years contract now). if you wait more than 30 days you'll be stuck with it.
    i wonder what they will do if we start talking our phones back. i ordered bumper with the phone. once it arrives I'll test with bumper.